Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepyshfan View Post
    Translation:

Q QQQQ dudu QQQQ QQQ nerfQQ BlizzQQ QQQ QQQ QQQQ QQQQ QQ QQ QQ QQQ OP QQQ QQ QQQ
    QQQQ QQQ loot QQQ QQQ QQQ QQ QQ QQQ.QQQQQQQ QQ QQQQ QQ 4 QQ QQ QQQQ QQQQ QQQ
    QQQ QQQ QQQ bare QQQQQ QQQ QQQ QQ imbaQQQ QQQ QQQQ QQQ QQQ QQQ lame QQQ QQQQQ
    QQQQ QQQ OPQQQ QQQQ QQQQ QQQQ QQQQ QQQ QQQQ QQQ vanillaQQ QQQ QQQ QQQ QQQQQQ
    locks opQQ QQ QQQQ QQ QQQQ QQQ QQQ QQQQQQ QQ QQQQ QQQ QQQ QQQQ QQQ QQ QQ Q QQQ
    oh shit QQ QQQQQQQQQQQ
    SRSLY QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ.
    jajajajajajajajajajajajaja
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    We have no aoe tanking ability anymore. My roommate is leveling a new lock and I tanked his Nexus run for the quests and a level 69 mage pulled off my at least a dozen times and he wasn't even going nuts, just throwing a blizzard a few seconds after a pull. Gee, thanks.
    That's the mage's fault, if you are crying about AoE tanking you should probably re-roll to a mage so you can top charts on loltrash with 1 button seeing as that's what you care about.

not trying to be mean but i think this is more of a post for the druid section of the forums, and your likely to get alot more useful feed back there than addressing the general population here; who really don't care if your druid lost some hp, where as the other druids have the same concerns and will be likely to offer info rather then flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    Isn't that another way of saying poop. Like poo-poo, etc.
    That's what's irritating those who think it's an insult, yes. Also, that it could be an abbreviation for "dumb durid" (dumb for playing such a weak class - in Vanilla, of course)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepyshfan View Post
    Translation:

Q QQQQ dudu QQQQ QQQ nerfQQ BlizzQQ QQQ QQQ QQQQ QQQQ QQ QQ QQ QQQ OP QQQ QQ QQQ
    QQQQ QQQ loot QQQ QQQ QQQ QQ QQ QQQ.QQQQQQQ QQ QQQQ QQ 4 QQ QQ QQQQ QQQQ QQQ
    QQQ QQQ QQQ bare QQQQQ QQQ QQQ QQ imbaQQQ QQQ QQQQ QQQ QQQ QQQ lame QQQ QQQQQ
    QQQQ QQQ OPQQQ QQQQ QQQQ QQQQ QQQQ QQQ QQQQ QQQ vanillaQQ QQQ QQQ QQQ QQQQQQ
    locks opQQ QQ QQQQ QQ QQQQ QQQ QQQ QQQQQQ QQ QQQQ QQQ QQQ QQQQ QQQ QQ QQ Q QQQ
    oh shit QQ QQQQQQQQQQQ
    SRSLY QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ.
    haha good one sir

and sadly there is nothing else to say here

Ah reminds me of the times when we actually had to single target kill and or CC mobs. Not this run in and AOE everything down in 5 secs crap..........

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    While we're at this topic, might someone from the US share some insight to how this word came into existence? There has been some squabble on the EU forums whether this was originally a nickname or an insult.
    As I recall, it comes from "Dumb Druid". So yes, an insult.

Ok, read this post, and take it as example. This is the worst way you can post something.

This is the classical ''I need to whine, cause I need to whine'' post.
    You didn't even try to prove those balance fixes are wrong. You just say ''My numbers are lowers, it must be bad'', and don't even try to think if it was needed or not, if the other classes are balanced around those fixes.

Seems like you are saying, Blizzard hates druids, so they make them the worst class. This naturally it's something you should understand isn't possible. When you will understand that Blizzard doesn't love or hate any class, but just try to balance them out, then you can come back here and discuss it.

Of course, they can make mistakes, they did a lot of them, but here, in this post, nothing proves that they did.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    We have no aoe tanking ability anymore. My roommate is leveling a new lock and I tanked his Nexus run for the quests and a level 69 mage pulled off my at least a dozen times and he wasn't even going nuts, just throwing a blizzard a few seconds after a pull. Gee, thanks.
    Seriously, if you can't AoE tank, it's not a druid issue, but it's a personal issue. They made it harder for each classes, so you have to learn to do it now, in a different way, while before it was click 1 button and every mobs sticks on you. How was that even funny? Threat management was a joke in Wotlk, and now they are trying to fix it all the ''I want to use 1 button" guys have to whine. The tools for AoE tanking are there, you have to use them.
    Last edited by breath; 2010-11-24 at 03:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone stop to think that... right now, we're not geared even remotely correctly to take advantage of what we need in Cata? And that the Cata stat changes are mostly in place?

