Marks leveling vs BM leveling

Hunter community,

I have been leveling my hunter as Marks. I love it - the mobs die fast and I can regen focus to move on to the next one. When I check the forums though I see that BM, Survival, and Marks are all pretty close in terms of damage. So i switch specs into BM and attempt to "make it work"...which is does, just not nearly as fast or fluid as Marks which frustrates me and I just switch back.

My question -

At what point, if any, does BM become as strong as Marks? I am speculating it is when you get the Exotic Pet talent ( I am currently level 59), but I cannot be certain. I enjoy marks, but I would also like to enjoy another spec as well.

Thank you for your time

Since 4.0.1 I'm leveling my Hunter as Marks.
    The mob is dead before my BM-Pet could reach it. So I do not know why I should
    go BM for leveling.

I'll respecc to BM for 80-85 because it will be like Classic -> Burning Crusade.
    The mobs will hit hard and have decent hitpoints - it's always nice to have a tank pet who will eat the heavy damage.

I'm definitely going MM for 80-85. The BM tree haven't really got all those buff the pet talents anymore so the only thing your getting out of it is the 4 extra pet points. Plus with MM talents like Rapid Fire your minimizing your downtime.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#ccbbZfrGRGoMuro:kzV

Thanks for the feedback. The logic engine in my headmovies kept spitting out that MM was def the way to go, but I was just curious how others felt. I'll keep BM for elite quest solo and the occasional rare spawn that I need to tame but I just can't ditch downing a mob in 3-4 seconds again and again and...again

I would definitely keep MM.
    The burst damage output is nice and with a tenacity pet, you shouldn't have to worry much, even on elites.
    BM never really catches up at lower levels, not sure about 80+ tho.

I personally enjoyed leveling on beta as Surv, but I think the specs are close enough where it's a personal preference call. Frostheim wrote a pretty good article about it for WoW Insider where he recommends MM for many very good reasons, which would probably be helpful to read if you're still trying to decide.

Here's the link http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/11/22/sc...-to-85-monday/