PvP after 4.0.3a

60k HK's.... Battlemaster... Full Wrathful... and i run into a DK today in Silverpine with 23k hp and it takes me 45 seconds to kill him cause my crits aren't breaking 6k.... OMG NERF... Was just looking to see what i can get in response from players who have played around with Fury and Prot since patch to see if either is as bad as Arms right now for pvp before i try them out myself.

Thanks in Advance

(Not braging, Just trying to avoid all the posts raging about skill... Arms is horrible right now, end of debate. Kthx)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    That indeed sucks, I must say after just lvling and gearing my warrior I'm going back to my mage.
    Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
    Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB - Gigabyte GTX680 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

Your clearly not doing it right then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
    60k HK's.... Battlemaster... Full Wrathful... and i run into a DK today in Silverpine with 23k hp and it takes me 45 seconds to kill him cause my crits aren't breaking 6k.... OMG NERF... Was just looking to see what i can get in response from players who have played around with Fury and Prot since patch to see if either is as bad as Arms right now for pvp before i try them out myself.

Thanks in Advance

(Not braging, Just trying to avoid all the posts raging about skill... Arms is horrible right now, end of debate. Kthx)
    Collosus Smash, end of debate. Kthx

i was afraid this would happen. =/

As wotlk is nearing its end, pretty much the only thing worth doing atm, for me atleast, are BGs and pvp in general. from patch 4.0.1 to present it has been ok, not OP and not terribly underpowered either. But when i saw the nerf patch notes i knew imidiately that for the remaining 2 weeks, i will not be touching the warrior. I know that the nerfbat was needed due to inclusion of colosus smash, but still i dont consider it to be fine by any standards to piss on all over warriors for the remaining 2 weeks on account that they are balancing it for 85. Why couldnt they have given warriors colosus smash at 80 then? why couldnt they have included these nerfs at cata release instead of now. Geez, my overpowers are criting for 2.5k - 3k vs resi stacking, anything really. Apparently that is too much. while at the same time the instant cast no CD ice lance crits my face for 10k (i'm at 1015resi)

This is all very aggrevating.

</rant>

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post

As wotlk is nearing its end, pretty much the only thing worth doing atm, for me atleast, are BGs and pvp in general. from patch 4.0.1 to present it has been ok, not OP and not terribly underpowered either. But when i saw the nerf patch notes i knew imidiately that for the remaining 2 weeks, i will not be touching the warrior. I know that the nerfbat was needed due to inclusion of colosus smash, but still i dont consider it to be fine by any standards to piss on all over warriors for the remaining 2 weeks on account that they are balancing it for 85. Why couldnt they have given warriors colosus smash at 80 then? why couldnt they have included these nerfs at cata release instead of now. Geez, my overpowers are criting for 2.5k - 3k vs resi stacking, anything really. Apparently that is too much. while at the same time the instant cast no CD ice lance crits my face for 10k (i'm at 1015resi)

</rant>
    Amen...

Very well put. Colossus smash + we were buffed hard for a while = needed nerf. I have been just pvp'ing to pass the time and I was disappointed that they didn't bring ice lance down a bit, feral, boomkin, or shadow priests. Now I am just wondering whether losing 60 strength is worth 2% arms mastery + 3% crits

Edit: Nvm I almost realized too late that purple gems count for red/blue (duh on my part). That means no 3% to crit damage until Blizz comes through on the promise to fix it. Slam is hitting hard compared to heroic strike now, but I want to try the haste meta + 3.38 mastery along with 3/3 incite instead of blood craze first.
    Last edited by zeroto; 2010-11-25 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post

</rant>
    This!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desde View Post
    This!
    this^^

although, WITH "collossus smash" its not better either <.< ... looking forward to 14% hit and about 13% krit ---> that will be fun, last place in dps ...

with all those 17% buffs it was ok at 85 ... now, i guess we will find ourselfs at the end of the line ..

i really hope for gw2 to come soon

mmmmm very funny cant go over 5k dps on 3mobs pack in a fucking 5man HC spamming as fury haha only with CDs DDD rofl this is just hahahaha

and BTW (on beta now) it sucks just as hard tank is doing more dps in random 85 HC so hf

10+ Year Old Account
    I was PvPing with around 960 resil after 4.0.3a hit and a boomkin crit me for 23k. Please explain to me why this is possible. (Serious request).

Quote Originally Posted by yorker View Post
    I was PvPing with around 960 resil after 4.0.3a hit and a boomkin crit me for 23k. Please explain to me why this is possible. (Serious request).
    Arcane POWA !!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadux View Post
    Collosus Smash, end of debate. Kthx
    thats 50% more dmg for 6 seconds (aka 3 attacks on average) once every 20 seconds on that one target IF it is plate or shamanheal with shield.
    its 20% more damage on cloth.
    Not like thats going to be alot for fury, maybe for arms as it may proc if we are lucky.
    if dodged or parried you dont get that buff. also 23k life should still be gone under 45seconds with that kind of gear.

