Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Dungeons that were hard because of melee based damage (Cleaves, whirlwinds, adds, just hard hitting), are disproportionally harder. Spells from bosses are bugged so bosses like Gandling and Ras Frostwhisper are laughable because their spells are bugged (hitting for <5% health). Some of the harder bosses I've seen this patch: 3rd and 4th bosses of SFK. Dual wielding WC boss kinda hurts. All of DM north hurts. Strath/scholo melee bosses hurt. Yeah, pretty much just bugged spells.

They did get harder, and that is a good thing in my opinion, but I've only really had about 3 wipes, none of which were because of legit reasons (one was tank pulling 4 extra packs accidentally and not being able to hold aggro, etc) in levels 1-60. Bosses take a while, but they don't really have any hard mechanics and most don't hit hard at all. However, my experience may be different from others because I was healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm somewhat happy and somewhat not. Happy because this will make the game more interesting even while leveling. The bad thing is it will kinda slow that same leveling Well you can't have all I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice news if lover dungeons got harder..while lveled my 4 healers to 80 was rly boring for me like some1 earlier said we could go afk and still all peps were alive .. time to make new alts to experience difirence

Huh.

I'm leveling a dwarf shammy now, and pretty much leveling through dungeons...mostly healing, sometimes dpsing. Sometimes both at the same time, depending on what's going on, no matter my "marked" role. I've hit dungeons I've never experienced pre-shattering. I'm up to 37 or so, and Scholo has popped up as a dungeon I can enter, although I haven't gotten it yet as a random. But I've done everything before it.

These dungeons are not hard. I haven't wiped on any of them so far like I did in the 80-85 regulars in the Cata beta.

Are they truly more difficult than they used to be? Or is there a jump in difficulty somewhere after Scarlet Monastery? Or have I just had really solid groups somehow? Or were they even easier pre-patch?

Months (years?) ago: QQ DUNGEONS TOO EZMODE
    Now: QQ DUNGEONS TOO HARD

make up ur fkn mind, people. I really wish I had the opportunity to bitch slap almost every one of you. I personally have been excited that the bosses aren't faceroll at the required level. Go Go healthpool buff!!!

I healed SFK, Deadmines, WC and Blackfathom Deeps on my shadow priest alt. Those new boss mechanics got me by surprise (SFK 1st boss :O) but we didn't wipe. Tank died in Deadmines due to a large pull where he ran out of LOS, but we managed to save the day. Overall these low level instances are amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Idiocracy" becoming reality in the US, "Planet of the Apes" becoming a reality in Europe.

They're not any harder than they were. Yeah, they have higher stats and health, and yeah they hit harder, but so do you. My alts do more than twice--sometimes more than THREE times--the damage my first characters did back in vanilla at certain points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Ran a few dungeons, and while some dungeons seem like a faceroll, other seem like a giant cockblock.
    First i ran, RFD = easy
    Prince / Immortar part of DM = easy
    Ogre part of DM
    well the mobs gain a lot of hp, and pulling 2 packs allways meant wipe. In addition the pack at the guard fengus facerolled us, since the after pulling boss directly in the middle of the stairs, a pack to the right + left of stair agroed and came in raping. Was a lot easier 2nd attempt.
    Now the real trouble came when we got up to the captain. His adds popping out, destroyed my group, since we did not have 2 people to cc them (thank you random dungeon). After about 4 wipes someone got the suit and we passed him by. The king seemed a lot easier, but the idea that a boss was that hard, and actually required to have 2 proper cc'ers (hunter/mage preferably) made it a quite painful experience, especially combined with the influx of new players / leveling ones.

Makes lots more fun, put people leave dungeons faster, making me a sad hunter =(
    Long time reader first time poster but I know what you mean about DM North.

I've been leveling a paladin up mainly by sitting in the capitals and constantly running instances. The new buffed up instances has helped me train to be a tank and I love the new setup. In the groups we have had there has been no problems what so ever with anything upto Dire Maul North.

