New CPU for Black friday

Hi i am shopping for a new computer to get my WOW on, i have found a cheap Used mac mini and wonder if anyone has any imput on alternatives or if this will even be useable for Wow, i have played wow on my Imac g5 (2005) model and upuntill the videocard died it was great. i Do lots of 25man raiding.

here is the mac mini i found

40GB Hardrive
    2.0 GB memory
    1.83GHz Mac mini (MA608LL/A)

Graphics
    Intel GMA 950 graphics processor with 64MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory

thanks please post any helpful information, happy Thanksgiving/Black friday

It's going to be pretty weak for raiding. To play wow at a reasonable resolution you really need a current gaming computer. A used mac isn't going to cut it.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

15+ Year Old Account
    mac mini = media center, not a gaming device. you're better off trying to use a microwave, a blender, 3 forks, and a bottle opener.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

My old laptop has similar specs: 1.8 dual core with onboard graphics, 2gb ram.

basically the only smooth(ish) 25m raiding I was getting was in 600x400 windowed resolution with lowest possible settings and game booster.

Full screen would be 3-6 fps; 15 if staring at the ground. (if the system doesnt crash, which it will)

Thanks for the input, i am a Mac user but since all i need this computer for is WOW i may consider a PC. anything under 500$ that would be useable? please post some cheap alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    mac mini = media center, not a gaming device. you're better off trying to use a microwave, a blender, 3 forks, and a bottle opener.
    chuckled
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

LOL MAC...................... (sorry don't ban me)

Would this PC be a better choice?

Computer Features: 3D Graphics
    Processor: Up to 2.8 Ghz AMD Athlon II x2 240
    Hard Drive Speed: 7200 RPM
    Hard Drive Capacity: 500GB Hard Drive Capacity
    Hard Drive Interface: SATA II
    System RAM: 4 GB, Expandable To 8 GB
    Memory RAM Type: DDR3; 2x2GB
    RAM Expansion Slots: 2
    Shared Graphics Memory: 256 MB

i know nothing about what is top of the line, middle, bottom. this PC is $460.00 and could be in my price range. tell me if it looks better than mac mini please.

THANK YOU Xuvial that PC looks alot better than mac mini...
    Last edited by shniishnii; 2010-11-23 at 11:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shniishnii View Post
    Thanks for the input, i am a Mac user but since all i need this computer for is WOW i may consider a PC. anything under 500$ that would be useable? please post some cheap alternatives.
    Considering the number of parts required to put together a PC, $500 is a very tough budget :S

The only pre-built alternative I can find (that can run WoW semi-decently) is this:
    $599 - CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883229193

Unless someone wants to custom build a $500 pc that has better specs than the above = /
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kripparrian View Post
    My old laptop has similar specs: 1.8 dual core with onboard graphics, 2gb ram.

basically the only smooth(ish) 25m raiding I was getting was in 600x400 windowed resolution with lowest possible settings and game booster.

Full screen would be 3-6 fps; 15 if staring at the ground. (if the system doesnt crash, which it will)
    Sounds like my old laptop ^^

God how did i tank in these specs xD
    (Funnily enough i had quick reactions even through the lagg :S)