Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Loremaster "revamp"

Hello!
    I don't know where would be the best place to post this, nor if anyone brought up already, but:
    When the first newsdrops arrived form cataclysm one year ago with the exciting Shattering in the plans, i was like: omg i HAVE to do Loremaster IN TIME, or omg will happen. So i did Loremaster in 1 month with the annoying travel from continent A to continent B then go to continent C to check its not like continent A. Long story short, when blizzard announced they wont touch Loremaster title i was calmed, i didnt really care. But today i logged on (european maitenance day) and i saw i have Loremaster but i dont have the "requirements" for it. I mean i have the global achieve but the individual zone achieves are unlocked. I have mixed feelings: i feel myself like i "cheated" my loremaster, secondly how could that be i have the complete achieve but blizzard haven't provided us the zone achieves by default?
    I mean i know fresh new contents with new quests are out there, but come on, i have to start the whole thing again from zero if i want those 10points/zones and get the achieves "legitimately" i ALREADY have?
    If someoen has loremaster knows we definetly did 30 quests in westfall or burning steppes or i dont care where, why should we do again them?

Deleted
    Because there different quests now.

If you already have it you worked hard for it and therefore it wasn't removed

The new zone specific achievents relate to the new cata quests so no you didnt cheat as you worked hard to find and complete the quests before hand.

I will be doing all the new quests over again untill cata officially hits and after im 85 ill come back and finish them off.

Because you CAN do it again for more achievement points. You didn't lose your loremaster - you just have the option to do all the NEW quests for each zone now.

QQ more cry baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

You already have the old achievment and title, you dont have to do it if you dont want to. Redoing all the new quests doesnt give you a different loremaster. Loremaster has been updated to include Cataclysm Loremaster ( as it should ) and if you feel cheated about the achievment, then just make sure you complete all of the Cata achieves and you should be fine. I was working on my loremaster, almost had Kalimdor finished then I load today and see only Sithilus is completed and the rest of the zones in all of old world are mostly 0/xx. Was I mad? Not really it just means I get to see all the old world changes and quests on my 80 which I dont mind at all
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

It's not like crying, i wanted Loremaster achieve, seeked out all little quests in the game, and if you want guess, yes i like do achieves but i don't like do double work. It's double work for me, as if i complete all new quest what will i get? some achievepoint for zones that i would get if it would separated from old loremaster, and Loremaster that i already have.
    I have absolutely no problem with cataclysm new quests, new achieves, i have problem with the mixed achieves where i have to work again, for nothing.
    If you take a look on the Loremaster achieve, it says you completed the individual zone quests. But you just didn't.
    Of course i _can_ complete till dec 7, maybe i will, but im playing the same game for third time on my main (1. leveling trough the zone, 2. loremaster, 3. loremaster #2) and this is really annoying and ridiculous.
    If blizzard says this at start, or in the meantime (not just the big silence and blabla as they used to) i wouldnt touch old loremaster at all. In cata: less quests (640 vs 700), less annoying trip between continents, good drop rate (goretusk liver pie, anyone?), plenty of flight masters.
    Cerus, you might read another post, my post's point was i _could_ do again, but i don't want to. I already DID it, for nothing. Still, uncompleted "easy" achieves are buggering me. Like this.
    It's like you have 284 weapon from LK hc but you don't have the achieve. Of course you can say: "fuck achieve, gief epikz" (this post is not for them btw), but all who did loremaster and logged on after patch know how i feel.

Deleted
    reading that comment honestly hurt

^this is a space

I did the original loremaster and im not at all upset at this change. The majority of the people who did loremaster probabley do like the games lore and will be happy to have tons of new quests to do.

Also, the whole world is changed, since you got your explorer title, AND you have all areas explored from BEFORE shattering... You could say too: the whole world changed, so you have to explore all area one more. Well. seems like not. BUT you HAVE to do same & some new quests again to get what you already had...

I also did Loremaster and am not upset.

psst, here's a secret you apparently don't know. You DON"T have to do any achievements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damson View Post
    reading that comment honestly hurt

^this is a space

I did the original loremaster and im not at all upset at this change. The majority of the people who did loremaster probabley do like the games lore and will be happy to have tons of new quests to do.
    This. Nothing left to add. Most people who go for Loremaster love the games lore, if you don't, stop crying.

I wish they would have made the old Loremaster a FoS but renamed both it and the title to something like 'Elder Loremaster'.

Deleted
    I also have the old Loremaster and im very happy with this change. This lets me redo all the new designed quests.

Why do I think like that? Because I did Loremaster because it was fun, not to get a couple of epeen points.
    I would be fine with making the old one a FoS too.

Your just asking to get 100+ free achievment points because you did Loremaster before. If you feel bad about it just look at the date you completed in and feel good about yourself. And when you feel like doing low-level content again... just go on ahead and do those quests and enjoy it (like you should with all parts of the game).

