Simple questions

Going to attempt to build a new comp, and I have narrowed my choices down a bit for processor/card

i5 760/GT430 or X4 945/5450 (ive read bad things about pre 5770 cards? is this true?)

Could do both of these for roughly the same price. I would basically only be playing wow, and I know wow has never been cpu heavy (or so I've heard) which is making me think about going the super cheap route with a i3 or a newer X2....hell right now I have an ancient system with a x2 4450e and a 4550 I put in and it runs wow fine 30+ even maxed settings expect raids which are usually awful no matter what settings...

Any suggestions?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Konics View Post
    I would basically only be playing wow, and I know wow has never been cpu heavy (or so I've heard)
    You have heard very, very wrong. WoW is FAR more CPU dependent than GPU dependent. Get the best CPU you can for your budget (i5 760 in this case)
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    I would stay clear of the i3 (Or similiar cases for AMD) it's not based for a gaming product, (Turbo technology yeah but it's really bad in practicial).
    WoW is mostly CPU bound a graphic card prob only gives you a high benchmark
    5770 is as good as it can be for a "bang for your buck" card, It's decent enough to run WoW's graphic settings to ultra (AA maybe toned down). Higher cards may allow this to be higher. (5770 with Directx11 will prob give you a 3-4% increase in FPS when it is fixed in Cata). From reports i've personally seen it is very buggy now for some people, some others it works fine but not fully.

i5 760 is prob best mediocre for a decent build, OC it works well and keeping it pretty cool (With a decent heatsink fan).
    Only problem i see with an i5 760 and a GT430 is that the CPU bottlenecks the GPU,

IMO if you want a good value build for your money start with a 5770 and i5 760, your FPS may vary in some situations but majorly you won't lag so much when it comes to 25man raiding (You may even be able to OC on your stock heatsink fan to knock out those jittery laggs).

I'm no Computer tech but this is what i know of from help i have gotten, aswell as reviews and vids!

Maybe someone will be able to help you further if you want anything more technical.

The gt430 is a HTPC card and is a very low end card that will bottleneck an 5 760.
    If you want something in a similar price range, get a 4850 (87.99 @ newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814129163)

I would not recommend buying any cheaper card for a new build

What is your budget and what parts do you need?

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.