Poll: Ladygaga Yes/No

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    To be quite honest, Lady Gaga can make good songs, but thats where it ends. She's a bit to weird for my taste.

(Slightly off-topic)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    she just has catchy pop songs. i think there's a sense of mystique because she wears outrageous costumes/outfits and usually hides her face/eyes in some sort of manner.

example: one time she went to an award show of some sort in a dress made out of raw meat.

i think it's just a fad. like a female pop star version of marilyn manson
    I love your avatar and username.

she is not good. but she doesnt suck. which puts her on a pedestal in the american music genre.

If you really want to get an idea of her true talent, go to youtube and look up videos of her BEFORE she was Gaga. Her name is Stephanie Germanotta, and there's a few videos on there where she's playing some sort of school talent show or somesuch that will blow your mind.

Deleted
    Am I the only one that doesn't like ANY singer at all ?!? I mean not like dislike or something, I just don't give a crap about any.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    she is good. but she's stuck in a recording contract now, and has to play by their rules, which puts her on a pedestal in the american music genre.
    Fixed that up for ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her music is successful because some of it's catchy, but mostly because she's bizarre and some people latch onto that and swear it's depth, not insanity.

Basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    she just has catchy pop songs. i think there's a sense of mystique because she wears outrageous costumes/outfits and usually hides her face/eyes in some sort of manner.

example: one time she went to an award show of some sort in a dress made out of raw meat.
    Ya, I guess wearing a meat dress would gain notoriety. I would hope that it was in some sort of effort to make a statement, but I have no idea what she would be trying to impress upon others by wearing a dress of meat.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I know that she is talented, writes her own stuff and even plays Led Zeppelin on the piano... But she is still utter, utter garbage and should just go away along with the entire pop music genre.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I think it's pretty obvious that she just sold out, which is the case of a lot of pop musicians. They get entangled in some major record contract, which only revolves about earning as much money as possible. A good example could be Rihanna, no doubt that girl can sing, but her first record, she even said so herself, was not the true "her". She was forced to be this "pretty girl", which she didn't like. That's when "Good Girl Gone Bad", her 2nd album, I think, demonstrates that she stood up for her believes and just went on to be herself, regarding looks and so forth.

You can very obviously see a transformation in Lady Gaga as well. Look at the videos for the songs on "The Fame" - Ordinary blond haircut, nothing very "out of the box". Then "The Fame Monster" came out, look at Bad Romance and Alejandro, try to convince me that's the same individual who was behind those 2 albums. Nah-awh. If this is her real style, she's a messed up person, which we can clearly see from her prior-Lady Gaga state, that she isn't. She used to be this normal brunette. Maybe she will get down to earth (literally) in a couple of years, release a record and video without looking insane, and all the OMGSHESSOAWESOMEBECAUSESHEWEARSWEIRDSHIT-people will fall off and she can be recognised for the true talent that she sure as hell has.

Wall O' text crits you for 10000? :<

I envy her self confidence the most. She does things that no one would ever do. I wish i had that level of confidence in my daily life, maybe then I wouldn't play wow.

Pop music these days is pretty blegh, can't stand Lady Gaga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I see a ton of folks around here showing their love of this chick, but I have no sense of pop culture and no idea what the obsession is. Could somebody please enlighten me as to why she is so special? The only thing that I know is that she does that song that Cartman sings.

I admit that I am not a fan of pop music at all, but I can appreciate talent in any genre. Is her music just that awesome or does she have some other avenue for fame? Is this just some fad? Was she also a mousketeer?
    A lot of people feel that she speaks for them. She is a voice for the individual, the one who does not always conform to the way society wants him or her to. She's a freak, but she's our freak.

---------- Post added 2011-01-02 at 07:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Ya, I guess wearing a meat dress would gain notoriety. I would hope that it was in some sort of effort to make a statement, but I have no idea what she would be trying to impress upon others by wearing a dress of meat.
    "If we don't stand up for what we believe in, eventually we won't have anything but the meat on our bones."

