Thread: Loremaster

Loremaster

As we all know since the shattering if you did not have loremaster title you must wait till cata comes out at the earliest to obtain it.
    Recently my father and I(My toon is boley, my father's is zorodoz on Korli realm if you must know) undertook the loremaster achivement.
    I got my loremaster achievement quickly as I still go to school, and I have a lot of a spare time to play and grind larger achievements like this one. But my father on the other hand works about 9-10 hours a day so he can support our family. So the time he does get to play is usually spent on this achievement.
    Now as I finished up my achievement everyday I would work on his, and as the days got closer to the shattering his quests grew fewer. But if you have attempted to do the loremaster achievement you must know how much of a pain Kalimador is, and how when you get to about 100 quests left it takes hours just to find and attempt one. Well needless to say after we saw the bit on MMO-Champion about how loremaster would be changing to each zone type of thing and how if you do not have it obtain it quickly, we rushed to finish it up. When it came down to it we had about 10 quests left until he got the loremaster achievement. But it was also monday night, a few hours before the patch would happen. I stayed up all night until the servers kicked me off trying to finish that achievement for him and missed it by 3. 3 quests that given 1 more day we could have easily found and completed, heck even a few more hours and we could have done it.
    Now I know what you're thinking, "Why don't you just open a ticket?" Well we did,... 4 times actually and everytime the Gm's said something along the lines of "Oh sorry for your loss but we as gamemasters are not allowed to give out achievements or game hints." Well obviously that pissed both of us off, so now we must do all of loremaster for Kalimador again... And then wait for cata to come out to finish up an achievement that should've already been completed.
    Now for some useless facts:
    1. Blizzard said some quests would not count for your loremaster achievement when the shattering comes. Not all quests.
    2. If you compare the old loremaster achievement of 700 quests in kalmidor/EK to the new one, there is a huge difference in the overall amount of quests you will need(which doesnt make too much sense considering)
    3.If you actually have the Loremaster achievement you seem to have all of Cata loremaster done already?

Pretty much this whole thread is a rant, so I made this so everyone can rant about how they do not like the shattering or at least how blizzard is handling the shattering so far - wether it is all about how you lost achievement points, or how you lost money, or even how you just don't like it.

You don't really have a place to rant though. This was known for a while now. Im sorry that that happened. That sucks. It really does. But most quests changed. Even if they look like the same quest, they were changed in some way and thus you have no longer completed them. Also, if you had Loremaster of *Continent* you get to keep that. So, really, you need to do the now easier Loremaster of Kalimdor. There was no way around this. They let people know. There is not really much they could have done. Not to mention, Loremaster will be MUCH easier now. you won't be doing the things you did before. Its like from 15 - 50 quests per zone. And the quests are much better organized. Its not a big deal. You knew it was coming, obviously. You did your best. But because something you knew was going to happen, happened, you choose to rant about it. It sucks that you were 3 quests away, but its over now. Go do the now MUCH easier Loremaster that will take not near as much time as it used to.

And no, already having Loremaster just allows you to have Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms, and Loremaster of Kalimdor. But, with very few achievements done in each zone. I think i only have Silithus as complete. But every other zone achieve i have as not done or like 1 or 2 quests in it.
    Last edited by ikabod00; 2010-11-24 at 04:59 PM.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing to do about it, just have to suck it up. On the bright side, however, you can enjoy all the awesome new quests!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    seriously...have some fun with the new quests. I already have my loremaster achievement and am having loads of fun going back and doing some of the new quests.

I was 650/700 Eastern Kingdoms before shattering.
    After I have 12(YES TWELVE) quests completed in all the EK zones combined. -.-
    And yes, npcs offer me quests which I'm 100% sure I've done.

In the end I think the ONLY zones accounted from both continents (I have loremaster of Kalimdor but not the subzones) are Silithus and Bloodmyst Isle...

Hell I went to Teldrassil and got offered same old quest to kill 6 Cats. What the heck.

Won't tell you what to do but in the end I told myself: meh, I can live without a stupid title.
    At least I have the satisfaction I completed Southshore before it was lost forever, said a bloody good-bye to Defias in Westfall, helped the racer teams from Shimmering Flats, and gathered all those missing pages of "Green Hills of Stranglethorn".

The world looks marvellous, earlier it looked calmer and wilder, true, but also many areas were half-empty or annoying to quest in. Now I travel across the world seeing roads, vendors, flying points added and quests structured for less running (which process began with TBC, and improves ever since). And Goblins, oh my, they're extremely fun.

I think one day I'll redo "new" loremaster from scratch and will do it with bigger pleasure than the old run back and forth quests.

Yes, I regret I haven't finished loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms by 50 quests, spent that time on last batch of Zul Gurub runs and this one I don't regret. Just too bad I started that Loremaster so late and was rushing it through last month or so.

On a side note, where the heck is my "Veteran of the Shifting Sands"?!
    I would have done the quest without the achievement bait, yet I still hate when people don't keep their word.

Have they gone mental? I have done a 1000 questfarm to get my loremaster title in time, I have it, but i assumed i would also get the zonequest complete since obviously I already did them. How can they just remove it while ive spend days on doing it ONCE and never again. Again It was known to me that people without the achievement had to do this again, but not the people who actually had it done. bah, incredible Overhauling a q and then making people do it again. Thats some cheapass new content, not the one ive been waiting for 2 years after the release of the worst expansion so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confrim that the quest in Arathi for horde are repeats even if you have loremaster. The quests in Azshara were all new though. really funny and i did all 105 without stopping (you only need 100, but i just had to finish the story)

Quote Originally Posted by ikabod00 View Post
    You don't really have a place to rant though. This was known for a while now. Im sorry that that happened. That sucks. It really does. But most quests changed. Even if they look like the same quest, they were changed in some way and thus you have no longer completed them. Also, if you had Loremaster of *Continent* you get to keep that. So, really, you need to do the now easier Loremaster of Kalimdor. There was no way around this. They let people know. There is not really much they could have done. Not to mention, Loremaster will be MUCH easier now. you won't be doing the things you did before. Its like from 15 - 50 quests per zone. And the quests are much better organized. Its not a big deal. You knew it was coming, obviously. You did your best. But because something you knew was going to happen, happened, you choose to rant about it. It sucks that you were 3 quests away, but its over now. Go do the now MUCH easier Loremaster that will take not near as much time as it used to.

And no, already having Loremaster just allows you to have Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms, and Loremaster of Kalimdor. But, with very few achievements done in each zone. I think i only have Silithus as complete. But every other zone achieve i have as not done or like 1 or 2 quests in it.
    I totally get where you are coming from, and from my standpoint on my warrior(Boley) its kinda strange about how the achivevements and such got changed around, but from a standpoint of my father(Zorodoz) I mean,... 3 quests, you think at that close blizzard would've thrown a bone or something. But after taking your post, and a few other posts into consideration I have changed my viewpoint on this subject. It sucks but i'll move on, and so will my father. Thankyou for the insight.