The captain is brutal. I was a lvl 44 tank in dungeon blues no heirlooms, with a lvl 46 resto shaman and it was nearly impossible to keep me alive, burning cooldown and using my self heal off holy power rather than the shield attack. It took us 5 attempts to down him, big thanks to those who stayed with it rather than emo quit calling everyone a noob but it felt great when he went down.

I for one love the new difficulty of the instances as they make it a little challenging, but it really does expose the players who have been carried through WotLK.

I look forward to ZF, BRD & BRS shortly and the new challenge, if anything it will allow me to hone my tanking skills and develope me to become a better player. I can't however stand those who moan at anything other than faceroll content and complain things aren't hard when dressing in heirlooms.

Out of interest because I've not checked myself and not noticed - have they removed the Luck of the Draw buff you get from random groups now or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a newb pug and do Shadowfang Keep and wipe/disband on the first boss because no one knows the mechanic. Its full of fun.
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

15+ Year Old Account
    they've not gotten harder in anyway haha, just takes abit longer to kill bosses due to buffed health, still walking through the instances like before.

It's definently harder and i love it.
    Suddenly a bad tank or healer is so easy to spot :P
    Although there's still quite a few bugs overall (Though mostly in the "new" dungeons). I specifically realy hate the Shadowfang keep 1st boss (Baron Ashbury) bug. His Ashpyxiate is supposed to bring you to 1 hp i think.. Yet it always kills druids

Wardley -> No Luck of the Draw is still present.

Deleted
    I've just started tanking for the first time ever, tried it around lvl 45 and I'm finding it pretty easy going. Problems only arise when people accidentally pull extra packs etc. But even then its fine, ran quite a few instances and haven't had a wipe yet.

Also I always thought the insta queue for tanks meant about a 2-3 min wait but it actually is instant, which is nice...

I went into Deadmines to check that out, yeah....... The mechanics in that dungeon are insane for level 15-20ish players, but it might teach them standing in shit on the ground is bad.

80 Paladin, 80 Rogue, 80 Priest, 80 Death Knight, 72 Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    More difficulty is more fun.
    I vote this

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

RAF XP Bonus + New Dungeons equal win. I have had no issues with the new dungeons but I have also played since Vanilla and remember how stupidly long it took to clear UBRS before it was a 5 man. So it is a nice change and with Recruit a Friend, my roommate and I never get the same dungeon twice now unless its like BRD or UBRS. But other then those two with the bonus to XP we get 2-3 maybe 4 levels per run and then when we re-queue up we are in a whole new dungeon group. Pretty nice. Also its great they are bringing life to these old dungeons.

I dont think it is hard nor even harder. Its really how it should be. We just finished Paladin's and I was the tank and my room mate was the DPS. We got Living Strat and I was 2 levels above the mobs in there and our healer left from the get go. I kept pulling and we worked our way to the first boss till we finally got a healer in. And I healed myself fine with Word of Glory and no problems. So either Paladins are OP or some of you are just too used to wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think it's fun to see the tanks thinking again instead of just charging in :-)
    As both a healer and a DPS.

I have done every instance (3a) RFC through UBRS. I absolutely LOVE the changes. Yes, I have been in groups that have wiped. Big deal, the corpse runs and repair costs are a joke. I haven't had this much fun since vanilla. I have rolled an army of alts since this patch just to run these "new" instances.

Deleted
    please scrubs learn the game and beccome good players don't QQ on forums it's to hard and ask for nerfed instance anymore
    This... is just not needed.

But yes, the new instances are -awesome- in my opinion, bosses feel like bosses, and they're alot more fun. And it is kind of funny seeing people go "PULL LOADS" and dying in two seconds. if it causes some people to quit so be it. I try and be patient with people but when they're clearly just not listening or understanding that this a game played with multiple people, they're just not worth bothering with.

Edit: OH and corpse runs arnt all that bad if you're still learning the new bosses, the graveyards are right near the intance portals and theres usually an NPC or something that teleports you through it. oh and thats not "making things easier" thats just convienience(sp?).