---------- Post added 2011-01-02 at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BongimusPrime View Post
    If you really want to get an idea of her true talent, go to youtube and look up videos of her BEFORE she was Gaga. Her name is Stephanie Germanotta, and there's a few videos on there where she's playing some sort of school talent show or somesuch that will blow your mind.
    See the first page, I posted the perfect example.

---------- Post added 2011-01-02 at 07:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that she just sold out, which is the case of a lot of pop musicians. They get entangled in some major record contract, which only revolves about earning as much money as possible. A good example could be Rihanna, no doubt that girl can sing, but her first record, she even said so herself, was not the true "her". She was forced to be this "pretty girl", which she didn't like. That's when "Good Girl Gone Bad", her 2nd album, I think, demonstrates that she stood up for her believes and just went on to be herself, regarding looks and so forth.

You can very obviously see a transformation in Lady Gaga as well. Look at the videos for the songs on "The Fame" - Ordinary blond haircut, nothing very "out of the box". Then "The Fame Monster" came out, look at Bad Romance and Alejandro, try to convince me that's the same individual who was behind those 2 albums. Nah-awh. If this is her real style, she's a messed up person, which we can clearly see from her prior-Lady Gaga state, that she isn't. She used to be this normal brunette. Maybe she will get down to earth (literally) in a couple of years, release a record and video without looking insane, and all the OMGSHESSOAWESOMEBECAUSESHEWEARSWEIRDSHIT-people will fall off and she can be recognised for the true talent that she sure as hell has.

Wall O' text crits you for 10000? :<
    Paparazzi; she had it in her back then too. On another note, wait until may 23rd, I have a feeling her new album won't be nearly as outrageous as the current one, especially now that she is really focusing on the "be yourself" stuff. I mean the album is called "Born This Way" for God's sake.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post

I liked her a lot before I saw this, but when I did, I fell in love. It's just beautiful.
    Here's my thought after seeing this clip: Madonna + Marilyn Manson + a towering rack of autotune modules = Lady Ga Ga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like her, the videos shown with some of her old stuff at least. So for those and solely those, I chose yes.

But, I feel that although she wouldn't be nearly as famous as she is today had she kept to her old style, it would have ultimately ended better, the difference between the two is just stupid.

She definitely has talent, but I find some of the things she does/wears a little... odd.

I'm just tired of seeing her face everywhere. She really just needs to go hide in a hole for a year or so.

Now, she does have catchy songs. They aren't that bad, and she does have some talent. Totally overrated though. If she wasn't parading around in a dress made of meat, or taping random shit to her head, I don't think she'd be a percent as popular as she is. Her biggest talent isn't anything related to her musical ability, it's her ability to capture an audiences attention. Someone else said it perfectly, she's this generations Marilyn Manson of pop music. Just so happens pop music has a bigger fan base than rock.

My girl is obsessed with her to the point where it's unhealthy. Lady Gaga can control her emotions. Her concert sells out? She starts to cry (which she ends up getting tickets to anyway). Her new album is announced, but 5 months away? She gets genuinely angry it's so far away. Something comes out with Lady Gaga's name on it? She stamps her feet until she gets it. She's 25 years old. We're getting married this fall, she'll be genuinely upset if she has to miss a Lady Gaga concert because it's our wedding night.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

I'm not denying her talent, because she is very talented, I just don't like her music :/

Also not really on her but her fan base is freaking psycho defensive about her insanity. Not saying its bad to be insane, in fact it's more fun, but she is freaking insane, not some sort of messenger sent from above to speak out for you :/

Deleted
    I like Gaga, I just somewhat see that she sold herself out a bit, doing weird things to attract attention. In a perfect world, she'd be appreciated for her unmainstream stuff, such as what was linked earlier in the thread. However, she wasn't, so she decided to try something different which, unfortunately, was a big hit.

Don't get me wrong, she's incredibly talented. I just don't see that talent showing in her popular, more dance type music.

I dont support all her actions,and dont like all her videos,but damn girl makes good music
    Last edited by Janke; 2011-01-03 at 10:22 PM.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYq9v...layer_embedded -Vimpe (Tot)ally Fails 2 - Trailer VIMPE!!

Not a fan, but at least it's not trash like Justin Bieber. Also, Poker Face dance is fun to watch on my worgen when I'm feeling bored.