Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The only way you can get hacked with an authenticator is with a man in the middle. Which requires real time hacking, and therefor it's pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by coredumperror View Post
    Heh, that reminds of the time a friend of mine got hacked. He was unable to play for only about three days, and by the time his account was restored, he logged in to discovered almost 20,000g worth of valuables and 30,000 gold in his bags that he hadn't had before. Getting hacked was the best thing that ever happened to him.
    id like this to happen haha =D transform m 31k gold in 100k gold would be nice =D

Check your processes in your task manager every now and then. If you see something that looks shady or not what you're used to seeing, it could be a keylogger or trojan. From my knowledge they should all show up in your processes.

If you don't know what stuff is you can google the processes.

People need to stop falling for phishing schemes, point blank. Nobody is getting "hacked". They are falling for keylog and phishing schemes. Keylogging and phishing is NOT hacking. Script kiddies, :facepalm:

Stop being morons. You are the reason Best Buy's Geek Squad gets away with charging $60 an hour labor for dumb shit and $200 for re-imaging.

Who the hell are these people that think Macs are immune to malicious code? Good lord, that's silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodamn View Post
    Who the hell are these people that think Macs are immune to malicious code? Good lord, that's silly.
    The same retards that thing Macs are better for movie, sound, and picture editing. And pay $1,000 + for a computer with a Core 2 Duo and 2gigs of ram.

Its free for ipod / iphone. £6.50 isnt going to kill you. I never got one but since i got mine a few months ago i think its amazing. Id advise EVERYONE to get one or... blizzards adds it free in a WoW bundle or somthing.

I've never had an authenticator. While it's a good idea, I'm not getting one, because I know that all this so called "hacking" by gold farmers is just people falling for malicious looking emails and entering their user emails and passwords in shady looking sites; basically getting tricked, due to their computer illiteracy.

The price isn't the problem, i just never thought i'd ever need one. As for the mac, i also never thought it would happen seeing i never had problem with it in all those years.

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    I have a friend whose JOB is internet security. He codes backends and probes intranets and company servers for security holes. He had an authenticator and a Mac as his home computer AND STILL GOT HACKED.
    I can't help but see the irony in this.

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    Gotta love the sheer level of ignorance displayed here.

And as only one person has stated but everyone seems to have ignored, having an authenticator is NOT a guarantee of security. The fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter how many layers you add, problems exist on both sides of the fence, ie. users and Blizzard. I have a friend whose JOB is internet security. He codes backends and probes intranets and company servers for security holes. He had an authenticator and a Mac as his home computer AND STILL GOT HACKED.

If you think for a second that there aren't servers running 24/7 brute force attacks on random and targeted accounts against the Blizzard servers, then you're a fool. Hackers will do whatever requires the least amount of effort to succeed. This includes keyloggers and stupid people who buy gold, for sure, but it is by far not limited to that. Setting up a dozen servers in some back-alley dive with minimal internet access in some remote corner of the world is a very cost-effective solution for these people to whom this is a multi-million dollar business.
    Security...........

Mac..........

Pick One

By the way if you think that Blizzard doesn't have the industry standard IEEE networking infrastructure with the appropriate security in place to protect against DDOS and Brute Forcing Attacks, then you and your friend are the fools, kid.

Also if your friend fell for that stupid shit, then I feel sorry for whatever company he is working for in internet security.
    Last edited by Laplace; 2010-11-24 at 10:04 PM.