Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why cant i race change?

Hey there!

According to realm status page all european realms should be online and working; my question is why cant i still race change my Tauren Druid in to a Troll. The race change page says " No races available"

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked before and or im just some how failing on this

Deleted
    BECAUSE its not available.
    You will be able to race change to the new race/class combos when cata is online.

Deleted
    Yeah, you cant race change until the 7th of december

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a problem with Dwarf shamans / Troll druids / Tauren Paladins.

We just have to wait and hope for Blizzard to fix it fast.

Deleted
    Sorry, but a player from my guild is now a lvl 80 tauren priest :/ so yeah, you are able to racechange

Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    WRONG. Seems like EU didn't get the toggle for the web browser part of a race change yet.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa Saurus View Post
    Yeah, you cant race change until the 7th of december
    You can do it as soon as they've fixed the race change pages, which should be some time today.

Deleted
    ah okay, Xaarn just answered why I can't change my pala into a tauren ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    You will be able to race change to the new race/class combos when cata is online.
    That is incorrect. There are plenty of 80 tauren paladins and 80 troll druids on my server. Logged in to see about four of each standing outside of Orgrimmar when the servers came up.

Best bet would be to call customer service today.

15+ Year Old Account
    To first two posters, I have seen a level 80 tauren paladin, so you're wrong.

Aye!

What is in 4.0.3a:
    Portals in Dalaran/Shattrath Removed
    Class trainers in Dalaran where portals once were
    New race-class combinations (excluding worgen/goblin)

stop talking out of your a**es Horseman, its been explicitly said that race changes will and should work. Thanks for the bost Xaarv, i thought that there must be some kind of bug going on.

Any ETA on the fix and has Blizz commented on it?

The patch specifically tells us that we CAN race-change (except to worgen/goblin), but if you are in the EU, you will have to wait another day, (Thursday) because they have not updated the battle.net servers yet with the watchamacallit-race-change-implementation-patchadoo, the US can race-change but we will have to wait to tomorrow.

If you do a bit of searching in the forums you will notice many other similar posts. And Horseman, do some research before posting. "BECAUSE its IS available" just not until tomorrow, or whenever they decide to hotfix it before that. (please hotfix it nao, needs troll druid plz)
    Last edited by Yaaru; 2010-11-24 at 01:02 PM.

Deleted
    How about race and faction changes? Will I be able to change my Mage from Human to Dwarf right whne it comes out? Or will we have to wait a certain period of time before the new race options become available?
    TC: They'll be able to do that right away. So for any of the combos that are available, we currently expect players to be able to do the race change into those as soon as The Shattering happens.

ok sorry.

But yesterday i read a blue post who said it wont be available until cataclysm.

Dont blame me, blame blizz -.-
    Last edited by mmoc51343e3f42; 2010-11-24 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    New race-class combination means that you can create a Tauren Paladin for example. It doen not mean that you can racechange.
    There was a blue post to this. but i do not find it.
    Probably because that post doesnt exist.
    Unless you insist that someone leveled a new tauren paladin to 80 in less than 3 hours?

I did a /who [insert all the new race/class combos] and saw a lvl 80 tauren Paladin, so race change is pissible... i just can't do it with my Druid =/

i wanna be a troll!

<- dwarf shaman, did the race change 2 hrs after servers went live. US server though

Quote Originally Posted by Toby John Kenobi View Post

i wanna be a troll!
    ^^This

looks like the problem is EU side..also why are people confused..blues confirmed that existing race/class combos are available but not worgen or goblin due to them being cata account only races so not until 7th. read things properly please.

Well they did say some 10-12 days ago that race changes (or even the new combos) were rescheduled to Cata instead of 4.0.3a, but they reverted that in the meantime.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

15+ Year Old Account
    After you do it from the webpage it does take about an hour to show up in your character login screen. So be patient. I did mine on the US servers last night.