Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Mine is fine, but it's made my chakra bug countless times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post
    Basically, what you mean to say is that Chakra (PoM/H) is situational while Chakra (Heal) can be used more in general.
    Yes, so it doesn't affect us that much that Chakra (PoM/H) doesn't extend Chakra as easily. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Well, Chakra falls off very easily for me now even with PoM. One 4 sec extension every 10 seconds isn't enough. The 4 sec on PoH is really only 2 sec due to the cast time. It may be more of a noticeable pain when we have our 4-piece T11, and when we can't spam like we can now at level 80.
    TO help future priests, I would like to share a very simple macro I made for Chakra to keep it from "falling", especially now that it's duration and cooldown are identical.

#showtooltip (spell you wish to show here, likely the spell you will cast)
    /cast Chakra
    /cast (spell that activates chakra here)

Since Chakra does not trigger the GCD, you actually don't even need it on your bars. Even if you attempt to cast a spell while Chakra is active, it will simply tell you the first ability (Chakra) is not ready but will cast your spell regardless. However, I've found this to be very effective for keeping Chakras from falling off, and to get them back up very easily if they do (it also helps if you're in an extended Chakra state for one spell but wish to switch after the cooldown is back up).
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure if that's a good idea. What if you want to stay in Chakra (Heal) and the cooldown is ready for Chakra, but you don't want to activate aoe Chakra by using Prayer of Healing or Mending once?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    TO help future priests, I would like to share a very simple macro I made for Chakra to keep it from "falling", especially now that it's duration and cooldown are identical.

#showtooltip (spell you wish to show here, likely the spell you will cast)
    /cast Chakra
    /cast (spell that activates chakra here)

Since Chakra does not trigger the GCD, you actually don't even need it on your bars. Even if you attempt to cast a spell while Chakra is active, it will simply tell you the first ability (Chakra) is not ready but will cast your spell regardless. However, I've found this to be very effective for keeping Chakras from falling off, and to get them back up very easily if they do (it also helps if you're in an extended Chakra state for one spell but wish to switch after the cooldown is back up).

Thank you!

A chakra state won't make or break anything until 85 anyway and this just made the dumb thing a lot easier to deal with.

15+ Year Old Account
    It made the Chakra states pointless >_>

If you really just want Chakra macroed on all your Heals you can get rid of the annoying warnings that Chakra is on cooldown thusly:

#showtooltip Heal
    /script UIErrorsFrame:UnregisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE")
    /cast Chakra
    /script UIErrorsFrame:RegisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE")
    /cast Heal

I should say that I have Chakra+<spell> on special buttons though, and plain Heal/PoM/PoH/Smite on others.

15+ Year Old Account
    An added note about the Chakra macro, it seems that it is not working with Prayer of Mending. It will cast Chakra, but then the error (that spell is not ready yet) will occur and Prayer of Mending is never cast. Perhaps this macro only works on spells with no cooldown. I am guessing to macro PoM to Chakra, you will need something else or this is a bug.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Hmm, it works for me with Mending. It casts the Mending even if Chakra is on cooldown. Just tested it with a simple:

#showtooltip Prayer of Mending
    /cast Chakra
    /cast Prayer of Mending

I'm not specced into State of Mind (holy PvP spec), but it doesn't seem that likely that that causes a bug with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    It made the Chakra states pointless >_>
    Yeah, having the cd the same as the duration sort of makes it that, not pointless I guess but you dont have to pay attention to it as much, tho I guess it's nice you dont have to keep burning mana in heroics and such just to keep a state up, would suck in cata considering how precious mana is then so in the end it's all good I recon.

They should just give us various forms / shapes / stances, whatever, just like Warrior, Death Knights and Dr00ds already have. Only in this case, they only come available when you get the Chakra skill. Then depending on what you need as a healer, you can switch Chakra state. This makes it easier to use, and disconnects it from the "next spell cast" issue. At the same time, it makes the healer pay more attention to which Chakra state is being used and the good healers will be Chakra-dancing throughout raid encounters.

I guess it won't matter all too much in normal and heroic dungeons, but I have no feeling yet for the lvl 81+ content.

A stance bar doesn't do anything for making you "pay more attention". It makes it a passive button that you push once upon entering a dungeon and stop caring for. No thank you.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

If you want something along those lines, view Inner Fire and Inner Will as that. Inner fire for throughput and mitigation, Inner Will for movement and mana reduction on instants (Perfect for renew blanketing, the difference in mana is huge.). Good priests will know when to switch armors and when each is going to be used. Pair that with the Chakra states and there will be quite a gap between good priests and bad priests, especially with the new cata healing structure.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    A stance bar doesn't do anything for making you "pay more attention". It makes it a passive button that you push once upon entering a dungeon and stop caring for. No thank you.
    I don't find myself using Chakra at the moment at all in HC's, so I fail to see how that makes any difference. Yes, I realise that Cata HC's will be a lot harder and that using Chakra will perhaps make a difference there, I'm not sure (that is even disregarding item inflation as the expansion gets older). Personally, I see it more as a raiding tool that we have - and like with other spells and abilities, a good priest will be adapt at stance dancing, whereas a bad priest won't. It's only one more trick up our sleeves, not some raid-defining ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post
    I don't find myself using Chakra at the moment at all in HC's, so I fail to see how that makes any difference. Yes, I realise that Cata HC's will be a lot harder and that using Chakra will perhaps make a difference there, I'm not sure (that is even disregarding item inflation as the expansion gets older). Personally, I see it more as a raiding tool that we have - and like with other spells and abilities, a good priest will be adapt at stance dancing, whereas a bad priest won't. It's only one more trick up our sleeves, not some raid-defining ability.
    Each pull in a heroic you still have more than 25% of your mana left, take of a piece of gear. Repeat until you've only have a weapon and trinkets equiped. You'll find a lot more use for Chakra. Alternatively assemble a set of gear that looks cool, but has terrible stats.
    I think usage of Chakra will make the difference between an average Holy Priest and a good one. Same goes for Inner Fire/Will, but to a lesser extent.
    Resurrected Holy Priest