Use of Alcohol (ESRB rating)

Just wondering, how is there any use of alcohol here?
    I mean besides seeing "___ is getting tipsy, _____ is completely smashed", I heard potions are considered alcohol? o.O how?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Booze is booze.

Even virtual drinking is drinking in the sense that it gives children knowledge that it is out there, and lots of stupid people try things out in RL that they see in games.

You can buy alcohol from a lot of different places in game, it also makes the screen blur and makes higher level mobs seem lower level to you as well as the messages you included.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

There is a whole in-game event that praises alcohol, Brewfest, and you seriously espect then not to put that there?

You realize those "____ is getting tipsy etc etc" emotes are from drinking in-game versions of real alcoholic beverages, right? And let's not even get into Brewfest...

10+ Year Old Account
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

"How is there any use of alcohol, besides..."

As soon as you realized you had to say besides, you should have realized you just answered your own question.

Let's not all forget the vomiting as a result =D

15+ Year Old Account
    Brewfest is a holiday devoted to getting as smashed as possible, riding through crowded streets on a racing ram (hello drinking & driving) to promote beer sales, and invading someone else's home to steal their special brew in a corporate scheme.

Use of Alcohol

dorfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just mentioned for informational purposes.

Honestly, one of the tamest things a kid will encounter in World of Warcraft will be simulated alcohol use.

Just a troll. Move on guys.

Im not entirely trolling :]

I realize Brewfest, but I meant about potions...no one said anything about potions here and I heard from a couple people that potions were considered alcohol, because iirc Diablo 2 didnt have any alcohol, just potions.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft sparked my interest in drinking alcohol. It also got me into kicking people out of my IRL Mechano-Hog atop a cliff, watching them fall to their death.
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: why is never peeple who are smart of the fighting
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: every time raiding
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: people are wheels on chair

(( Manapaws ))

Deleted
    I think alcohol is the least of your problems in a world of war....craft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    Even virtual drinking is drinking in the sense that it gives children knowledge that it is out there, and lots of stupid people try things out in RL that they see in games.
    I heard that in Munich children ignore the existence of Oktoberfest!

The more you drink the more your screen is blurrred.. yes i would say thats "Use of Alcohol"