We're geared for WotLK. Reforging isn't going to fix that. Re-gemming isn't going to fix that. Chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by gringo View Post
    Bear HP was nerfed because it was getting out of control (read: OP) at 85.
    True, but in BETA after the nerf it was severely below the other tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by breath View Post

Seriously, if you can't AoE tank, it's not a druid issue, but it's a personal issue. They made it harder for each classes, so you have to learn to do it now, in a different way, while before it was click 1 button and every mobs sticks on you. How was that even funny? Threat management was a joke in Wotlk, and now they are trying to fix it all the ''I want to use 1 button" guys have to whine. The tools for AoE tanking are there, you have to use them.
    AOE tanking is exactly the same as before, only difference is that it's a lot weaker and on a cooldown (That swipe is on a six-second cooldown, doing less threat and damage at the moment than it did when it had no cooldown). Swipe was basically nerfed 33%. Getting level 81 and thrash will help though.

AOE threat is still a joke at 85 by the way, still as easy as before.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2010-11-24 at 03:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioik View Post
    im not going crazy here QQin like all i wanna do is play the game and raid which is hard to do when guild are puttin druid tanks on hold..lol
    Join a guild that's not full of fellow doomsaying idiots. This will be a challenge as it seems fitting in with a guild that can properly analyze a situation and base a rational decision off of it will prove near impossible with your "QQQ my tank got nerfed I'm useless" attitude. Roll with the punches and work with what you have.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by exdeo View Post
    As an example today i got jumped by a kitty and hunter and they killed my bear pre 4.0.1 that would have been impossible.
    Let me make sure I understand:

You were ambushed in a PvP situation, outnumbered 2 to 1 by dps spec/classes....and you weren't able to come out on top.

Do I really need to say anything more?

Seriously?

I was affraid of all the nerfs i heard about the damage output, so i did a heroic, and i had really no issues with dps being 264+ geared.
    Skill > nerfs
    just my 2cents
    (at least now all the little kids will go reroll paladin/dk tanks)
    This bro quit the game but still loves the game and will be back for MoP!

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    As I recall, it comes from "Dumb Druid". So yes, an insult.
    That's how I see it, too. Yet, some people insist that it was a common class abbreviation in Diablo 2 already, like "assa" or "baba"
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by exdeo View Post
    I agree druid tanks have been completely fucked by blizz to the point where we are no longer viable, and if you check leather drops for cata none of the gear is really aimed at bear tanks. I have been bear tanking for 4 years and have decided to retire my bear because of the nerfs, our survivability is pathetic now. As an example today i got jumped by a kitty and hunter and they killed my bear pre 4.0.1 that would have been impossible.
    There will be a comment i am sure about playing smarter, but if you have lost most of the tools to do it, thats impossible. A lot of locks are crying about losing 12% of their dmg try losing most of your survivability and most of your stam and our "oh shit" buttons are now a joke.
    Seriously the guys who are responsible for this deserve a good ass kicking, thanks for phasing bear tanks out the game.
    haha, golden comment.

Deleted
    People whining about AOE threat...

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=77758

Can you start looking further than your nose please <3

Firstly, I think it's a bit silly that you're using getting 2v1'd in PvP as an example of why Druids are not going to be able to tank in Cataclysm. Really not related in the slightest!

Secondly, if you can't hold AoE threat from a level 69 yes YOU are doing something very wrong as I have no issues holding threat on my level 70 druid even from level 71+ classes (mages included)

Third and Finally, balanced for level 85! It's been said before and it's true!

im not going crazy here QQin like all i wanna do is play the game and raid which is hard to do when guild are puttin druid tanks on hold..lol
    We all feel that way to some extent or another - it is a major expansion, and Blizzard is having to correct a lot of issues it created for itself during WotLK due to iLevel and stat bloat in addition to taking many aspects of our gameplay in new directions.

This is a time of near-constant flux, and I'd expect that it will continue at least for a few weeks into Cataclysm. If guilds are dropping L80 tanks who are running around with stats designed to balance at L85, then you should probably be looking for a better guild. (The same goes for healing and dps classes / builds.)

And if you don't like this type of flux (buff, nerf, over-buff, knee-jerk nerf, buff, nerf, redesign abilities / items without prior notice), then you may want to take a short break from the game, at least until Blizzard has had some time to see how the various classes fare at level 85.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any guild that isn't recruiting a specific class based on level 80 balance when about a week and a half from now we're leveling to 85 is probably shit and not worth raiding with. So are the players that are obsessed with level 80 balance.

Erm.... anyone who is QQing about the bear.... please learn to play.

I've got a druid bear, 2p10 and mostly icc10 gear. Yesterday, at arthas, I was doing 9k damage. I've got 63k buffed hp in bear form, and around 60% dodge buffed.

Yesterday, I saw the changes and I QQd for a bit, then I gave it a try, and I just really noticed the swipe nerf and the Leader of the pack health regen nerf. I went from regenning nearly 6k to about 2.5k which is quite a bit, but apart from that the bear is the best tank ingame @80 by far.

As you can see from the stats I put above, I've not got BIS gear, not even close to that, and I can hold aggro without a problem, I survive quite well... and that's all a tank needs.

As a matter of fact, we downed the lich king 10 man and I was 2nd in total damage output, and the paladin offtank with 4p10 and icc25 gear was only just above the healers.

More to the point: the bear is perfectly fine, and probably the best tank ingame right now. If you're being put aside for being a bear... it's not probably because of being a bear, but because of you playing it wrong.