Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So I made 500g...

selling portals for an hour in Dalaran. It's good to be a mage!

edit: To all of you claiming I'm a total jerk for this, boohoo. I am spending my time and, on a lesser note my reagents, I have a full right to be compensated.

Along with that, I don't charge anything. I just say that tips are encouraged. And most people tip me 5g or so. Thanks for judging!
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg Says; 2010-11-25 at 01:20 PM.
    Lightning Fast

Deleted
    What was your price? I'm thinking of a simple 20 per portal...

Good thing you earn gold on pepole being lazy.

thank god guild mage's give free ports.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL, so thats where the mages on my realm got the idea from :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    thank god guild mage's give free ports.
    i agree this is bad tbh i hate it mages are loving this its the only reason blizzard removed it cause mages were like wh ta fa im not makings as much golds as bafore bc qq but hey when were making 500g in half an hour of creep grnding mages port prices will be 150g am i right?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    i agree this is bad tbh i hate it mages are loving this its the only reason blizzard removed it cause mages were like wh ta fa im not makings as much golds as bafore bc qq but hey when were making 500g in half an hour of creep grnding mages port prices will be 150g am i right?
    Typing fast makes your point less clear.

Lik whn u mis haf a wrd.

Deleted
    all i can say is good job blizz again for failing once again. not letting portals up at least till cataclysm starts when u dont have northrend as main zone.

grats. my gf's making ~3-5k a day off inscription, much less work too.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone sounds mad
    Can't say I care they removed the portals, not like I have any more business in Northrend as raiding has pretty much come to a halt. I guess there's the egg-buying from Oracles, but I can force myself to get a quick zeppelin ride to Borean Tundra.

And hey, if people are lazy, who's to blame mages for making money off those lazy people :>

it was said already why portals were removed the reason being is they want more players to be in the newly designed orgrimmar and sw that aint gonna happen if the portals were still there many players stay in dal for these portals so its easy to get from a to b and if im honest i agree with blizzards thinking why design new orgrimmar and stormwind if the majority of players are still gonna be in dalaran

its a Sound business plan so long as you don't be tight and charge obscene amounts
    "In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't. You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair... but that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

The Main, The Alt, The Pretender

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't charge anything. I just say, "Invite me for portals, tips are encouraged!". So I come off as awesome and everyone HAS to tip me. Also I hold a personal vendetta against people who don't.
    Lightning Fast

I got on my mage and gave free ports

screw jerks
    Hi Sephurik

The thing is though, the main need for the portals for people questing there was to have access to the capitals to go to their class trainers. Essentially they just cut out a lot of tedious footwork for people questing 60-70 and 70-80. 80+ won't have any need to be in Dalaran that much anymore regardless. Hell since my 80s T10 sets are full and there is no AH there, I wonder in general why I still hang around in there.

I ranted about the pointless travel in BC and WOTLK elsewhere before. Every level or two making another tedious trip to reach your class trainer. And in Northrend if you didn't have access to Dalaran yet through the Dragonblight quests it was even worse having to airship your way back and forth, get a flight point to as close as you could to where you left off, and resume. If anything this was the main reason for portals for people who weren't level capped so logistically it probably will make a difference in efficiency when I am leveling 60-80 again with other toons. Class trainers in Dalaran and Shattrath should have been something they implemented LONG AGO...and it's definitely overdue now. Plus once the new Azeroth zones open they figure everybody should be back to hanging around the faction capitals anyway. It's aggravating....for about two weeks....and pointless whining past that point.

Why yes, that's exactly why they removed the portals.

Really simple solution: don't pay to use a mage portal. Fly to Valiance keep, take the boat to SW, set HS there, no problems.

P.S there are still three other ways to get to Dalaran without using a hearthstone.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

I made about 400 gold for just being a dwarf rogue these past 2 days, funny thing is i didnt even ask people for gold! Nerf dwarves!

Deleted
    This is the reason that they removed the portals. No other reason.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noetical View Post
    This is the reason that they removed the portals. No other reason.
    Yep. Clearly.