Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    good thread thank you

  2. #42
    I'm inclined to believe that Insightful Earthsiege Diamond is still the best meta gem for regen, unless the proc rate is lower at 85 or the +33 int and 2% maximum mana of the Ember Shadowspirit Diamond somehow beats it. Although, this may be the case with Disc priests, I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Sny; 2010-12-01 at 04:43 PM.

  3. #43
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,925
    I believe it's more so the fact that the 33 intellect AND 2% mana is better for your longevity than the mana restoration proc. That could be upwards of an additional 6-7k additional mana pool, and that's honestly just throwing a random ballpark number out there. If I sat and did the math, it could even come out to 9-10k differential. Not to mention the added spellpower boost.

    In regards to the mastery answer, thank you. I had not actually thought of it in that fashion. Then mastery over crit makes some sense. Still, that being said, I am very disappointed at the fact that crit is so incredibly undervalued now with the addition of mastery. I would hope that, in the future, Blizzard makes some changes to at least give us the option to make one or the other equally effective in their own respects. That would fit much more with their intent to give us as players more options in how we choose to perform our roles.

  4. #44
    Posting the archaeology items for completion sake, can just copy my post in to help take care of some of the formatting if you want.

    These are all I could find that are relevant to raiding.

    Weapons
    Staff of Ammunae - Tol'vir Archaeology
    Staff of Sorcerer-Thane Tharissan - Dwarf Archaeology

    Armor
    Ring of the Boy Emperor - Tol'vir Archaeology

    Trinkets
    Tyrande's Favorite Doll - Night Elf Archaeology

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I believe it's more so the fact that the 33 intellect AND 2% mana is better for your longevity than the mana restoration proc. That could be upwards of an additional 6-7k additional mana pool, and that's honestly just throwing a random ballpark number out there. If I sat and did the math, it could even come out to 9-10k differential. Not to mention the added spellpower boost.

    In regards to the mastery answer, thank you. I had not actually thought of it in that fashion. Then mastery over crit makes some sense. Still, that being said, I am very disappointed at the fact that crit is so incredibly undervalued now with the addition of mastery. I would hope that, in the future, Blizzard makes some changes to at least give us the option to make one or the other equally effective in their own respects. That would fit much more with their intent to give us as players more options in how we choose to perform our roles.
    Wouldn't you have to have about 300,000 to 350,000 mana to get 6 - 7k additional mana from the meta gem? Not counting the mana from int. I haven't been in the beta or anything, but I was under the impression that mana pools were about 60 - 80k.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Sny View Post
    Wouldn't you have to have about 300,000 to 350,000 mana to get 6 - 7k additional mana from the meta gem? Not counting the mana from int. I haven't been in the beta or anything, but I was under the impression that mana pools were about 60 - 80k.
    At 85 with full gems in the 346 heroic gear, I had around 100-105k mana, using Int flask and int, int/haste, and int/spirit gems, with full reforging to haste or spirit. This is as holy btw, disc will have a larger pool.

  7. #47
    Nice list, but what about Solace trinkets? I have both versions - thoughts on them?

  8. #48
    Both Solaces are better from a pure regen standpoint than entry level 85 trinkets. So if you're very concerned about regen, then you should continue to use dual Solace until you can replace them with some T11 trinkets. Typically lower level items which aren't easily accessible aren't included with this type of list, which is why they were left off I would assume. But yes, Heroic Solace is +144 Int / +288 Spirit. It completely destroys the 346 and under regen trinkets.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroAvix View Post
    At 85 with full gems in the 346 heroic gear, I had around 100-105k mana, using Int flask and int, int/haste, and int/spirit gems, with full reforging to haste or spirit. This is as holy btw, disc will have a larger pool.
    I did some math for Holy, probably not completely accurate, but with a 100k mana pool and the meta gem increasing that to 102k you'd gain.

    Replenishment: ~24 mp5
    Hymn of Hope: ~1.5 mp5
    Shadowfiend: (Without channeling Hymn of Hope and 2/2 Veiled Shadows) ~7.5 mp5
    Shadowfiend: (Same as above but channeling Hymn of Hope) ~8.4 mp5

    So, I'm guessing it's worth somewhere between 30 - 40 mp5 which is still lower than the Insightful Earthsiege Diamond by about half on average, I'm guessing for Disc though the value will be about equal and the new meta will come out ahead fairly soon, probably for Holy some time in the future as well, but right now I think I may stick with the old meta as Holy unless I hear otherwise from people who really know what they're talking about.
    Last edited by Sny; 2010-12-01 at 07:49 PM.

  10. #50
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,925
    Is it just me, or is Tyrande's Favorite Doll essentially the best trinket in the game? A WotLK level mana pot on a 1 min cd that won't share with your actual mana pot cd, AND it can even do a little bit of damage, AND it's 321 int.

    I know one of the things I'm prioritizing when I'm raid ready and not raiding at any particular time.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Is it just me, or is Tyrande's Favorite Doll essentially the best trinket in the game? A WotLK level mana pot on a 1 min cd that won't share with your actual mana pot cd, AND it can even do a little bit of damage, AND it's 321 int.

    I know one of the things I'm prioritizing when I'm raid ready and not raiding at any particular time.
    This is why I was wondering if it started banking mana during the 1 min CD and just wouldn't let you discharge it or if it would wait for the CD to be over before starting to bank again. Either way it is very useful, but the first way could potentially make it really useful.

  12. #52
    High Overlord Arrelliana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    164
    The thing about tyrande's favorite doll that is so OP is that it is BOA..so my druid healer can use it too...
    This makes me want to work on archaeology so much...

  13. #53
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    76
    Oh god, it's BoA which force me to focus on archaeology really hard
    http://spamheal.wordpress.com/

    SpamHeal – Restoration shaman & not only Blog
    Shaman mechanic, theory and practice blog.

  14. #54
    http://us.battle.net:80/wow/en/forum/topic/1192579343

    This is the Archaeology guide that one of my guilds officers wrote and posted to the official forums. Should help people.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    This is why I was wondering if it started banking mana during the 1 min CD and just wouldn't let you discharge it or if it would wait for the CD to be over before starting to bank again. Either way it is very useful, but the first way could potentially make it really useful.
    The cooldown is on the on-use ability. The equip bonus is a completely separate mechanic.

    It's pretty nice, but it's in the same boat as a few others: Unless you think the 177 SP is worth giving up regen Solace is better.

  16. #56
    Bloodsail Admiral nevermore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Wouldn't mind if this thread was Sticky'd.

  17. #57
    High Overlord Arrelliana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    164
    I think this trinket is a really good option if you can grind or have the gold..

    Darkmoon Card: Tsunami


    Works out to 400 spirit which is way ahead of solace. This coupled with:

    Core of Ripeness

    Would put you in a very good position to be raiding.

  18. #58
    What stat weights do you use to calculate the BiS items?

  19. #59
    Thanks for the list. Appreciated the help. It will be very handy for me when cata hits

  20. #60
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrelliana View Post
    I think this trinket is a really good option if you can grind or have the gold..

    Darkmoon Card: Tsunami


    Works out to 400 spirit which is way ahead of solace. This coupled with:

    Core of Ripeness

    Would put you in a very good position to be raiding.
    Thoes 2 are really ahead of Solace but seems like not easy to catch them fast
    http://spamheal.wordpress.com/

    SpamHeal – Restoration shaman & not only Blog
    Shaman mechanic, theory and practice blog.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •