what is up with T11

Hello,

i'm confused on what they with the way of obtaining T11 pieces.

i mean getting a heroic piece is clear. you need the nonhero piece and a token, which you can get for an essence (i guess you get essences from endbosses or just heroic bosses or something, we'll see)

but what disturbes me is how to get the nonhero pieces. some are available for valorpoints, for others you need a token. the exact token you need to get the heroic version, too.

and i don't see the point in that. i mean with that system you can't get 4pcs setbonus without getting an essence. is that the point? then, why?

hope someone knows.
    the most useless invention in history? A Graveyard wall!
    no one on the inside is able to walk out and
    no one on the outside wants to get in willingly

So you need to raid to actually get the full tier set, instead of simply farming points and getting it that way.

I think that some bosses drop tokens that you turn in for non-heroic pieces. Like Naxx/Ulduar.

So...more of bosses dropping a billion Vanquisher tokens and barely any Conquerer tokens. /sob
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    So you need to raid to actually get the full tier set, instead of simply farming points and getting it that way.
    this, it basicly is the TBC system where you need a certain token for each piece. but combined with the Wotlk system in that you need emblems aswell. (i think the tokens are no longer class bound but not sure bout that)

this is bad because?
    You be trollin', no we be goblin

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadamon View Post
    but what disturbes me is how to get the nonhero pieces. some are available for valorpoints, for others you need a token. the exact token you need to get the heroic version, too.
    No. It's different tokens. They don't even have the same names...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadamon View Post
    with that system you can't get 4pcs setbonus without getting an essence. is that the point?
    That is EXACTLY the point. Non-raiders will be able to get 3 pieces of T11, but it will be the 3 not-so-cool pieces. When you look at a player, you first notice helmet and shoulders. This usually tells you something about his gear. Not many look at gloves, legs or chestpieces. And I'm talking about just visually looking at a character, not inspecting them. This means that the raiders will stand out. Only they can get shoulder and helmet slots. It's another way of seperating the "casuals" from the "raiders".

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    yeah, but you get the other 3 pieces only through valorpoints, which only get in raids (maybe you get some for your first rnd 5 man hero but that would take you months to farm all 3)
    so, why having two different currencies, when both currencies comes from the same source?

Quote Originally Posted by Terradii View Post
    this is bad because?
    not bad, but odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximelene View Post
    No. It's different tokens. They don't even have the same names...
    i'm german so naturally i'm playing with the german client. and in the german client, the token you need for the nonhero shoulders AND the hero shoulders have the same name. so either the translators f*cked up big time, or you are mistaking.

maybe i'm not totally getting the hook of it. so someone on beta might help out and tell me what ways do players have to get valor points other than raiding?
    i mean getting the 3 pieces for valorpoints requires 6600 points, or in theory if they WOULD make all of them available thorugh points 8800 to get 4pcs bonus.
    this system indicates to me that i would be able to gather 8800 valorpoints in a considerable time (say... a month or so) without actually raiding at all. if that would be true, then i could understand.
    Last edited by Cadamon; 2010-11-24 at 10:03 PM.
    the most useless invention in history? A Graveyard wall!
    no one on the inside is able to walk out and
    no one on the outside wants to get in willingly

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO PvE gear should work the same general way that PvP does.

Raid to get the current set, badge farm to get last seasons set (or tier in this case).

Either way, this is a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.

i think its a good think no more noobs standing around in the current tier of raid gear and never haveing stepped foot in the raid just spam ran heroics for a day nothing more i hated this xpac then getting in a pug group seeing plp in the full current tier of gear thinking this is going to be a good group and getting to the first boss and wiping and then hearing on vent

are seeing in raid chat "um sorry guys but could someone tell me how this boss works" i mean come on stop QQ bc u have to god forbid go into a raid and down boss to get ur current lvl of tier gear

In a couple of tiers players will be able to be in full epic just like now by just running heroics. Nothing really changed from WOTLK except the first tier JP is not epics.

Well here's how it works;
    Non-Heroic: Chest, legs, and gloves all can be bought with JP only. Helm and shoulder are bought with a token that drops from a raid boss that is class specific exp.pally priest warlock

Heroic:you need the non heroic tier and the heroic class token. I notice that the heroic class tokens could be purchased with something called a "Forlorn Token" but no idea where that is acquired or if you can get the heroic class token from bosses

That's the reason the helm and shoulders have two types of tokens and the rest don't.

Back in my day, the boss actually dropped the tier gear!

I'm happy though that you can't five man you way to tier, that was some bullshit if I've ever seen it.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"