15+ Year Old Account

Shadow post patch

I am curious what other shadow priests in the community have witnessed in their experience since yesterday.

I went out to do dailies this morning and I have been doing them as shadow (I'm a healing main priest), and have been doing so before and after 4.0.3. I have noticed some dropoffs in many of my damage abilities, most notably in Mind Blast.

Before the patch, my Mind Blast (with 3 Shadow Orbs active) was critting only self-buffed for over 16k. Since the patch it is down to over 10k. I have also noticed that the front end damage of DP has increased slightly, but my overall DoT crits seem to be a little bit smaller than before.

The only change to my character's gear is that my meta, at the time, was not active (as it was Chaotic Skyflare, and I just kinda said eh to regemming to match it's new requirements so close to expansion release). Even still, a 6k loss of damage from a crit does not match a 3% normal increase.

So, is there something perhaps I am overlooking, or did our numbers get toned down a bit since this new patch? Any information would be appreciated, thank you.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Shadow Orbs have been redesigned. 3 orbs = 30% more MB dmg + 10% more DoT dmg now instead of 100% more MB dmg.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaaaaah, that would explain most of the drop off. Thank you, I had actually forgotten about the mastery redesign.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

It seems like there is a bug with SWD right now. Yesterday I killed myself twice form full health in voa and TOC (beasts boss) by hitting SWD twice in a row. My gear is far from the best as my SWD only crits for 19k, and I have all of the normal shadow talents so I'm not sure why it would kill me. Anyone else having this issue?

Charecter is Beanflicker on Thunderhorn.