Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boazjuggalo View Post

Might not be as effective in pvp but oh well, I don't play that game. :-)
    Why are you even posting in this thread then?

Sometimes I get sad when I think that this outdated form of CC is probably one of the main reasons why warlocks do not get the love where and when they really need it.

I am afraid the future for the class is endless tweaking of coefficients leaving us in a constant state of rollercoaster riding the OP-UP train without ever working out the core issues with warlocks.
    I like the idea of the new fear glyph though because constant curse switching to make fear a useful and reliable tool in 5mans was way too stressful when the group could just as well have brought a mage for the same task.

Fear is currently based on the target's hp (base hp i believe). HP is going up substantially, but dps is not. Therefore this means that at level 85 you will be able to fear someone for 2-3x as long while nuking the crap out of them before it broke. This is not intended and is another problem created by adjusting health pools so dramatically.
    Are you really sure about this? Because if that is the case it might seem fair at first but what about CC that doesnt break on damage then? Silence effects, stuns? They become greatly superior in comparison because even though dps might not grow proportionally to health pools damage is still quite a bit higher than we are used to.

as far as I recall fear in wotlk was based on percentage of base health. (something I always found retarded since that means the spell was worse each teir).
    /cast fear
    (dispeled)
    /cast fear
    (dispelled)
    /cast fear /cast Unstable Affliction
    (fear breaks on damage)

harharhar
    Last edited by Glnger; 2010-11-24 at 02:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillusion View Post
    it's being balanced around 85
    I like this statement more and more

We will see how balanced is it in just 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss T View Post
    We will see how balanced is it in just 2 weeks.
    In 2 weeks we'll say: Resilience will fix it, we'll see how balanced it is in a few weeks when we have better PvP gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickslol View Post
    Once again. I don't understand why this is such a surprise to everyone this patch was released on beta almost a month ago. Same thing with the damage reduction. Its just balance, warlocks were OP on beta before it closed. Nothing has changed.
    I don't keep up to date with beta, since everything changes there. But I do read the patch notes for live servers to see what was actually implemented.

I can understand a damage reduction if the output is too high. But both reducing damage and the CC abilities is perhaps stretching it a tiny bit. But hey, warlocks are the official nerfbat... no news about mages ;-)

This is a gut punch for shadow priests since our fear is on a long cooldown AND we have to be in melee range to use it.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted
    fear is still very powerful if used correctly

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 08:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    as far as I recall fear in wotlk was based on percentage of base health. (something I always found retarded since that means the spell was worse each teir).
    /cast fear
    (dispeled)
    /cast fear
    (dispelled)
    (fear breaks on damage)

harharhar
    it wont break fro ua since ua is pitifully weak, more so you cast ua befroe fear not after...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    fear is still very powerful if used correctly

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 08:51 AM ----------

it wont break fro ua since ua is pitifully weak, more so you cast ua befroe fear not after...
    I wouldn't be so sure about that since it now almost immediately breaks from WANDING

P.S. There is a topic in the pvp forum with a video showing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireworx View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about that since it now almost immediately breaks from WANDING

P.S. There is a topic in the pvp forum with a video showing it.
    If it breaks on wanding then it's really weak. Was that in 80 or 85 it did that? I cannot understand why they would nerf fear in 85 where CC has a much larger role and not in WoTLK arena where a lock that timed his stuff could solo kill a healer if he got them caught in a fear/dc/silence combo. I guess that if it doesn't change in 85 you guys will have to treat it like an annoying randomly moving sheep that u cannot cast on simply used for locking out an opponent and not a momentum to score a kill on the feared target

15+ Year Old Account
    Wanding is Direct Damage, which uses both the maximum damage component but also has a chance to break it early.

Basically, stop nuking your fear targets. It's called Crowd Control, not Crowd Obliteration

R.I.P. YARG

It's called Crowd Control, not Crowd Obliteration
    made me lol

but i agree, its a CC, not a stun.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Heres the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvqZunkd_MM

ps. Stuns are CC. i don't see how nuking someone down is a stun is fair but taking 10% hp in a fear isnt.

The actual spell "fear" is fine since it should be used more like a Poly CC, but Affli locks and Priests survivability depends very much on fear and when it breaks instantly from 1 dots (we always have dots on) we are screwed.

And if its direct dmg or Dot, doesn't matter, gherkin.

my fear is broken as soon as the target takes damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a good change. Changing fear (among others) to be more CC / Defensive, rather than offensive.

I remember being fear-locked 100 - 0 in TBC. Not very fun. Obviously not intended.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, a crowd control that breaks on damage.
    polymorph
    blind
    sap
    seduce

its nothing new imho:P

I guess a pet that can do a 4-5 second stun, Mortal strike and bladestorm isn't enough. Warlocks have been by far the most dominant class in pvp since the beginning of time. Warlocks are the more or less the reason why the 2v2 bracket was imbalanced.

Should not affect classes in which fear has a cd imo

Good change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    Oh no, a crowd control that breaks on damage.
    polymorph
    blind
    sap
    seduce

its nothing new imho:P
    oh, look another stupid post. priest and affli locks survivability depends very much on fear. this change nerfs the survivability of priest and aff locks witch was already bad.

Fear spells with CD should not be nerfed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    /cast fear
    (dispeled)
    /cast fear
    (dispelled)
    (fear breaks on damage)

harharhar
    Well played, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    I think it's a good change. Changing fear (among others) to be more CC / Defensive, rather than offensive.

I remember being fear-locked 100 - 0 in TBC. Not very fun. Obviously not intended.
    So being stunned/silenced to 100 - 0 is okay?

Pallies bubbles are defensive in nature, but nothing prevents them from dishing out damage while they are bubbled.

A common argument is mages are op'd in pvp. Common response is that with increased health pools, it won't matter. If this is true, it would and should apply to damage while feared as well. Increase health pools should counter balance the damage being done while feared.

Damage is damage, whether dots or direct damage spells.
    Last edited by Repo123; 2010-12-02 at 09:58 PM.

Does anyone else think that it's high time that stuns get the same treatment as Fear has over the years? I do.