Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best Alliance race for warrior?

hi there people my brother just changed factions cuz he wanted to stay with me and my friends and hes rolling warrior so my question is who do you think is the best race for pvp or pve? you know cuz their racials skills thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    For Alliance the racials suck, unless you like weapon skill racials. Based on base str and base stam the best goes Dwarf > Draenei > Human > Night Elf > Gnome. Worgen might end up top because of their racials. Other than that Dwarves not only look sick in warrior gear, but are the strongest hardiest race in the alliance according to lore.
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2010-11-24 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Grammar is fun

Deleted
    Go the race u enjoy looking at the most as that is what you have to look at the most when playing it.

Deleted
    The new Human starting area is the most fun of the lot from what I saw on the beta before it went down so I'd personally recommend Human if for no other reason. That on top of Every Man for Himself and +Reputation and it's a real winner.

Though, as others have said: just go with the race he likes the look/feel of the most, as it's going to be the option that he'll enjoy more.

If you're gonna make a tank, make it a dwarf. Stoneform is an amazing racial, acts like a 3rd trinket upon activation. In addition, dwarves have slightly more stamina than the other races. For pvp, choose a human or a gnome. Every man for himself is roxors boxors, escape artist is slightly less awesome, but still good.

Dwarf are "the best"

Doesnt matter much though
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Bolvar: Dammit! Kel'Thuzad, its happened again! I need you to go to get me more ice!
    Kel'Thuzad: But my master, the corner store is all the way in Kalimdor!

Deleted
    meh, every man has been nerfed, and now has a 3 minutes cd, compared to the trinket which is only 2 minutes

Personally I'd go for worgen or gnome, or dwarf if you're into tanking

But, as others have said choose the race you enoy looking the most

Go for the looks and make a awesome dwarf!

Human for lvling...cause well diplomacy is really op in terms of time spent lvling rep...saves hours if not days grinding in heroics. After that...NE for shadowmeld and dodge is awsome, and worgen sprint racial, 1 % crit is probably the best choice for pvp and pve. In movement fights a 15 second sprint on a 3 min cd is really...really good.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

10+ Year Old Account
    Which ever race he thinks looks best if he doesn't care about racials.

If he wants racials, then Worgen for DPS, the 1% crit is pretty nice for any DPS class.
    For tanking dwarf or Human.
    For PvP gnome, escape artist is probably one of the best PvP racials now, and your tiny so a pain to target.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberbia View Post
    hi there people my brother just changed factions cuz he wanted to stay with me and my friends and hes rolling warrior so my question is who do you think is the best race for pvp or pve? you know cuz their racials skills thanks in advance
    Eventually with the release of Cata, Worgens will become the best race in Alliance PvE. On PvP, Worgens will be quite decent because of the utility racial they have. But for the moment I consider the best race in Alliance for PvP the Humans since you already have Everyman for Himself and that saves you the need of a PvP trinket where you can put a dps trinket for more damage. Draenais may be a cool option, you get a 1% of hit rating that it's quite nice for PvE.

That's my opinion tho. Some people prefer the gnomes for PvP because of their tiny size and their Escape artist ability. On PvE-tanking I have to defer with Smellyead, Night Elves are the best race for tanking on Alliance side because they have a racial that reduces the chance to get hit by enemy ranged/melee attacks by 2%.

And remember, all races now have the same amount of base stats but Taurens that haves an increase on 5% base health and Gnomes with a 5% of increased mana pool.
    Last edited by sixx; 2010-11-24 at 08:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sixx View Post
    Night Elves are the best race for tanking on Alliance side because they have a racial that reduces the chance to get hit by enemy ranged/melee attacks by 2%.
    Ah yes, I forgot Night Elves have that for their racial, which puts them to be the best alliance race for tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Smellyead View Post
    Ah yes, I forgot Night Elves have that for their racial, which puts them to be the best alliance race for tanking.
    I have to agree! I really love the look of my NE Tank as well.

Deleted
    PvE tanking racials:
    1) nelf (avoidance)
    2) human (multiple weapon expertise, anti-incapacitate trinket)
    3) dwarf (weapon expertise, Stoneform)
    4) worgen (movement speed, threat by crit, resist)
    5) draenei (minor heal, resist)
    6) gnome (expertise, anti-snare).

