Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lost credit for EVERY quest ever done in eastern kingdoms & kalimdor....

Hi all
    seems after the patch today I dropped over 100 Achievement points and lost credit for every single quest I have ever done in Eastern Kingdoms & Kalimdor, so i am thinking wtf, this can't be right. Has this happened to anyone else, if so what you going to? , any helpful feedback greatly appreciated. many thanks in advance
    Cheers and thanks

yes its right. you dont retain credit for quests that dont exist anymore, and they redid all the azeroth quests (cept a few) so you gotta start over.

Lost achievements for things turning into FoS or taken out of the game (like ZG)

Deleted
    mmm that sucks. I'm not sure if thats meant to be... but then again with a lot of raids and dungeons in bc that i did a gazillion times they never counted in my achievments when they started either.. so i dont know.

That's 100% correct, if you'd read the big blue post on the front page not even a day ago regarding the Loremaster achievement, you wouldn't have needed to make this topic. Any quests you had completed that they removed from the game NO LONGER COUNT TOWARDS LOREMASTER, if you've done quests that remained in the game after the shattering, then you retain credit.

Deleted
    Besides... it was announced over half a year ago. That's why I did it half a year ago :P

Deleted
    So.....if I've earned the Eastern Kingdom achievement like a year ago, it's gone now? =( 550-770 quests all over again = (?

Quote Originally Posted by 93sika View Post
    So.....if I've earned the Eastern Kingdom achievement like a year ago, it's gone now? =( 550-770 quests all over again = (?
    No. You keep the achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Demiano View Post
    This is absolutely and completely incorrect and the reason I registered just to say that. I am staring at the exact same quests I've done several times on my all my characters at the crossroads and I have no credit for them, in fact I have no credit for ANY quest at all in Kalimdor or EK. They wipes us and reset all our quests, we have no credit for any of the same quests that stayed. This is just wrong in my opinion, I dont mind doing new quests, but Im really angry I have to do the same old tired quests YET AGAIN. Why they did this is beyond me.

if you have done the achievement you get a FoS if u haven't yet completed it u fail read the notes and learn to do it before it gets patched out!

You were warned.

This is absolutely and completely incorrect and the reason I registered just to say that. I am staring at the exact same quests I've done several times on my all my characters at the crossroads and I have no credit for them, in fact I have no credit for ANY quest at all in Kalimdor or EK. They wipes us and reset all our quests, we have no credit for any of the same quests that stayed. This is just wrong in my opinion, I dont mind doing new quests, but Im really angry I have to do the same old tired quests YET AGAIN. Why they did this is beyond me.
    This isn't new news. They said they were going to do it. Should've finished it then you wouldn't have this problem.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I have loremaster already, Im just saying I dont want to redo old quests to get the new zone achievements, collecting zhevra hooves is something Ive done to death, why is there a "new" quest in the exact same spot to collect zhevra hooves that I dont have credit for?

Quote Originally Posted by Flitter View Post
    Besides... it was announced over half a year ago. That's why I did it half a year ago :P
    Just the same for me

allso you dont have to redo them. they are new/changed quest'

10+ Year Old Account
    I allready had loremaster, and had silithus and ghostlands finished when I logged on. The rest I need to redo, I dont care as these new zones have all new and awesome quests that I had planned to do anyway.

How are you going to complete quests that have already been completed, afaik if the quest hasn't been altered then you won't be handing it in again on the same toon. Also if you hadn't completed the Loremaster Achievement in the two odd years in which it's been possible I would suggest that you never will especially when motivated by it all being changed

Im guessing, just guessing. Even if the quest is there, it may have changed somehow, either given by a different person, or something different going on with the quest, lore or anything else. If this is the case, maybe it was counted as a brand new quest because its not exactly the SAME quest as it was before. Yes, sounds shitty, but they did warn people to finish the achievement and im guessing they wont be able to hand you the quests you think you may have done.

I completed Loremaster ages ago, for all zones (EK, Kalimdor, BC, WotLK). I know myself that Blizzard said some quests would be removed - But like the original poster i found that ALL quests have been wiped clean for EK and Kalimdor.

I had 2 quests show up as completed in Swamp of Sorrows, everything else - Vanished.

This by the way, did not happen on the beta. Infact about a week ago i checked some achievements on the beta and it said i was missing just a small handful of quests - So i went back on live and completed those quests. As soon as the patch goes live though, all quests - gone.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can attest to the resetting of quests. I attained Loremaster and the Seeker some time ago, so no worries about losing those achievements. However, while grabbing all the flight paths, I noticed quite a few exclamation points. After about two hours of checking them out, I noticed that most them I had already done. Some of which I did AFTER I got Loremaster in the past few weeks.

I am really hoping that it did not reset my Scepter of the Shifting Sands questline. If so, I may cry. However, I still have Ravencrest's Legacy and the scepter itself, so it wouldn't be too hard to prove that I did it.

Ya collecting zhevra hooves is the same quest, if they reworded it that is ridiculous. Its still the exact same quest hehe. I just think its bad that I'm going to have to redo old quests, I want to do new quests, I don't want to see ANY old quests again since I've done them already on this toon, they shouldn't even show up and I should have credit.

they said that you had to do loremaster before the patch because you would loose all the credit for the old quests UNLESS you already got the meta/3000 quest achievment
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

I was at 2800/3000 for the seeker.
    Now I'm at 1770. But whenever I complete a quest, the counter goes up to ~2800 again. So I'll be able to complete the seeker in a few days.

Is it the same for you?