I can imagine that we do damage again in cata but the moment people start CCing us when CS is out we will be wet noodles sticking to the plate as soon as we are dry (aka CDs debuff on the target)

Quote Originally Posted by Decan View Post
    That indeed sucks, I must say after just lvling and gearing my warrior I'm going back to my mage.
    have you ever thought that maybe you are just terrible at pvp?

wah wah wah i cant kill every class by pressing one button omg plz buff me

warriors are fine, you are bad

10+ Year Old Account
    You're doing it very wrong. Recklessness + DC will still fuck anything up in a stun lock TD => Intercept MS HS, rend, MS OP+HS fucker should be cooked.

45 seconds eh? 23k HP. Thats about on average of 511 DPS I can do that much punching a DK to death. I highly doubt you were fighting a shitty geared DK like that for 45s. Probably 10 or 15 if he popped HC and all defensives. You're probably used to the OPness of 10-15k crits pre-patch, get over it, Csmash is going to break everything from demo locks to holy pallys.

HK's and Battlemaster don't mean shit btw I've outhealed holy pallys with 'of the alliance' on my warrior pre-4.0 ofc they're known achievement-whores with about 10k pts. And full wrathful is a joke did you roll with a TSG or a pro dispel cleave? I can make circles around warriors w/ shoulders and they can't even take me down 1k HP. Its all about the T2 weapon.

Prot and Fury are a joke and always have been in PvP. Fury especially all it had running for it was bursting someone down in a RB+HS w/ DW and Reck in the intercept stun. Prot's damage went down the shitter with the constant nerfs to SS and the removal of Arpen on gear it only has control running for it, which is what prot should be based around.

I can still top damage in BGs and kill healers and frostmages(just can't catch a fleeing one), although I'm a bit behind DK's with HB critting everything for 10-18k in a group. Gotta love watching DKs run up and dealing 250k damage in 1 fight first 5 minutes of the BG.

Quote Originally Posted by Spondoo View Post
    You're doing it very wrong. Recklessness + DC will still fuck anything up in a stun lock TD => Intercept MS HS, rend, MS OP+HS fucker should be cooked.

45 seconds eh? 23k HP. Thats about on average of 511 DPS I can do that much punching a DK to death. I highly doubt you were fighting a shitty geared DK like that for 45s. Probably 10 or 15 if he popped HC and all defensives. You're probably used to the OPness of 10-15k crits pre-patch, get over it, Csmash is going to break everything from demo locks to holy pallys.

HK's and Battlemaster don't mean shit btw I've outhealed holy pallys with 'of the alliance' on my warrior pre-4.0 ofc they're known achievement-whores with about 10k pts. And full wrathful is a joke did you roll with a TSG or a pro dispel cleave? I can make circles around warriors w/ shoulders and they can't even take me down 1k HP. Its all about the T2 weapon.

Prot and Fury are a joke and always have been in PvP. Fury especially all it had running for it was bursting someone down in a RB+HS w/ DW and Reck in the intercept stun. Prot's damage went down the shitter with the constant nerfs to SS and the removal of Arpen on gear it only has control running for it, which is what prot should be based around.

I can still top damage in BGs and kill healers and frostmages(just can't catch a fleeing one), although I'm a bit behind DK's with HB critting everything for 10-18k in a group. Gotta love watching DKs run up and dealing 250k damage in 1 fight first 5 minutes of the BG.
    ^ This pretty much sums it up tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, everyones just got their level 85 crap, nothing is balanced at level 80, because everything we've been given is for Cata not WotLK.

I've been running round in BG's with 1465 resli yet I still get 2 shot, I don't whine though, since if I manage to get hold of them they are going to die anyway. It's the pre-cata patch it's pointless whining about something that in 2 weeks will be fine.

I've been on beta and warriors have gone from overpowered to nicely average again, if not a bit over average.

And like a person further up said, anyone can get lots of HK's and Battlemaster it's not an achievement to do BG's all the time, the real skilled PvP comes from arena (Except S8 :P), in Bg's every scrub and their brother is in there so it's not hard to jack up HK's. And full wrathful? You could of got it all after the season ended, so doesn't mean your pro either.

If you couldn't kill a 23k hp DK in the gear your claiming, then A) He must of been in similar gear and not of had 23k hp B) You have no idea what abilities to use anymore so failed in taking him down fast.
    Last edited by Smellyead; 2010-11-26 at 11:11 AM.

23k hp is indeed very low but there is always RNG, OP might have been parried too much with IB up which is a pretty frustrating problem.
    I am definitely okay with the nerfs(not because we were too overpowered but because cataclysm is coming soon) but I just can't understand why balancing damage for level85 when we have 2 weeks of level80 still? I really only wonder that.

this just in, warriors suck 1v1 and furthermore game is 'balanced' around 1v1

nothing to see here folks.

btw, 60,000 hk's FULL WRATHFULL and a crappy title has nothing to do with class balance.

+ it was probably a blood DK ... just disarm them and go to town ... JK parried

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    thats 50% more dmg for 6 seconds (aka 3 attacks on average) once every 20 seconds on that one target IF it is plate or shamanheal with shield.
    its 20% more damage on cloth.
    -->
    Sudden Death Rank 2
    Your melee hits have a 6% chance of resetting the cooldown on your Colossus Smash, and you keep 10 rage after using Execute.