Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    These threads are really getting old. Blizzard loves the 'badge system' and will continue to use it because its benefits outweigh the negatives by far. In fact there aren't really any negatives to it that don't involve completely biased opinions of people who want to stand out more in a video game.

---------- Post added 2010-11-27 at 11:56 AM ----------

You're right, the true hard core players don't care. In fact it was hard core players who wanted a system like this so they didn't have to go back and do old content and could recruit players who were already fully geared for the content they're doing without having to steal them from other guilds. They don't give a shit about the gear outside of the gear requirement for doing a raid, because gear to them is a means to an end, not some blind trophy like most people who make these threads think it is.
    3 great minds think alike

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodVengeance View Post
    Oh noes somebody else has a shiny purple in a video game what shall i do?! my life is over because everyone else has the same stuff as me! *end sarcasm*

Will accept ban cause im tired of this bullshit, i played to T3 in vanilla on my warrior and i do not give a shit about my gear, i care about my guild and raiding and having fun.
    its just a video game, like seriously, instead of caring about other people, care about yourself and having fun. and if having fun is having something better than someone in a video game, then i feel very very sorry for you. just shut the fuck up about being hardcore cause most of the "hardcore" Community hasn't been around since vanilla, Vanilla wasnt hard, BC Wasnt hard, Wotlk wasnt hard, if you honestly care so much about content being hard or such, go play everquest, the top guilds on there still haven't killed some bosses. or warhammer, a GM had to help players to kill one of the best bosses on there. none of you will ever be this supposed "hardcore" so dont even start with that bullshit anymore. you all need to honestly shut the fuck up and enjoy the game, enough said. that is all. fuck you all noobs
    Lol. Thank you for, uh, 'contributing' to the thread. Feel free to stop by any time.
    Cheers.
    If you say the game is too easy, try the hard-modes.
    If you say that every casual in the game has end-game lvl gear, try the hard-modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor79 View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion the truly "hardcore" aren't the ones posting, bemoaning that everyone else is getting free epics. In fact, I can't remember ever seeing anything of that sort on Ensidia, Paragon, or Method's websites or forums (initiated by that guild's players). The truly hardcore are running around in full 277 (not obtainable from farming ilvl 200 heroics). Why would they care what everyone else is wearing?
    ladys and gentlemen...we have a winner
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

I don't care at the fact that gear is easier to come by. I care about how sloppy the player base has become because of it.

Tier should ONLY be available through raiding. Badges/Jp/VP should provide offset and tier alternatives. so no set bonuses.

Tier marks you as a raider. If you dont raid then you dont need the tier. if you want to raid but havent had the chance, deck yourself in badge gear, then go raiding. Solves the new people/returning/alts problem as they have viable gear options from JP and so can step right into the latest tier of content, whilst also distinguishing who raids and who doesnt.
    Realm First Grand Master Enchanter

My solution to the tiered raiding problem would be to remove raid level badge gear but to make the bosses in all non-current tiers drop their full loot table every time they are killed. This allows alts and re rolls who know the fights to get fully geared quickly and jump right into the content they want to be at. It would also makes it extremely easy for new players to catch up. Raiding through older tiers would become entirely about learning the fights and downing them with no emphasis on farming gear. I have absolutely no problem with casuals and new players in the highest quality gear but I don't like how new players are forced to skip so much content (I have talked to many people who started raiding after ToC who wish they could have done Uld at the appropriate gear level.) I think it is really the new players who lose in the WotLK system. They miss out on the majority of content and are forced into the most recent content with a bunch of people with little tolerance for new players. Hardcores could care less about the issue, they have their own secluded groups and clear things well before they become "obsolete" so the removal of the sense of tiered progression really has no impact on them since they are always on the most current tier anyways. I think getting new players and casuals to learn the older fights and experience the sense of progression that goes with moving up the tier ladder would be beneficial and fun for those players and would ultimately give them more content total which is never a bad thing in any game, but it should definitely be made pretty easy for them to catch up. Blizzard could also make all raids that aren't the most recent tier available through the cross-server dungeon finder to make grouping for older content easier for those who want to do it or need gear from it and to allow people to catch up on their own schedules.
    Last edited by Lore Lord; 2010-12-04 at 07:31 AM.

Deleted
    Tiered system has it's benefits and badge system has it's benefits. I personally would make a compromise.

People can buy tier 10 now with badges. Currently it should be so that people can buy 1-2 tier 10 level items (set or non-set), 5-6 tier 9 level items (set or non-set) and rest tier 8 level items. Encourages people to expirience ATLEAST SOME content. I mean, back in tbc people actually did some of the lower tier raids even when WotLK was coming. Now no-one does Naxxramas or Ulduar except for weeklies or achievements. Especially with every raid being potentially 10 man it should not be that hard to get a group of 10 for a non-highest tier raid if there just was a proper point in doing those raids at all.

I am not really angry that people can get the gear that people worked hugely after for next to free, but I'm angry that no-one wants to do older raids anymore with even alts due to that. Alt Karazhan was fun as the instance was just awesome.