Thread: 4.03a Meta Gems

4.03a Meta Gems

Does anyone know what Meta Gem is supposed to be best now? I'm curious which one for all three DPS specs. I'm looking at Invigorating Earthsiege Diamond (21 Haste Rating and Sometimes Heal on Your Crits) right now for Two hand Frost and Unholy. Possibly Swift Skyflare Diamond (21 Critical Strike Rating and Minor Run Speed Increase) for Dual Wield Frost, to open up 32 attack power on your boots.

I'd venture to imagine that Chaotic Skyflare Diamond and Relentless Earthsiege Diamond are out of the question right now, since we'd lose a ton of Strength. Not to mention... I REALLY don't wanna regem all of my shit that I'm gonna replace come December 7th.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Id personally use Thundering Skyflare Diamond

some are opting for destructive....21 crit rating, requires 1 of each
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    The current design has been reconsidered, so we're planning to revert gems that now require more blue than red gems back to their original requirements. Such a change can't be accomplished via a hotfix though, so we'll have to wait to revert these in a future patch.
    3% Crit should be back around the time Cata drops!

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

I went with Swift Skyfire, changed my boots to icewalker and called it a day.

No way in hell im changing 10 epic gems out to satisfy a meta so I can "quest better".

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I wouldnt bother about it to much. Blues have already stated they will be reverting them back and lets face it, do you really want to regem for 2 weeks?

I wouldn't even change my meta if it went inactive.
    But I'm not using dps-meta gems when I raid anyhow and I couldn't care less when questing (realized afterwards that I did all of the AT dailies with my chef's hat on because I started with cooking daily that one day /shrug).

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Yeah I wouldnt bother about it to much. Blues have already stated they will be reverting them back and lets face it, do you really want to regem for 2 weeks?
    Could you provide a link to this blue statement?

Edit: It's on the MMO-Champion front page now.

"The current design has been reconsidered, so we're planning to revert gems that now require more blue than red gems back to their original requirements. Such a change can't be accomplished via a hotfix though, so we'll have to wait to revert these in a future patch."
    Last edited by Dalavita; 2010-11-24 at 10:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You might want to take a look at consider's blogpost.
    http://considerit1.wordpress.com/201...-confirmation/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    You might want to take a look at consider's blogpost.
    http://considerit1.wordpress.com/201...-confirmation/
    Is out of date now Blizz have confirmed they're reverting the change they made to CSD. You may want to change it on a temporary basis if you're really upset with not having an active metagem but you'll be changing it back as soon as the change gets patched in.