Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Please Be Patient

I understand that everybody wants to experience the shattering, and that the maintenance is extended, so it is upsetting people. However, it's not like they just decide to say "we're going to make them wait for no reason." Building mmo's, especially ones being rebuilt from the ground up, is heavy work. There are processes they go through to switch them from beta to live server, and things like this are the cause of maintenance.

I am just as excited as the next person to experience these changes. But please understand, they are going through a a situation now that increased their workload by a longer time than they expected. It's not just the fans that are having to wait. While you're sitting there waiting for them to be back on, the people at Blizzard are trying their hardest to have everything cleared up and ready as soon as they can as well. Just think about this before flaming Blizzard for the downtime. They want everyone to enjoy the game, and enabling it right now would probably cause more confusing and frustration, as well as servers being dropped for longer than they are now.

I know I don't have to, but I apologize for the wait, and I'm sure Blizzard does as well. I hope this helps reduce any flaming that is going on.

Exactly!

I am The Horde

hah okard from stormrage?

Hello Wallowire, we meet again >_> lol

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong, but with the past track record of how difficult it is to implement new features - don't you think they could foresee this type of thing?

Why not just write, "Tuesday maintenance is anticipated to take 18-24 hours. We realize normal maintenance is anywhere from 4-8 hours, but we have a lot of new features being implemented. We know it will be worth the wait. It is possible that maintenance could be resolved sooner, and if it appears we'll be able to get servers up and running sooner we will let you know in advance. Until then, assume 24 hours is how long it will take."

Do we get reimbursed for this play time?!

I AM GONNA FOAM IF WE DON'T!
    "Please Trinket My Sap, Please Trinket My Sap"

Quote Originally Posted by Agoraphobia View Post

You will be. With new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgrofl View Post
    If I am paying for something I want professional service.
    "Time is money" - yes, my money.
    But I can wait, some life left in me.
    I'm sure they could have a near 24/7 uptime realm that never received any updates or content patches. The upside is you would never have to worry about downtime. The downside is you would wish you could experience all of the new content.
    Last edited by Fauxpaws; 2010-11-23 at 08:28 PM.

Deleted
    If I am paying for something I want professional service.
    "Time is money" - yes, my money.
    But I can wait, some life left in me.

Oh Blizzard, how could you do this? All the world's top leaders cannot play their WoW characters and are getting restless, hopefully they don't start nuclear Armageddon out of boredom. Think of the children, Blizzard!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fauxpaws View Post
    Maybe I'm looking at this wrong, but with the past track record of how difficult it is to implement new features - don't you think they could foresee this type of thing?

Why not just write, "Tuesday maintenance is anticipated to take 18-24 hours. We realize normal maintenance is anywhere from 4-8 hours, but we have a lot of new features being implemented. We know it will be worth the wait. It is possible that maintenance could be resolved sooner, and if it appears we'll be able to get servers up and running sooner we will let you know in advance. Until then, assume 24 hours is how long it will take."
    while I agree with that, you have to also think about it from another perspective. They anticipated that they would be done about 11. The problem seemed to arise sometime late morning, and realizing this, they had to extend the maintenance. As far as they know, they didn't foresee this either until something unexpected happened.

Deleted
    what's with all the ass kissing?

Don't worry guys, DW is just having a little trouble hitting the hole. He will find it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by ihazanepic View Post
    its not, its explaining why the game isnt running right now. I don't expect nor care if anyone from Blizzard takes a glance at this. Just explaining to the people who don't understand why they are waiting, cause they think its for no apparent reason other than Blizzard messing up, which isnt the case at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ihazanepic View Post
    I think the person is just trying to create some sense of normality.
    Why he/she is trying to do that on the internet I...dont know.

But eh. I dont care. I've been on the PTR, it all looks amazing, I think Blizz has done a fantastic job and if that makes me "Blizz Fanboy" then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fauxpaws View Post

In the realm of computer games...and MMOs in particular...it's not always easy to predict when something will be up and running. I do agree with you, however, that given the history of major patches and expansions, blizzard should pull out the "18-24 hour" message.
    I will add, though, that seeing that extended maintenance *always* happens and that it is *always* expected...I don't see why people get their panties in a twist (not you, per se, but people in general).
    Awesome forum handle, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoraphobia View Post

Here's your 10 cents.

Look back at how often they (Blizzard) have had to push back ETA times on patch day. Any time major content gets brought out, it takes much longer than they anticipate. Wouldn't it stand to reason that their ETAs are always a bit too optimistic?

I have to work at 5:00 PST time, and I'm not coming back until tomorrow, overnight, dunkies. I'm a little ticked because I shouldn't normally be awake at this hour but I've been waiting patiently to hear some non-amateur news from the college grads they hired at Blizzard, while we pay for this game, we have every right to expect the most out of our dollars. Not just in my case, but we've all got the right to tap our foots here.

Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    while I agree with that, you have to also think about it from another perspective. They anticipated that they would be done about 11. The problem seemed to arise sometime late morning, and realizing this, they had to extend the maintenance. As far as they know, they didn't foresee this either until something unexpected happened.
    This has happened with every single major content patch ever released over the last 6 years. It's not like this is the first time its happened. That said, I think most people assume they won't be logging in on major patch days until late at night, if at all.