Your of course entitled to your own opinion. But dont say all who did loremaster feels as you do. Because we dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabyran View Post
    I also have the old Loremaster and im very happy with this change. This lets me redo all the new designed quests.
    Why do I think like that? Because I did Loremaster because it was fun, not to get a couple of epeen points.
    I would be fine with making the old one a FoS too.
    Your just asking to get 100+ free achievment points because you did Loremaster before. If you feel bad about it just look at the date you completed in and feel good about yourself. And when you feel like doing low-level content again... just go on ahead and do those quests and enjoy it (like you should with all parts of the game).
    Your of course entitled to your own opinion. But dont say all who did loremaster feels as you do. Because we dont.

I think you can see new quests simply by leveling an alt, what probably everyone will do anyways... And, have you checked the so called new quests? I have to admit i only completed westfall since our server came up, but most of the quests are the same. Also, no need to overmistificate loremaster, most of the quests are: kill this, bring that. There are some lore-related quests (-chain), but most of them are just: these *insert mob name here* are in our way, kill *insert a number here* of them. That's it. But tracking these in the old world, traveling there, overcome on the sometimes terrible drop rate ("Khadgar's Essays on Dimensional Convergence"), trip between continents with 1 fp in the zone... That was the work.
    I know blizzard use to nerf everything so we can call this a nerf, but i think nerf is something that you haven't done before, and easier to do after, not drop your whole job into the recycle bin and start again from sketchpad, because how fun it is!
    Im not asking 100 free achievement point, im asking a working solution, and for you information, check your achievement points, i, for example lost 130 achieve point... I was 35points away from 9000, now i have 8835.
    So, if i want 9k achieve i still !have to! do these, because i'm almost out of my possibilities to get the 9k anyways.
    And for the last: game says ive completed silithus (19) and bloodmyst isle (65) quests. I haven't stepped my feet on those places for a long time ago (1 year) so how can i have those, and miss the others if its not a bug?

Deleted
    Bloodmyst wasn't changed so you HAVE already done all them and Silithus (may be wrong can anyone confirm) was barely touched questwise so you probabley have done all of them.

As for westfall quests being the same I have no idea where you are coming from.

You did the old Loremaster and still have the title.
    The ones you're talking about are new quests, hence new lore for Cataclysm.
    You have not done these quests.
    Your point is moot.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I think you can see new quests simply by leveling an alt, what probably everyone will do anyways... And, have you checked the so called new quests? I have to admit i only completed westfall since our server came up, but most of the quests are the same. Also, no need to overmistificate loremaster, most of the quests are: kill this, bring that. There are some lore-related quests (-chain), but most of them are just: these *insert mob name here* are in our way, kill *insert a number here* of them. That's it. But tracking these in the old world, traveling there, overcome on the sometimes terrible drop rate ("Khadgar's Essays on Dimensional Convergence"), trip between continents with 1 fp in the zone... That was the work.
    I know blizzard use to nerf everything so we can call this a nerf, but i think nerf is something that you haven't done before, and easier to do after, not drop your whole job into the recycle bin and start again from sketchpad, because how fun it is!
    Im not asking 100 free achievement point, im asking a working solution, and for you information, check your achievement points, i, for example lost 130 achieve point... I was 35points away from 9000, now i have 8835.
    So, if i want 9k achieve i still !have to! do these, because i'm almost out of my possibilities to get the 9k anyways.
    And for the last: game says ive completed silithus (19) and bloodmyst isle (65) quests. I haven't stepped my feet on those places for a long time ago (1 year) so how can i have those, and miss the others if its not a bug?
    The loremaster achievement didn't cost you any achievement points, thats raid/dungeon stuff that went into a FOS.

Also, silitus/bloodmyst probably didn't have any changes in the quests, while other areas did.

I didn't quite grasp what the OP was saying, but Loremaster works like this:

1. If you had the complete achievevement, or parts of it (Kalimdor, EK, Outland, Northrend) before 4.0.3a, you will keep those achievements.
    2. If you didn't have the complete achievement before 4.0.3a, you will have to do a lot of new quests in Kal/EK if you didn't have their respective achievements yet, but it is easier to plan as they have sub-achievements per zone, so you don't have to search that very last quest somewhere in Kalimdor.
    • Also, you will have to wait for Cataclysm, as the changed Loremaster achievement now also requires a Cataclysm part, say quests in the new zones.

Example: if you lacked only some quests in Kalimdor to complete Loremaster, you will have to complete several sub-achievements for each Kalimdor zone, but even with that done, you need to level in Cataclysm to do the 80-85 quests to complete Loremaster.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I more annoyed they stole my Keymaster achivement! not evena feat of strength

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WatcherZero View Post
    I more annoyed they stole my Keymaster achivement! not evena feat of strength
    they did???? curse them

10+ Year Old Account
    As Alliance, I did Redridge mountains last night. Already had every single one done, but there were 43 "new" quests (started at King Wrynn). Being 80, super easy of course, but it was fun... I mean really fun. The new mechanics for quests, a cinematic event and even a tank they let you rack up a 200 body count.

I recommend everyone use the time between now and launch to go see the old zones this way, how they changed... and bang out the quests while you are there. Oh, did I mention it will give you rep towards alliance factions if you need them, then the ever elusive "alliance" rep, and then finally Gilneas... I finished at Friendly with the Worgen for just doing Redridge and had a 10pt achieve to boot. I imagine Horde is exactly the same.

Go BRAVO team! lol
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

Deleted
    oooo Gilneas rep....