Deleted

Strand of the Ancients demo's bug or intended?

I'm currently farming my last Sota wins for Battlemaster and I noticed today so since patch 4.0.3 that demolitioners have increased speed and can be slowed.
    Most people haven't noticed but I did since I'm using crippling poison on my OH and I saw it got applied on every demo I've been hitting.
    I even saw mages being able to frost nova demo's, its beyond ridiculous.
    I assume this is a bug? Anyone please clarify.
    Last edited by mmocaa030a30b1; 2010-11-25 at 01:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am unable to go on WoW today, but it sounds to me that it's intended.
    People seem to have skipped this thread =\ So I guess bump

Quote Originally Posted by Stabil View Post
    I'm currently farming my last Sota wins for Battlemaster and I noticed today so since patch 4.0.3 that demolitioners have increased speed and can be slowed.
    Most people haven't noticed but I did since I'm using crippling poison on my OH and I saw it got applied on every demo I've been hitting.
    I even saw mages being able to frost nova demo's, its beyond ridiculous.
    I assume this is a bug? Anyone please clarify.

I really hope this is a bug because it's absolutely ridiculous. all demos just get stopped and owned. if you happen to get caught at the yellow choke point you will NEVER get through if the other team has 1 or 2 capable mages. You can be rooted and slowed.....it's the most riduclous thing i've seen in a while. a totally pointless change. I have zero desire to even play that BG anymore.

Deleted
    If your demos get stopped then get your healers to dispell them while you CC the other team.

Deleted
    This BG was is ridiculous even without it. The ~150k hp of the demolisher vanishes now in seconds, before you can even have a single shot at the gate. I even like the speed increase because if there are enemies you will go nowhere rooted or not rooted, but when they are gone farming HK's somewhere else you can get to the gates faster.

Also demo in WG got the speed up I think, dunno about IoC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I really hope they fix (or better yet remove) SotA. I did one the other day and we were able to destroy alli demos before their boats even showed up making "Not Even a Scratch" pretty much impossible to get now.

It is not a bug off course... as a friend stated above, have a priest dispelling on each demo or just change the tactics you had so far.
    We usually, smash Green or Blue and have a Rogue or a mage with invisibility cap the graveyard at the other side of the broken gate which is empty most of the times as Horde are trying to stop the Demos on the other side. Jump on both new demos that spawn and rush to the unguarded gate while you have someone pick an extra demo from the beach on the same side and smash the gate to follow you. With three demos runing, it is almost impossible to be stopped as Horde will be busy fighting on the other side and by the time they reach you you will be already smashing the Chamber gate.
    The trick if you are ttacking is to use a decoy to get all Horde on one side while you have some players go on the other side to take demos and run through.
    If you are deffending, when one of the front gates gets down, have some to protect the graveyards while all others are stopping the demos on the beach.
    If you see that you lost a graveyard, or even both, all go back and guard the last graveyard and yellow gate.
    With a good team, its a win.
    I have to mention that having a priest and a frost or arcane mage on one demo is crucial as the mage slows the attackers and priest dispells demo making it almost unstopable.

IMO its a much better change, and from what i've seen its applied towards all vehicles in all bg's. players being able to affect them is a much better change since if you put 2 frost mages into one, they could cc 3/4's of the people chasing it. now you can at least slow them down a lot more for people to catch up and nuke them, and if nobody is around they deserve to be able to plow thru.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've done about 8 strands today and won most on both factions and personally I think the speed is pretty OP and considering every healer can now dispell magic not including hybrids then it's not exactly hard to dispell, but the speed? seriously it's hard to even get in the things how the fuck is a melee supposed to even reach it now? before with the range bug it was hard but now they move so fast without anyone slowing, aka mages then it's almost impossible to kill them.

I think the only CC that works is slow, I've never seen one rooted or anything so all you can do is slow it, by like 40% and that's if you have a frost mage which is rare as the frost scrubs are mostly fire and arcane, so I guess they can slow but still, it isn't THAT bad hell I won attacked the relic after 1 minute and 50 seconds, even done it in 2 minutes on alliance aswell so I don't get why people are saying the demos suck now.

Strand is just a pure dog shit and flawed bg to begin with and what makes it worse is having TWO casters raping you while the demo moves, now the demos move so fast and it takes no time whatsoever to nuke a gate that strand is even worse now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a much better solution is to remove vehicle combat from PvP all together.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    ...I think the only CC that works is slow, I've never seen one rooted or anything so all you can do is slow it,...
    They can be rooted alright :P
    I Frost Shock the crap out of them (talented it freezes the target in place if used on ranged target) on my enh shaman and make it really easy for everybody to get to it.
    But then again someone in the group will freeze/root them in place and i haven't really noticed any trouble in anyone reaching them as all classes have some sort of slow at least.
    The problem i see is that since that "change" i've never been in a match where the vehicles have actually managed to get through even ONE person who is slightly in front of it's path to the gate. No vehicle can get from one gate to the next if there is even one person there. Saying that they die incredibly easy in 30 yards when any slow is applied is an understatement.
    Everybody can slow it and it's 100% dead before it reaches the gates unless they pass by without anyone bothering.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I did strands yesterday and didn't notice this and besides, you shouldn't have demos going solo anyway you should have 2 demos, 2 passengers on each nuking anyone behind it and people beside it helping/dispelling, I like the change since demos can be slowed/rooted and it means people need to help, before demos just ran through everything and you could down the gates without anyone helping and as I said, dispelling isn't exactly hard to do now considering every healer not including hybrids can dispel so if your demos die before you reach a gate the problem is the people in your bg not the game itself.

I always dispelled the demos even before this change to remove any dots and whatnot, also did the same in WG for the cannons so again, this change didn't make winning strand near impossible just meant you now require some teamwork and a wee bit of common sense, which I'll be the first to admit is sometimes hard to find on wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    I think a much better solution is to remove vehicle combat from PvP all together.
    This, Also i can just root a demo, focus on the other one and go back to the one i rooted cause they last the full duration :I

10+ Year Old Account
    doesnt really matter they get slowed, with the insane damage most classes do ( read: arcane mages hitting for 80k with ab), the demos die in a few seconds.