Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Blizzard loves Mages, just get used to it.
    Like DK's don't get love? lol. Come on now.

Haven't you heard - MAGEs are the New Hero class. Ppl wanted a new New Hero class - well "gratz" you got it. I've leveled all classes to 80 with the exception of warrior and shaman whom I leveled into the 70's. Some classes I play better than others, more of comfort level I suppose. There is no doubt MAGEs are utterly ridiculously OP from the mid 60's and up. The cries and moans you hear from MAGEs at 85 about mana issues stream across the board with all casters. I just played 3 level 80 BGs with my DK, granted I am under geared at this point, but still the dmg numbers don't lie. In the past I've owned Mages with my DK and now I feel like I fighting with a pinwheel and harsh language against them. Oh by the way - in each BG - mages filled at least 7 slots in the top 10 dmg meter. It's pathetic and ridiculous and Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves

This has been repeated over and over and over.... and over again; "balanced at 85". Secondary stats are severely diminished at level 85 for mages as well as other classes.

For example, currently at 80 mages have a rediculous amount of crit and haste which both benefit us greatly, which in turn will hurt us a lot come 85 when 1000 haste rating gives around 8% haste and crit goes through the floor.

Fire mages will lose out on a lot of hot streak procs and also lose out on all those extra dot ticks that we get at the moment.

Frost won't be affected as much as fire from the crit changes because of the shatter talant but will be afftected by the dramatic drop in haste as in the first few tiers we will not be able to reach 1 sec gcd, meaning the gap between all the instant casts that frost has will be longer than it is now.

Arcane will be affected mainly by the mana constraints brought into the spec. The first tier will not provide anywhere near the mana longevity that arcane mages have gotten used to since patch 4.0.1, yes the mana pools are larger but the mana costs have increased a hell of a lot too which means arcane mages will not be able to sustain burn phases as long as they can now.

I think what I'm getting at is that us mages probably scale much better with the overinflated stats of end of expansion gear than other classes, but may not scale as well with the lower stats during first tier raiding/pvp.

Blizzard can make numerous changes to class mechanics/spell coeffs before cata hits so there really is no need for class comparisons like we are seeing.

OP: if the imbalance of the game is getting to you so much, have a break. Cata will be out in less than 2 weeks, come back then and see how things are.
    Last edited by Brightspark; 2010-11-28 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Speeling :)

As far as Cata goes, prepare to dismount your DPS throne because we are getting taken down a notch. It's going to take (I hope) considerably more skill to be a good mage in this upcoming expansion pack, and it's hard to say but right now we are definitely not sitting where we did for Wrath.

Deleted
    I'm really getting sick of reading these "Mages are sucky, they only have to use one butten" posts. Blizz gave us more power, but with that power they gave us a choice: spam AB, and be out of mana in 20 seconds, or use it in moderation with other spells.

I actually hate some of you. Leave the Mage forums, and don't return.

These threads stating how OP class 'x' is and how this is the expansion of 'x' class are just horrible. Anyone with half a brain cell should recognise that any of the recent changes will not continue for very long, and that these changes have not been balanced around level 80. Those that do realise this, yet insist on complaining about it have just lost all credibility.

Lastly, shut the hell up with pointless posts stating that this spec and that spec are 2 button wonders and are skill-less. Put yourself on a mage geared and gemmed the exact same way as me, and I will beat you. It's the player that makes the class.

Also, use some fucking paragraphs once in a while. Some of the posts are just horrendous.

10+ Year Old Account
    he made an account just to QQ about mages?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Quote Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
    The only problem with necrophilia is knowing when to either put them back in the freezer to keep them fresh or go dig up a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Wait times for open tickets are currently measured in continental drift cycles.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

I love to sit back and read just how upset people get on here. Seriously people genuinely get angry over a video game. It's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Says View Post
    First off, First week? Really? You're crying over the first few weeks of WotLK when everyone was still leveling?? And season 5 WAS the first part of WotLK. You have no idea what you're talking about, and are really just whining.
    No, I'm not crying. I'm just pointing out that we had the exact same situation where a class was at first incredible OP at the old level cap, got nerfed to the ground and was utter crap for half of an expansion.

Got it? No? Well, doesn't suprise me at all...
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

Quote Originally Posted by -Atlass- View Post
    Wall.Of.Text.
    you really need to google that.

Ofcourse they're OP!Ghostcrawler plays one

but they'll be nerfed in the end

Deleted
    there will be an overflow of mages at 85, i no a good 5-6 ppl who are re rolling mages

the ones in guilds will looses there raid spots and pugs will srtuggle to find melee

i play a healer and in a guild so not fussed but will be funy to see every pug saying :

LF2M DPS no more mages!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tittattotem View Post
    there will be an overflow of mages at 85, i no a good 5-6 ppl who are re rolling mages

the ones in guilds will looses there raid spots and pugs will srtuggle to find melee

i play a healer and in a guild so not fussed but will be funy to see every pug saying :

LF2M DPS no more mages!!!!
    So.. Who died and made you Prophet Velen?

"Arcane is the spec that requires the most skill out of any spec to achieve max dps?"
    is that some sick joke or something?

Honestly I'm so sick of listening to people complain about mages, honestly. no one cares
    mages were just as "OP" before patch 4.0.1 came out

I can say a warlock doing 16k dps is OP right? because there doing 16k dps and your not

I play a mage, and a holy palidan
    I don't think a mage is OP I think the player behind the keyboard and the mage has a lot to do with its "Opness"

I've seen so many bad arcane mages, and very bad fire mages with comparable gear to others who have the same doing way more

Mages aren't OP.

Watch paragon or any top good guilds hard mode kills, mage's arent even at the top, after the patch.. why don't you actually make a non-ignorant post for once?

and btw, playing frost and fire pve is not "easy"

Min/maxing is extremely vital if you wanna become a good mage.
    arcane is gonna become extremely difficult aside from its one button rotation currently
    at lvl 85 they're making it so you "adept to mana" and not just worrying about your 21k dps on a non-mobile fight

and fire mages are rare to come by unless your in a good guild

you go in a pug, everyones arcane and the other puggies praise teh arcane mage for doing x amount of dmg, sad

when I pug with my friends helping them out, and i'm fire. I destroy those Arcane mages
    Arcane mages aren't OP at all, and neither is fire

learn to play YOUR class and maybe you'd do just as much dps.
    of course there is dps classes that aren't as hot as others, but that's how the game is.
    Last edited by iadygaga; 2010-11-30 at 01:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To the OP: You're not being forced to pay 20g for a port. I port for tips. I get from 1g to 20g. I don't care. Plus, with the advent of flying mounts in Azeroth I don't think porting will be much of an issue since you can practically fly everywhere now.

And really...being an arcane mage is not easy. Especially with Mana Adept being our mastery. You keep spamming Arcane blast your DPS falls down dramatically, and so does your mana. And Fire..you have more than one button to press to achieve a good amount of DPS.

And there are NO OP CLASSES.

Learn how to play your class goddammit. I get top DPS yeah, but not always. Sometimes a warlock comes along and out-DPSes me and the other mages in a Raid. Sometimes, its a hunter, or a rogue, or a warlock. So stop whining.

God...WoW is full of whiners.
    Last edited by Jademist; 2010-11-30 at 12:03 PM.