BOLVAR -- Beyond the Lich King. (A remake of the caption thread)

Hello and welcome.
    Put away your beverage. If you're at work prepare your screen for Alt-Tab. This will be a side splittingly hilarious ride!

You may or may not have visited, or been a part of the previous thread. You may even be bored of it, but FEAR NOT!
    If you haven't read it yet, you can view it here. Big thanks to Endolicious for making what began as a simple joke thread and grew into something crazy.
    Ps: The action really starts to heat up (yeah thats a Bolvar pun) the further into the thread you travel. Hence this remake, with popular content (subway image? :P)on the first pages.

Below I'm going to set some thread guidelines and provide you all with the necessary tools to be a part of this phenomenon. So be sure to read on.
    But before we get to that, lets meet the star of our show.

OUCH! Bolvar I thought I warned you!

Bolvar, the hero we love to... well love. He sacrificed himself to save us all from tyranny. It is only fitting we pay him his respects. So it shall be done.
    What MMO Champion began was a crazy internet meme. Bolvar would sit brooding on his throne, and we decided to interpret his emotion with captions. Sometimes he was angry. Sometimes he was mournful. And sometimes he just happened to leave his throne all together.

But no matter what he was doing, he was always making us laugh.
    This Bolvar trend has become quite the phenomenon lately, but it has also been buried under a huge pile of posts (not in a bad way, by any means). So it's time to unearth him once again (another Bolvar pun).

OOH OOH I'M EXCITED! What can I do to help?

Alright slugger, you want to contribute? Great!

There are a number of ways you can add to this thread.
    • CAPTION~POST - You can write a caption for Bollie. What do you think is really on his mind?
    • CAPTION~EDIT - You can edit the image throwing in your caption of choice for MAXIMUM EFFECT!
    • RELOCATE~EDIT - You can break out the dusty photoshop or MS paint skills and put Bolvar in a new locale. Maybe it's time he took up flying lessons? Perhaps he joined the cast of the matrix?
    • RESURRECT~POST - If you have favourite images from the old thread (I'd hope you do!!) repost em here. Just be sure to leave credit in your post for the original poster (creator) of the image. Bolvar can't get all the credit now!
    • SUPPORT~POST - Support your favourite images. Discuss things, request pictures, have fun! However, while it's ok to quote images. Please try not to go overboard. It's great to see images pop up again, and the creators certainly love the spotlight (nom nom). Sadly it is very easy to fall into the trap of making massive posts with a huge quote. So as a rule of thumb, no more than one image per quote.

Right so what are you waiting for?...

Oh I promised tools to make your own didn't I? Righto.

MAKE YOUR OWN BOLVAR (tm).

Ok first of all you'll need the image. Below is the smaller version, or you can get the Hi Res version here. There is also a new wallpaper Blizzard released with Bolvar. I haven't got the link for that but you can use it too. Free reign!
    One word of warning though. Be mindful of the size in which your image is before you post it. If it's too huge, it'll probably fall off the page and people may not bother to look at it. It can be easy to forget you're zoomed riiiiiight out, and your picture is actually big enough to Christmas wrap the Empire state building.

Ok how do I change the size?
    Well. I'm not going to answer that! >=D

Instead I'm going to say this. Use whatever tool you like. If you are an avid MS paint user, go for it! If you have Photoshop use that too.
    If you don't have Photoshop but want a free alternative, check out GIMP. While the name might imply the software sucks, it really doesn't.
    Did I mention it's free?

Next you'll need somewhere to upload your images. Check out:
    photobucket.com
    tinypic.com
    imageshack.com
    Or just try this.

Finally to get you on your way to meme stardom. Here is a cutout version of Bolvar. Cause if he can take on the burden of the helmet, we know he's cut out for this (My last Bolvar pun, sorry).

Right, we're done here then.

So lets get cracking. Chop chop.
    Repost your favourite images from the old thread (and give credit to posters). Post some funny captions. Make some new images. Spread the word of this thread to the wow forums and other avenues, and lets have fun!
    If you don't think your 'skills' are up to par of other image editors, don't fret and certainly don't let that hold you back from contributing. We're here to make people laugh. We are not keeping points.

In fact, this is the thread where points don't matter.
    That's right the points are just like everthing else when you own a Porsche
    Last edited by crossfingers; 2010-11-25 at 05:25 AM.

Lol at the coffee spill

Deleted
    While the former thread was awesome and deserve more promotion, why do you feel the need to make a remake of it?

Why not just post this in the existing thread?

This part especially, highlights how this is nothing more than a cheap copy with your name stamped on it;

Repost your favourite images from the old thread (and give credit to posters)

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    While the former thread was awesome and deserve more promotion, why do you feel the need to make a remake of it?

Why not just post this in the existing thread?

This part especially, highlights how this is nothing more than a cheap copy with your name stamped on it;
    I have believe it or not, and I'm still contributing to that thread. It's what got me interested in making a parallel thread with instructions on the front page.

If people choose not to utilise this thread, then it'll slip away. If people want to consolidate some of the best images so new viewers don't have to sift through 80 odd pages to see em all they'll do it.
    If you think I'm making this thread soley to ... get my name on it (...?) then I don't know what to think...