Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Meta Gem changes WTF?

Sooo one of the first things i noticed when i logged on the Melee Dps meta gems are now useless. They require more blue gems than red?? wtf srsly blizzard come on

Deleted
    Welcome to a brand new world where everything has been announced weeks and months ago, including changes to gems.

Deleted
    We live well in lvl85 with that.

Less complaining, more adapting.

Ok, I can live with that.
    But one thing bother me, (I know it's a lvl 70 gem, but still) how can I get the requirements to activate this one?:
    Chaotic Skyfire Diamond
    Requires more Blue gems than Blue gems
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2010-11-24 at 02:02 AM. Reason: typo -_-

Deleted
    Gotta love the drama making for changes .

Just deal with it as the rest of the people are doing please.

Deleted
    To be honest, its not that bad now that hit is a blue gem stat, I imagine everyone will be gemming hit for the meta.

Deleted
    The new method is to gem for hit in all your blue socketsthen reforge your hit to something else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Oh, that's quite easy. First you fill up all sockets with purples. Then you insert a blue. And then a prismatic. And Voila, you have more blues than blue :-D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Ok, I can live with that.
    But one thing bother me, (I know it's a lvl 70 gem, but still) how can I get the requirements to activate this one?:
    Chaotic Skyfire Diamond
    The requirements are:
    1. Go to Blizz official forum
    2. Report bug

But I don't want to, it's always fun to see little bugs like that ingame that don't really affect gameplay.

This kinda screws Ferals. Since we don't usually worry about hit we usually just have complete red gems and only maybe 1-2 pieces with hit on them. I suppose we just won't be using our Meta bonuses because, as as far as I know, we'll still be in the same situation with hit and won't want to stack blue/purple gems.

Deleted
    Str/Hit, Agi/Hit, Exp/Hit, Haste/Hit, Crit/Hit, Mastery/Hit and ofc pure Hit are all blue gems.. that's ALL primary and ALL secondary stats you can use, together with hit.. if by gem'ing these gems, you get too much hit, go reforge some of your gear, and BUUUM, problem solved! I wonder how many posts/topics would be in this forum, if people actually bothered doing their homework, before they start to complain ;D
    Last edited by mmoc5c4bf4e6e9; 2010-11-24 at 02:11 AM.

The problem with purples though is if you put them in a red gem slot they count as a red

15+ Year Old Account
    Just take another Meta in Cataclysm. I mean there are other Meta's that are almost the same. For example there is a good one that gives Mastery and Run Speed increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibary View Post
    The problem with purples though is if you put them in a red gem slot they count as a red
    Actually Purple counts as both Red and Blue (or atleast they should) so Purple gems you don't have to think about unless you only use Purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Beéfheart View Post
    The new method is to gem for hit in all your blue socketsthen reforge your hit to something else.
    Reforging is certainly a compelling addition to the game when it is used only as a bandaid to workaround a heavy-handed top-down attempt to force players to change the way that they gem.

Yeah i am a feral and thats why its an issue i dont really have hit on gear to reforge in the first place

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Reforging is certainly a compelling addition to the game when it is used only as a bandaid to workaround a heavy-handed top-down attempt to force players to change the way that they gem.
    Heavens forbid we now actually have to THINK about how we gem. Ohnoes, we can't stack Primary Stat anymore.

No, seriously, it's annoying, but a welcome change that will push Reforging into the category of "commonly used". Unlike certain other stuff they've made over the years...

That is definitely a method. Slightly annoying for shadow priests though, especially if you had a bunch of spirit on certain pieces and you had to reforge all of that and already had to reforge a bunch of your hit. For shadow priests it's sort of getting to the point that we barely even need to take gear with +hit. This may change with getting to lvl 85 of course, but it is a bit of an oddity atm

Deleted
    unless you´re a fury warrior