Crazy Critter at War area in Mulgore?

Ok I have no idea where to ask this and google failed me, so Im posting this here.

So new patch and I made a new Taruen Pally. Was finishing out the zone and NW of ThunderBluff there is a little mountain path called Stonetalon Pass. At the top there is this large clearing with all these critters. No big deal but randomly one of the critters grows Large and get a weapon and starts killing the other critters!!! The prairie dogs get spiked helm and a dagger, the bunnies get a Axe and the mice get a skull helmet and dual weild pistols!!! This was just freaky! What is going on and why?! I could not find any quest related to it and could find nothing on google. I took a SS and and uploaded it.

Does anyone know what is going on in this area?!?!

edit: wow, so I am not able to post url, images or anyway to show you my screenshots..
    Last edited by alexandro98; 2010-11-24 at 07:05 AM. Reason: adding screenshot

10+ Year Old Account
    This picture sums the area up quite nicely.

The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by alexandro98 View Post
    Ok I have no idea where to ask this and google failed me, so Im posting this here.

So new patch and I made a new Taruen Pally. Was finishing out the zone and NW of ThunderBluff there is a little mountain path called Stonetalon Pass. At the top there is this large clearing with all these critters. No big deal but randomly one of the critters grows Large and get a weapon and starts killing the other critters!!! The prairie dogs get spiked helm and a dagger, the bunnies get a Axe and the mice get a skull helmet and dual weild pistols!!! This was just freaky! What is going on and why?! I could not find any quest related to it and could find nothing on google. I took a SS and and uploaded it.

Does anyone know what is going on in this area?!?!
    Screenshots (post links without http://www or whatever it needs to allow them) please. Or even a video.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    This picture sums the area up quite nicely.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4478672_n.jpg
    okay NOW I want a video.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    No idea. I saw a little clip (of Jessy?) some time ago mentioning this though.
    I found another clip of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyCLJg4_jes

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say blizz but them in for the fun of it (easter egg :P)
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

10+ Year Old Account
    In reply, if you can stand Jesse Cox:

The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Deleted
    Its the training grounds of a new army for the gnomes there planning to take over the WORLD!! of warcraft... I told ya they were evil!!

I do believe Jessie Cox made a video about this... and here it is Funny

Abstieg mine is better :P

The mice with skull helmets and dual wield pistols is the most disturbing tho

Too cool! i want to find one now!

10+ Year Old Account
    i54.tinypic.com/28wl5xy(dot)jpg < Dual-Wielding mouse
    i55.tinypic.com/wmb5ns(dot)jpg < Couple of knife fighting prairie dogs
    i51.tinypic.com/2iuckf9(dot)jpg < Rabbit with a hatchet

Yea, it's something else lol. Made a tauren and did some corpse runs just to make it there.

Edit: Just an interesting note, if you pull aggro they will attack you, and if you're low leveled enough, they can kill you. You just have to use something like Faerie Fire or Growl.
    Last edited by Jeffyjimbob; 2010-11-24 at 09:37 AM.

I wish I could set my hearth here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Critter Armageddon.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

I stumbled across that area on my new pally last night as well actually. Freaked the crap outta me, probally just something a couple designers did for fun when they were bored and it got kept in lol.

Monty Python's Holy grail reference maybe? That rabbit didnt have no Rambo knife though, so i dunno.

Cataclysm's even made the critters go to war.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Could maybe, just maybe also be a reference to the Christmas Critters from South Park. Though they do not resemble them much.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

ok dont mean to necro this or anything but i found this just a little while ago and summoned a bunch of my friends to show them, and as soon as they showed up, all the large critters turned back normal. so we all flew away except one and then they got big again and armed themselves. so we took turns proving i wasnt crazy lol. cool little easter egg

You didn't hear? Critters are tired of being killed for Critter Kill Squad and are taking a stand.