Thread: Xp nerf?

Xp nerf?

After running many about 6-7 randoms post patch on my 64 mage i only gained one and abit levels. This seems abnormally low compared to pre-patch, im hearing people complain about the same thing in regards to bg experience... Known issue or?

10+ Year Old Account
    They did this intentionally because people were just spamming randoms and never look at the 'normal' quests again which is a bother but still Blizz decides seems like it :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Was only instance XP lowered or all XP gains? What about the damage nerfs pre-80? Does it take longer to kill things now?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Was only instance XP lowered or all XP gains? What about the damage nerfs pre-80? Does it take longer to kill things now?
    Seems like its just a nerf to random LFD and BG experience... I suppose they have their reasons (stop, or atleast discourage people from leveling purely in LFD and missing out on all their new content AND to stop 80s grinding dungeons to 85). Bit of a kick in the pants for people 58-80 that have done all the TBC/WotLK quests 100 times over.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sigh.. bad timing on my part. Levelled a prot pala quick as hell not long ago LFD spamming and recently began doing the same on a druid.. dinged 71 last night and decided to stop due to 20% xp nerf incoming planning to LFD spam my heart away and now they've changed that..

Bit of a kick in the pants for people 58-80 that have done all the TBC/WotLK quests 100 times over.
    And yeh, couldnt agree more. After doing the zones / quests on 6 chars 0-80 it was a relief to be able to dungeon spam and relax/enjoy doing all the old dungeon content - usually I would get all the quests for said dungeon before queing tho - plus before hand it was such a timesink trying to form groups while levelling but now its just making it far less appealing.

Nerf? There reducing the XP required for levels 71 to 80. Nothing was mention reguarding lower levels so i assume there staying the same, this isnt a nerf its a buff

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a buff for levels 1-70 too?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Unleashed01 View Post
    Nerf? There reducing the XP required for levels 71 to 80. Nothing was mention reguarding lower levels so i assume there staying the same, this isnt a nerf its a buff
    Have you tried leveling in dungeons/bgs since patch? There is most definately a nerf to how much xp you gain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unleashed01 View Post
    Please read the posts people make. They did nerf the XP you get in dungeons and it's not in the patchnotes. Total XP needed is lower, but XP from dungeons is lower too.

I have to say I hardly do dungeons between 70-80, because it always has been a lot slower then questing. From 60 to 70 was a breeze through dungeons, it's a shame this was changed too. Ah well, already done it on 10 chars, I can take it on 10 more :P

Deleted
    The typical Blizzard way. They'll make as many positive announcements as possible and then often stealth nerf, keep hidden negative things. What they give with one hand, you know they've taken with the other - you just haven't found it yet.

The main point of an MMO is the world. With everyone doing just dungeons and battlegrounds, that was somewhat lost. I don't mind this at all. Now finally maybe I will find some people to play whit and the opposite faction to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    The main point of an MMO is the world. With everyone doing just dungeons and battlegrounds, that was somewhat lost. I don't mind this at all. Now finally maybe I will find some people to play whit and the opposite faction to kill.
    Well I'm glad 1 person likes it against the thousands who don't like it.