Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What version of cata did you buy/preorder?

the regular retail copy? the special edition? the digital download?

i myself got the digital download
    "How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us." - Thrall

special edition, reason being i wanted the extra stuff and it was the only copy version gamestop had left for pre-ordering at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Collectors, for the fancy box to stack next to my other fancy boxes.

I paid for digital. But my mate decided he dint want his CE pre-order and ordered digital as well, and is selling me his CE. so I get digital and a week or so later get to decide what to do with my CE.

I pre-ordered CE. I was lucky enough to stop in at the last few hours they had CE available to pre-order.

CE, first time too...hope i wont regret it?

Deleted
    I myself have also ordered a CE cos I'm that much of a nerd :P

I'll probably end up doing the digital download. I would rather have the discs on hand in case I need to install wow again, but being able to play it instantly is nice. $10 is already a scam for a pet to me, so $30 is out of the question. That's all the ce would be to me, a pet, since I couldn't care less about the other stuff that comes with it.

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account
    I personally bought the CE, I have the BC CE, and the Wrath CE. The pet is nice but I actually play the TCG so def going for that and I love leafing through the art book as well.

digital. i have not wanted an action figure since i was 12, and I still don't. XD

Deleted
    I think a nice chunk of posters here will have CE (including me). mmo-champion posters are usually more involved with wow than the people who dont bother visiting forums (and thats the major part of the wow community), and many ppl wont bother to post in this topic :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dozar View Post
    Collectors, for the fancy box to stack next to my other fancy boxes.
    I expected the box to be more red than it is tho :-\

Digital Download, I should have gotten the CE for the in-game pet though I think. Oh well, really can't say I care too much.

Normal, dont bother spending extra cash on something that i wont care about in a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    the regular retail copy? the special edition? the digital download?

i myself got the digital download
    All 3 for different accounts.

Collector's for myself, but digital download for my boyfriend.

Still trying to scrounge up the money to buy it.

3 jobs in less than a month sucks.

Collectors Edition, solely for the in-game pet.
    <One Man Army>

I just got the digital download, I mean an extra 40 dollars for a pet are u kidding me?

Neither. There just isn't enough content that interests me that would make the game worth the purchase. I'm not interested in the new races nor leveling more alts therefore I'd say about 75% of this expansion is useless to me. The other 25% isn't enough to keep me playing either. It's sad to me that Blizzard focused so much on the old instead of new this time around.