Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Ok, who forgot to tell me that this is thottbot now?
    Well Good thing i got Champion of Ulduar when it was new or Undying and immortal when they were new..... that would be more significant seeing as how thats when they meant the most but yea i see how some think Herald would mean the same at any time during its availability in WoTLK and some wouldnt

oh and WoWhead is better lol

Deleted
    My Guild did it yesterday.
    Battle.net says: 12 Hours ago, Feat of strength, 0 Points.

They should have removed that crap months ago, now its just like "WTF WHY didnt I keep my stuff..." <.<

Yeah, from everything I've read, and seen, it's definitely still obtainable.

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&cn=Fishmongers
    I can't post link but there is your proof, we also had some new people to the fight and we did take LONGER than one hour, so the timer is GONE.

(removed all the even more unimportant stuff from the quote)

Bullcrap, it's a feat of strength now, even though you can still get it, it doesn't grant points.
    I think the biggest thing is if you still get the title or not..who really cares about nerd points

Its a FoS now because it is unobtainable at 85. Makes no sense for it to give achievement points at level 85 when its unobtainable at that level, so that is why it was moved. Give it another week when people start leveling and it won't be an issue seeing other people get the title :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmongers View Post
    Its a FoS now because it is unobtainable at 85. Makes no sense for it to give achievement points at level 85 when its unobtainable at that level, so that is why it was moved. Give it another week when people start leveling and it won't be an issue seeing other people get the title :P
    However, this would be the first achievement that you can't get anymore after passing a certain level - existing characters that did what's intended by the game, level up, can't get it while new characters could theoretically activate the XP stop to gather the required gear and get the achievement.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    However, this would be the first achievement that you can't get anymore after passing a certain level - existing characters that did what's intended by the game, level up, can't get it while new characters could theoretically activate the XP stop to gather the required gear and get the achievement.

If you find 10 people who will go to such lengths for this title, they deserve getting that title.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    If you find 10 people who will go to such lengths for this title, they deserve getting that title.
    10 (or rather 9) alts (or new players) that will go to such lengths, so your alt deserves that title? You don't deserve any title for not levelling. Besides, no matter how much other people would work on that, once they (unknowingly) levelled past 80, they can't get it anymore. This contradicts the very foundation of the game.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Maybe, if you already have some bosses down without deaths, you can still obtain this title.

unfortunately me and my friend could not find enough ppl to do this achievement D:
    ggg

Deleted
    FoS will always be obtainable...
    It just not grant you titles..

So yeah its possible to do it

^ not true, its a FoS because you cannot get it anymore. I only needed mim for my conq title in ulduar, did it last night just to see, no one died and guess what no achievement, because Conq too is a FoS now. If you could still get the achievement or title they wouldn't have made it a FoS, just like all the others in the past this has happened to.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...are&cn=Kryojin

We ran this for a guildie last night that was asked to sit out the week before. We also brought in a couple of people out of guild that wanted it. As you'll notice, he obtained the Herald of the Titans FoS last night, and is wearing the title.

/thread.

well im wrong i guess, Conq doesnt work sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    Can also confirm the timer removed, but we killed him tonight with 226 and below (except main hand, off hand, and ranged slots) and did not get the achievement. We hope it's a bug, and petitioned a GM. Everyone confirmed each other's gear, none of it was incorrect.
    I don't know this as fact, but had heard that gear from 5-man ToC was ineligible, despite being within confines of the item level limits. If this is correct, it might have caused the failure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    Can also confirm the timer removed, but we killed him tonight with 226 and below (except main hand, off hand, and ranged slots) and did not get the achievement. We hope it's a bug, and petitioned a GM. Everyone confirmed each other's gear, none of it was incorrect.
    The gear you obtain can be from ANY instance. It can be crafted, it can be blues, it can even be lvl 70 Brutal Gladiator gear... and yes I've seen people wearing blues and Brutal gear while doing Herald (and still get it, LOL).

The gear must follow these rules however:
    All armor slots, rings, trinkets, and necklace must be 226 or lower.

Weapons, Offhand items, and Ranged Weapons must be 232 or lower.

RELICS, LIBRAMS, TOTEMS, and IDOLS must be 226 or lower. <-- This may very well have been what screwed you guys, if anyone was wearing a Furious item in that slot.

Note: I personally wear some ToC 5 man gear in my Herald Set, and have done it multiple times. So that is not the case.
    Last edited by KonkeroaR; 2010-11-30 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Note added.

I just got this last night, it's possible as long as you do at level 80. You could probably even get it in cata as long as everyone in the group was still 80 for the kill. I'll bet there's a herald group out there that will finally get it first tuesday of cata.

You can still get it . i done it last wednesday.

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Quote Originally Posted by KonkeroaR View Post
    The gear you obtain can be from ANY instance. It can be crafted, it can be blues, it can even be lvl 70 Brutal Gladiator gear... and yes I've seen people wearing blues and Brutal gear while doing Herald (and still get it, LOL).

The gear must follow these rules however:
    All armor slots, rings, trinkets, and necklace must be 226 or lower.

Weapons, Offhand items, and Ranged Weapons must be 232 or lower.

RELICS, LIBRAMS, TOTEMS, and IDOLS must be 226 or lower. <-- This may very well have been what screwed you guys, if anyone was wearing a Furious item in that slot.

Note: I personally wear some ToC 5 man gear in my Herald Set, and have done it multiple times. So that is not the case.
    yes weapons/shields/offhands must be less than or equal to 232 everything else less than or equal to 226

And your toon must be level 80.

If you met though reqs you get the FOS.

The achievement still carries the line "must be equal to what is obtained in 10 man"

-232 weapons are obtained in 10 man via hard modes. So yes, weapons from 10 man toc (non heroic) are fine
    -226 armor is available in 10 man via hard modes and algalon himself. So toc 5 man heroic gear is fine. So is gear from algalon or KT or Malygos.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.