Thread: Shatter Change?

Shatter Change?

# Shatter now only increases the chance for Molten Armor's damage to be a critical strike when the target is actually frozen, as intended.

I don't understand this, no I actually don't get it.

Deleted
    I don't get it too but i guess he meant, that molten armor now also benefits from shatter.
    Last edited by mmoc54377af1e5; 2010-11-24 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Evenlyn
    Molten Armor: Increases your critical strike chance by 3%
    Quote Originally Posted by Evenlyn
    Shatter(Rank 2): Multiplies the critical strike chance of all your spells against frozen targets by 3

So against Frozen Target's your Molten Armor will increases your critical strike chance by 9% or 6% if you have Rank 1 Shatter.
    Last edited by Evenlyn; 2010-11-24 at 02:25 PM.

I think you're all off.

It only mentions the damage caused by Molten Armor, ie if you take a melee hit: so you frost nova someone next to you, they smack you, and the crit chance of the MA blowback damage benefits from shatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    I think you're all off.

It only mentions the damage caused by Molten Armor, ie if you take a melee hit: so you frost nova someone next to you, they smack you, and the crit chance of the MA blowback damage benefits from shatter.
    I was thing about that... you are right !

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    I think you're all off.

Good job

how come it says Shatter now ONLY increases the chance for Molten Armor's damage to be a critical strike when the target is actually frozen, as intended. not also increases the chance for Molten Armor's damage to be a critical strike when the target is actually frozen.
    does this mean shatter wont multiply critical chance for other spells but only Molten Armor

Quote Originally Posted by prowessjen View Post
    how come it says Shatter now ONLY increases the chance for Molten Armor's damage to be a critical strike when the target is actually frozen, as intended. not also increases the chance for Molten Armor's damage to be a critical strike when the target is actually frozen.
    does this mean shatter wont multiply critical chance for other spells but only Molten Armor
    You're reading into it too much. There must have been a bug where the crit chance of MA blowback damage was affected by shatter when the target wasn't frozen (possibly from Fingers of Frost procs). The only change to it was correcting how/when it applied to MA damage, not rolling back its effect on other abilities.