Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Why would you, as a shadowpriest, boomkin or elemental shaman, ever use a piece of gear with Hit instead of spirit? Compare what they do for you:

Hit makes you... Hit. That's it. Once at Hitcap, you do not need any more of it, until you change gear or move up a raid-tier. You can now focus on getting more dps stats, like haste, crit and mastery.
    Spirit gives you Hit as well as Mana regen. Once you have enough Hit from Spirit, you do not need to take any more Spirit gear. You will have gained a bit of Mana regen while reaching the Hitcap and can now focus on getting more dps stats, like haste, crit and mastery.
    Seriously reread what you posted up above. What you said was "we'll want stuff without hit at all"... that statement does not make sense. It would make sense if you said "we'll want stuff without hit", "we won't want stuff with hit", or hey even this "you are right at 85 we won't even want stuff with +hit" since that was the point of my post in the first place. Learn the English language better, I was just asking for clarification because what you had said was nonsensical. If you reread my first post or hey visit the priest forums sometime you will clearly see I understand why spirit works better for shadow priests.

I was more commenting on how gemming for hit doesn't work so good for us and how it seems odd because in the many year of wow being around this is the first time where a dps caster class has been in the position of being able to completely ignore hit gear. It's just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    You don't seem to have an idea how easy it is to cap hit for special hits at least. Str will still be superior to hit, when you are there. Tho hit will be the best secondary stat to stack for white hits for a warrior for example. But str > hit over specials cap. Period.

There is no excuse whatsoever for standing in fire. Stamina is a useless stat to gem for in pve.
    Exept the fact that hit cap, is from what i've read so far, mandatory for all specs including DW. Or if not capped as close to cap as possible. Especially with the removal of ARP. you can no longer ignore as many white hits as u used to due to the damage mitigation. So a white swing will yeld more dps than a hit increased by some more str.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Changed all my Reds to Hybrid Purples made no difference, dissapointed

There is a new one for melee dps: "Thundering Skyflare Diamond," procs haste. Sorry if it's been posted already. :P
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshiva View Post
    Exept the fact that hit cap, is from what i've read so far, mandatory for all specs including DW. Or if not capped as close to cap as possible. Especially with the removal of ARP. you can no longer ignore as many white hits as u used to due to the damage mitigation. So a white swing will yeld more dps than a hit increased by some more str.
    I know that hit is more important to go for now than it was before beyond 8%. But gemming for it will still not grant you more dps than str will. Reforging for it will however be worth it on every piece of gear without hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibary View Post
    The problem with purples though is if you put them in a red gem slot they count as a red
    False in wowlk and cata beta. Where did you get that?
    Sockets is for bonus not for meta. Meta only read gems not sockets.
    Even if a noob miss all their bonus he can active the meta.

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    Everyone will be stacking Hit gems.

Deal with it for two weeks.
    Actually, like those priest bros discussed, shadowpriests will be gemming spirit!
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    Hit rating is the most important stat for any Damage Dealing class, period. Str, Agi and Int mind as well be called Secondary stats.
    You know how I know you've never raided with a feral druid?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    What you said was "we'll want stuff without hit at all"... that statement does not make sense. It would make sense if you said "we'll want stuff without hit", "we won't want stuff with hit", or hey even this "you are right at 85 we won't even want stuff with +hit" since that was the point of my post in the first place.
    I'm sorry, but at what point did we actually disagree? I'm saying we don't want Hit, you're saying we don't want hit.... Right?

Learn the English language better, I was just asking for clarification because what you had said was nonsensical.
    Will you take Danish lessons then? I've only been taught the english language since the fourth grade, can't expect it to be perfect, even though I'm 30 now.

I was more commenting on how gemming for hit doesn't work so good for us and how it seems odd because in the many year of wow being around this is the first time where a dps caster class has been in the position of being able to completely ignore hit gear. It's just odd.
    Odd and Awesome. And it's a full 3 specs that will not need Hit on their gear (until Blizzard decides to change it), not an entire class.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I know that hit is more important to go for now than it was before beyond 8%. But gemming for it will still not grant you more dps than str will. Reforging for it will however be worth it on every piece of gear without hit.
    Another example in my case with an Arms war for PvP'ing during the next couple of weeks. I get around 5% hit vs level 80 players. I agree, why would I want to gem for hit instead of a valuable stat like strength? Reforging hit into mastery/haste/crit wont make up the diff with my gear unless I am mistaking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroto View Post
    Another example in my case with an Arms war for PvP'ing during the next couple of weeks. I get around 5% hit vs level 80 players. I agree, why would I want to gem for hit instead of a valuable stat like strength? Reforging hit into mastery/haste/crit wont make up the diff with my gear unless I am mistaking.
    Yes, but I am talking about dual wield specs tho :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lithion View Post
    This kinda screws Ferals. Since we don't usually worry about hit we usually just have complete red gems and only maybe 1-2 pieces with hit on them. I suppose we just won't be using our Meta bonuses because, as as far as I know, we'll still be in the same situation with hit and won't want to stack blue/purple gems.
    I just ran a few tests using Mew, and it is about a 300 dps loss to use the meta gem and regen to purple +10 hit and +10 agility gems, I replaced the old meta with the Thundering Skyflare and that one gives haste. Seems like it will be atleast a decent replacement for the 3% crit loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    stop mindlessly stacking strenght >_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/136970/dps-meta-gem-changechange-it-back
    The current design has been reconsidered, so we're planning to revert gems that now require more blue than red gems back to their original requirements. Such a change can't be accomplished via a hotfix though, so we'll have to wait to revert these in a future patch.