Thread: Invis Bug?

Invis Bug?

In ICC last night we were on Saurfang, and normally when we BL I blow all my cooldowns and then I would cast Invis to not have threat when the Mirror Images went down. Pre-4.0 I used to be able to do this. After 4.0 if I were to Invis with the MI up I wouldn't lose any threat. Last night I waited till Saurfang charged at me for like a second and popped Invis. Then when I removed the invis aura after like 3 seconds I still had all the threat I had from before.

So I ask, did I just miss the part where it no longer erases threat, or is it some bug?

Anyone else having any issues with invis?

Mirror Images dampen the threat, which means as long as they're up you are safe but as soon as they are gone you should watch out. What you could do pre 4.0 was a bug. I'm guessing it works as intended now. So to solve your trouble, just use invis after the images are gone.
    IMHO it's stupid to use invis while images are up since u lose valuable time not dpsing while your best boost is up

Quote Originally Posted by Asajj View Post
    What you could do pre 4.0 was a bug. I'm guessing it works as intended now. So to solve your trouble, just use invis after the images are gone.
    How so? Mirrors effectively make your current threat neutral for their duration. If your threat is above the tank, you're temporarily safe. If you invis during this safe period, your threat is now at 0, so your images should be making your 0 threat (or extremely low threat if you start dps'ing again) neutral, then return the burden of the 0 or very low threat to you when they dissipate. It's hard for me to swallow that it is intended that when your mirrors are up, you aren't able to dump your threat (even though you can blow the CD).

Also, using invis in the last 2-3 seconds of mirrors when you out aggro the tank has a better chance of saving your life (dead dps = no dps) and preserves tank/melee positioning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the same issue last night during blood princes 10 man heroic. Heroism off start, blow all cooldown, 30k dps for about 25 secs then i pop instant invis ( being arcane ) to drop aggro but it didnt drop aggro at all. Happened twice, and only on blood princes for me. All other fight were alright.

What you could do pre 4.0 was a bug. I'm guessing it works as intended now. So to solve your trouble, just use invis after the images are gone.
    IMHO it's stupid to use invis while images are up since u lose valuable time not dpsing while your best boost is up
    Losing 2 buffed seconds is better than being dead for the next 3 minutes...
    And what we are experiencing now is a bug: Invis clearing out the threat you have NOW with images (0) as opposed to the threat you actually have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

methinks its kind of like how tricks and MD only give temporary transferred threat now, invis must only temporarily remove threat as long as its active. i havent got anything to back up my idea, just a suggestion to what it could be

Mirror Images dampen the threat, which means as long as they're up you are safe but as soon as they are gone you should watch out. What you could do pre 4.0 was a bug. I'm guessing it works as intended now. So to solve your trouble, just use invis after the images are gone.
    if you play a mage, you're a bad one.