Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Atieno View Post
    You have obviously never had your main be a ret paladin.. being wow's red headed step child for 4 years of the game has us a bit skeptical let me guess rogue or lock?
    i dont think my alts gonna have the light of dawn title

;\

but yeah this is my main and i think rets going to be fine in cata

Quote Originally Posted by Aieoz View Post
    lol @ people complaining about ret dps 2 weeks before cata

whats the point of raiding right now anyway? invincible is like 1% drop rate now isnt it?

if ret is still bad in cata then feel free to complain about it, but now its pointless
    Pointless for you, perhaps, but you can't realistically argue against other people raiding, particularly if they're still working on H-LK25.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Daos View Post
    Pointless for you, perhaps, but you can't realistically argue against other people raiding, particularly if they're still working on H-LK25.
    I realize people are still working on that, but...my god. It's one week from cata and you're still trying for it? Just give up and take a week off, you'll be much happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I realize people are still working on that, but...my god. It's one week from cata and you're still trying for it? Just give up and take a week off, you'll be much happier.
    That's highly debatable. Yes, you'd get time off from the wipefest, but personally time off from raiding never made me feel more relaxed than just the rest of the time. And by that I mean taking a week or 2 off.

Furthermore, it's people's own prerogative if they want to try for it, no one else's. I find the idea of passing judgment on anyone that's still working at it a silly waste of my time.

Edit: Oh, and since we're splitting hairs, it's technically two weeks from Cata, not one week. Well, 2 weeks minus 1 day.
    Last edited by Daos; 2010-11-24 at 07:20 PM.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like posts like this: All whinni' without any point, but retri pala dps is really joke now. Last week I did pull about 19k dps on Saurfang, this hour ago it was 15K. Same goes for any other stationary boss and I rather not talk about fights when ya have to run a lot. But hopefully it will be fixed on lvl 85...
    "Not that I mind senseless violence, manling, but what are you doing to that old man?" - Gotrek, the Trollslayer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumos View Post
    Lol yeah they are level 85 bosses.
    They are skulls, a skull's level is equal to your level + 3. This shouldn't effect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrel View Post
    They are skulls, a skull's level is equal to your level + 3. This shouldn't effect anything.
    That's what I thought, too, but it's the only explanation. I was running a 42% miss chance on Exorcism and a 92% glancing rate on my auto-attacks. (Not to mention dealing drastically reduced damage.)

Quote Originally Posted by Verdris View Post
    Dpsing heroic Deathbringer tonight, I was reaching 12-14k. Single-target, obviously. Not cleave damage. Mostly 264 gear, some 251's and unfortunately, still the 245 neck from 25 ToC.

Am I the only ret paladin who has figured out how to play the spec post-4.0.3? All I hear is QQ about how ret's dps sucks but I'm pulling more now than I was pre-4.0.1.
    your talking rubbish end of !

Badpaladin, if it annoys you to keep reading about nerf post, take some guidance about banging chicks and watching harry potter yourself
    seems You,just like this post, have nothing better to do than moan about nerf posts,while most have nothing better to do than make them.

i agree with most of you about this nerf,
    while the DPS tables sustain the same old classes hitting 15k through to 24k if not more
    paladins patch through patch just keep getting lower and lower down the table

ahhh well

I personaly think its a joke by ghost crawler,saying to all his staff "Watch this on patch day" "LMAO, TOLD YOU look there all crying on the forums"

/tweek /adjust /Hot fix

Done
    Last edited by creatz; 2010-11-24 at 07:59 PM.

During our ICC clear last night all 3 of our ret's were doing significently less damage. Exorcism only looks good in icc cause it will always crit (it hit's harder in there then HoW) but over all our DPS is way down.

Paladin dps definitely went down by 3-5k in ICC25hc. Last week dps on rotface/festergut (for example) was 19k, this week 14-15k. Saurfang dps 15k, when it used to be 20k. TV hits for a good 10k+ less, CS does less dmg. What the hell happened?

10+ Year Old Account
    And is it just me or it really sounds wrong when Exorcism does hit more then Templar's Verdict? On our current LK HC 25 kill my biggest crit with VT was 26763 while with Exorcism 28978... That really should be happenin' tbh
    "Not that I mind senseless violence, manling, but what are you doing to that old man?" - Gotrek, the Trollslayer

Quote Originally Posted by creatz View Post
    Badpaladin, if it annoys you to keep reading about nerf post, take some guidance about banging chicks and watching harry potter yourself
    seems You,just like this post, have nothing better to do than moan about nerf posts,while most have nothing better to do than make them.
    Yes, a personal troll! I'm actually in a coffee shop waiting on my latte postin' on the phone before I head to the beach, if you're wondering. I know, I know...it's asinine to tell people to calm down over something useless and inconsequential anyways!

But seriously, if all of the people here complaining about DPS bothered to look at the hundreds of logs of beta raids, they'd see that not only is ret DPS fine, but arguably damn good. The changes you see right now are exactly how ret is modeled in beta. These doom and gloom posts about "oh my god, we're going to be terrible!" are, as usual, without any findings or reasonable backing.

They tweaked all the "% of weapon dmg" skills so they are less effective at lower levels. 80 is a lower lvl now that the patch hit

Deleted
    Negatives:
    2k DPS loss from 4.03 to 4.03a.
    Communion Aura is not showing nor is it working.

Positive:
    Zealotry has a sexy animation

15+ Year Old Account
    Positive:
    Closing the thread, since no real discussion is taking place.