Page 1 of 2
LastLast

You can catch CATA FISH NOW!!! (and volatile water)

So first let me say this is most likely not a bug, and you can go try it now. I've caught the Algaefin Rockfish, Deepsea Sagefish and ALOT of Murglesnout, with 2 catches so far of 2-3 volatile water. Where? Go to the river that separates Wetlands from Arathi Highlands, use a form of water-walking and head along the mountain coast of Wetlands, stay on the Arathi Side (if you get too close to Twilight you will get No Man's Land and port'd into wetlands).

Then, once you're just North of Twilight Highlands (when you go alittle south on the river you get the No Man's Land debuff, immediately turn around and you might avoid the port) cast into the water. You won't bridge the zone but your fishing bobber can. You can only, that I've found, catch the open water coastal fish. I have not found a way to get the new inland fish yet.

good find

---------- Post added 2010-11-24 at 06:27 PM ----------

im willing to bet if you go around the coast of uldum too that you might be able to do the same

Damn you. I was content just doing the fishing/cooking dailies for a few weeks, but now you've got me thinking of this and worrying about possible bans. Thanks for the info. Anyone have an idea of what a typical ban for this type of activity would be? I'm fine risking a 3 day ban. Anything more than that and I'm afraid of being unable to play on launch day :S

Deleted
    nice find

nobody is going to get banned for any of this, i have seen like 30 posts abt this kind of stuff, if blizz banned everyone who is doing this stuff theyd have hundreds of banned players per server lol

PS. im gonna try that, ty
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by cmilla View Post
    Damn you. I was content just doing the fishing/cooking dailies for a few weeks, but now you've got me thinking of this and worrying about possible bans. Thanks for the info. Anyone have an idea of what a typical ban for this type of activity would be? I'm fine risking a 3 day ban. Anything more than that and I'm afraid of being unable to play on launch day :S
    Blizzard wont ban anyone for this. It will count as "creative use of game mechanics" at most, but Blizzard will probably just say "Fish away guys"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblesidon the Kingslayer View Post
    nobody is going to get banned for any of this, i have seen like 30 posts abt this kind of stuff, if blizz banned everyone who is doing this stuff theyd have hundreds of banned players per server lol

PS. im gonna try that, ty
    they ban hundreds of players that bot/hack on every server

Crap! Now I have to spend all my free time fishing now!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Crap! Now I have to spend all my free time fishing now!
    haha, I'm going to be checking it out as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good find!
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningStick View Post
    Blizzard wont ban anyone for this. It will count as "creative use of game mechanics" at most, but Blizzard will probably just say "Fish away guys"
    lol there is not such thing as "Creative use of game mechanics" That statement right there usually means a ban. "I'm using creative mechanics to wall jump into a zone I'm not aloud to be in" "I'm fishing right on the edge of where the zone is and it should have port me out, but because I'm creative it won't port me out and blizzard won't ban me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeer View Post
    they ban hundreds of players that bot/hack on every server
    This isn't botting or hacking though. Furthermore if a person bots or hacks they deserve their ban. (Mind you if a person gets banned while being hacked thats a different issue.)
    Last edited by Ceethemage; 2010-11-24 at 08:34 PM. Reason: clarification

Is there any place where you can catch the fish that's used for the 90stam/90mastery food that's created at current max level cooking?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to start stocking up!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm that the exploit used to enter Hyjal pre 4.03 can be used to enter Uldum, Hyjal, or Twilight Highlands.

1. Have a party composition of a two priests, warlock, and anyone else who wants to come. Preferably enough to summon the priest multiple times as you attempt to figure out where the <No Man's Land> debuff shows up.
    2. Turn on your Scrolling Combat Text, and all of the options in between.
    3. Use the priest levitate wall climb (you simply cast levitate, then walk and hug the walls) to the outskirts of any given zone. Have a priest inch towards the inner area of the zone until he gets the debuff <No Mans Land>. Mark the point, either in memory or with something you can drop, like a Moll-E or Jeeves.
    4. Summon the priest back. Challenge the priest to a duel. The priest will mind control you, and move you past the <No Man's Land> point. You need to watch your SCT, and as SOON as you see the <No Man's Land> debuff show up, you need to leave the party right away. Right click your portrait after the duel begins so you can be ready to leave the party immediately.
    5. The last people across the debuff marker should be the two priests, so that they can duel and mind control eachother across.

Enjoy exploring these zones two weeks before they're intended to be! Don't exploit the nodes/greens too much!

P.S. - Rares are up, they do drop blues, and you can collect all the flight paths/work towards Explore Cataclysm achievements. Try to keep it on the down low though, as if you are reported, you run a risk of a temp ban/removal of achievements or loot.

In Action
    http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4849/uldum403a.jpg

Interesting find!
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Gotten 10 Volatile Waters so far, and they're AH'ing for 110 a piece. Profit? I think so!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    Gotten 10 Volatile Waters so far, and they're AH'ing for 110 a piece. Profit? I think so!
    but are people actually buying them?

Yeah, I've already sold 5 of 'em (: