[Destro] New haste threshold value for 4.03a.

Currently still sitting on 1406 haste atm..

IIRC to hit the next tick for Immolate after 1406, is 2030 haste rating with 5% spell haste buff.

Assuming ISF's buff is cumulative and not multiplicative, 15% spell haste = 491 haste rating (rounded down from 491.8)

2030 - 491 = 1539

So I guess the new haste threshold to get the next tick of Immolate would be at 1539, counting the presence of a cumulative 15% buff from ISF and a 1.05 multiplier from spell haste buffs?

Correct me if i'm wrong. Positive comments would be appreciated.

EDITED:

Okay I just ran tests with an elemental shaman mate of mine who provided me with the 5% spell haste buff.

I can confirm the fact now that ISF is multiplicative.

At 1406 haste rating, with 5% spell haste buff and ISF, i was already getting 9 ticks of Immolate.

With the theory of ISF being multiplicative and the fact that 70% total spell haste is needed for the 9th Immolate tick,

Haste rating needed = 1.7 / 1.15 / 1.05 = 1.4079 (40.79%)
    40.79% = 40.79 x 32.789 = 1337.46 (rounded to 1338 haste rating)

Tests on training dummies:
    With 1338 haste rating, I was still getting 9 ticks of Immolate.
    Removed an item with 27 haste and dropped to 1311 haste = only 8 ticks of Immolate.

Results:
    Intervals between Immolate ticks = (1/1.7)*3 = 1.765s
    Total Immolate duration = 1.765*9 = 15.88s
    Last edited by Hystify; 2010-11-24 at 08:42 PM.

I don't see what you are looking for in a response? You didn't ask a question.

Destro is pretty low at 85 though, barelly beating Demo. Both Affliction Spec are ahead.

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-s...mbers_80_85_a/

---------- Post added 2010-11-24 at 01:15 AM ----------

I suppose you are just talking about getting more tickets of Immolate because of Haste. The Haste is probably more important for casting more not just the extra ticks.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&cn=Brickslol
    Hopefully Glad Season 9!!! RLS WOO!!!

p.s. 2s and 5s take little to no skill, just good pve gear

Is the ISF buff on live ? I didn't see it in the patch notes, and I haven't played my lock yet today (raided on my DK earlier, gonna do some dailies on lock and dk here soon).

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Is the ISF buff on live ? I didn't see it in the patch notes, and I haven't played my lock yet today (raided on my DK earlier, gonna do some dailies on lock and dk here soon).
    Yes, the new ISF buff is on live servers since yesterday's patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brickslol View Post

Destro is pretty low at 85 though, barelly beating Demo. Both Affliction Spec are ahead.

---------- Post added 2010-11-24 at 01:15 AM ----------

I suppose you are just talking about getting more tickets of Immolate because of Haste. The Haste is probably more important for casting more not just the extra ticks.

Crap... I dont like Aff... I prefer Demos play style and was really enjoying it when Demo was a bit ahead...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I dont see this as relevant... To me, it looks like the OP is looking for feedback about level 80 rather than level 85.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Quote Originally Posted by Brickslol View Post
    Actually, he did ask a question but crossed it out in the last line;

"Correct me if i'm wrong. Positive comments would be appreciated."

I think he is asking for others to validate his findings.