Thread: Delay #1

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    People are assuming they are having trouble with the patch. I however think there is a realm problem that came up after applying it ;P

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Patch day maintenance extended...

In other news, the Sun came up this morning.
    ^ lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    Retarded americans knowing ZERO about what it takes to patch a game. You think they just load the patch onto the servers then then everything is good? lol. Get some education.
    No need to insult people, also id like to point to the repition of the word "Then" perhaps you should have schooling ?

and no im not american

I'm kind of surprised I guess?

had to say that with an inflection because part of me wanted an 11 am release, but it was to be expected. A second maintenance would not be nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Asur View Post
    I live in Florida, I'll trade you weather
    Same! Florida weather is way too hot .

Retarded americans knowing ZERO about what it takes to patch a game. You think they just load the patch onto the servers then then everything is good? lol. Get some education.
    LOL, you are one of the typical interweb kids who thinks that b/c he reads stuff on the interwebz he knows how everything works. In reality, since we had all the data already downloaded, they just have to redirect it to point to the right location. You should probably take your Blizzard Fanboyism to the official forums.

Umm..Excuse me silly russion, Americans are not retarded. I have, in fact, read Patching for dummies!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    The entire world is changing. Literally every single square inch and pixel in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms is getting changed.
    I dunno, some of those pixels in Thunderbluff and Ironforge look awful familiar!

So far this morning I have cleaned the house, did laundry, went and got groceries and tons of other things. If it were for patch days/tuesdays I'd probably never get anything done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Some of us don't live in a tropical paradise.

Some of us live in Canada, British Columbia, where we're seeing record breaking drops in temperature this time of year.
    lol, i just came back from a nice swim in the Persian gulf. (i live in Dubai UAE) D

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by rinda View Post
    3 of the 4 servers i have 80s on were offline over 12 hours. that's pretty extended from the normal 6 hour maintenance. today is on pace to be a 12 hour maintenance too and we patched this all in a few weeks ago with 4.03
    Those are "server" specific issues. Turning on a switch can't be this hard. The whole point of having live patching just got roflstomped.

The entire world is changing. Literally every single square inch and pixel in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms is getting changed.
    Nah... Searing Gorge looks pretty much the same. Couple of zones got very little changes... while other zones are completely changed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who has played this game longer than 3 months knew this would happen. We all would have been shocked if it hadn't. It's ok though. No complaints here.

I expect to be home from work in a couple of hours and then drumming my fingers until 8 or 9pm (eastern) waiting to get on. Personally I feel confident that it'll all be worth it in the end. I only would have been disappointed if it had turned out NOT to be patch day.

Excuse me, but aren't Americans doing the patching?

:I

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion
    As a European, I approve of this delay. Ha!

Edit- Rofl @Shotzy's signature +100 internets.
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly surprised me. I didn't think it would require an extension based on the fact we already have it downloaded..

It may not be the patch, per se, but rather certain servers not handling the change as well as they'd like and as a result, push back the maintenance time for everyone..

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetics View Post
    rofl look like i am going to go outside. OH NO THE SUN IT BURNS
    It's not so much the sun that will burn as the extreme cold.

10+ Year Old Account

Trollololololololooooo

OT: It happens, thats why I have good ole' Counter Strike to keep me sane

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

Cairne gets to live for 2 more hourse.

Quote Originally Posted by rinda View Post
    what's bad is how the PTR was as bug free as anything released in WotLK

and today was a download the size of a few songs

they really can screw anything up
    The PTR doesn't simulate real conditions, no matter how much they want it to. When the PTR has like 200 servers and 12 million people using them, then it will simulate it. The download size is irrelevant to the amount of mechanics being changed. I'm not an expert on these things but you obviously know nothing of the topic. Sound, video, models, and texture files make up download size. Scripting and game mechanics changes don't make a patch file huge, but they affect the world the most and are the most likely to be buggy.