PvE dps racials:
    1) worgen (crit, movement)
    2) draenei (hit)
    3) human (double expertise)
    4) dwarf (expertise)
    5) gnome (expertise)
    6) nelf.

PvP racials:
    1) gnome (low cd anti-snare)
    2) worgen (crit, movement speed)
    3) human (anti-incapacitate, expertise)
    4) dwarf (debuff removal, expertise)
    5) draenei (self-heal, hit)
    6) nelf (shadowmeld).

Totals (lowest is best):
    ------------------------
    nelf = 1+6+6 = 13
    human = 2+3+3 = 8
    dwarf = 3+4+4 = 11
    worgen = 4+1+2 = 7
    draenei = 5+2+5 = 12
    gnome = 6+5+1 = 12.

Winner: worgen.

Of course, depending on if you add in scores for looks, you may get a totally different figure! Let's try:

Looks: nelf > draenei > worgen > human > dwarf > gnome (if for no other reason you cannot see 'em!).

nelf = 13+1 = 14
    draenei = 12+2 = 14
    worgen = 7+3 = 10
    human = 8+4 = 12
    dwarf = 11+5 = 16
    gnome = 12+6=18

Winner: worgen (again!) with human 2nd, nelf and draenei sharing 3rd place.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-11-25 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Whoops mistake, haha!

My warrior was originally a Night Elf based on looks and Shadowmeld. I've always played a Night Elf because they were taller, could punt gnomes, and gear just looked really nice on them.

I then switched to Draenei because they are bigger than Night Elves, have 1% hit for free, an additional self-healing ability to tie with ER, and they have better jokes.

Draenei are awesome.

Deleted
    If you wanted looks only, I doubt you'd have asked here.. As for the best dps race, Worgen is the best, as it grants the most secondary stat (compared to human/draenei) + it has a nice movement ability which eliminates the use of speed enchants when added with the many movement utilities we get.. as for tanking, the NE racial allows you to use less mastery and more hit/exp/sta which is pure win for tanking..

Well I´m playing a gnome warrior, everything for the looks baby
    In my eyes the extra str blablabla don´t make you do 1k more dps (if you compare worgen vs for example a gnome) It´ll always be down to your own knowledge of the class and how you´re as a player. I´m starting to think this racial and other stuff people compare between the classes are just shit. It wont do a big difference, ofc it does some but not that much that it´s more or less forcing you to pick that class. Roll the race you enjoy.

/ Stjiv

Deleted
    A specific racial does not make u a better player, no, but it increases the damage potential you have. If two equally skilled / experienced / geared players, of two different races, and were to compete, the one with the best racials would win - in theory.. ofc there's some way from theory to reality and there's always factors like RNG, different strategies and your raid's performance overall.. If you wanna play casually, the race doesn't matter.. if you wanna do top 5 of your specc dps wise (without help) then race does matter..

Quote Originally Posted by Falk View Post
    A specific racial does not make u a better player, no, but it increases the damage potential you have. If two equally skilled / experienced / geared players, of two different races, and were to compete, the one with the best racials would win - in theory.. ofc there's some way from theory to reality and there's always factors like RNG, different strategies and your raid's performance overall.. If you wanna play casually, the race doesn't matter.. if you wanna do top 5 of your specc dps wise (without help) then race does matter..
    Yeah you´re right but we´re not talking about big numbers here. As I said there´ll ofc be a difference but it won´t be a major one and with that I mean for example 1k dps (:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Of course, depending on if you add in scores for looks, you may get a totally different figure! Let's try:

Looks: nelf > draenei > worgen > human > dwarf > gnome (if for no other reason you cannot see 'em!).

nelf = 13+1 = 14
    draenei = 12+2 = 14
    worgen = 7+3 = 10
    human = 8+4 = 12
    dwarf = 11+5 = 16
    gnome = 12+6=18

Winner: worgen (again!) with nelf and draenei tied in 2nd place.

Now thats real science at work!