Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Get grid and make mouseover macros. A lot of people have already posted it just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Akamir View Post
    I swear by Vuh'do. Clique and Grid is what I used in TBC.

This.

Vuhdo is by far my favorite.

If your worried about any latency issues there is a addon that can help with that. Personally I have use healbot, vuhdo and grid+clique and I like grid the best. If you need help configuring your grid just hit youtube up there are several vids there to help you make grid look a bit more like xperl raid frames.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgon View Post
    I was wondering what I should use to start healing in Cata I have used Healbot this whole expansion but I read somewhere that Healbot is latency dependent and idea which one I should use I have no idea but always willing to try something new.
    Yup. Try them all yourself but you should find in terms of latency (lowest first):

0) Blizzard raid UI+mouseover macros
    1) Grid+mouseover macros (yes, mice have small to very small input lag compared to keyboard as baseline)
    2) Grid+Clique (most convenient and reliable fast response setup since both addons are relatively simple compared to the alternatives)
    3) Vuhdo (by far the most configurable healing addon. It's so configurable and fun to use often people switch between this and Grid+Clique)
    4) Healbot (the least responsive though out-of-the-box more configurable and easier to understand than Grid without additional addons).

I can confirm that Healbot has always seemed to lag significantly more than Grid and even Vuhdo. Grid also shows debuffs quite often a lot quicker and more reliably than the other addons. This has always been the case as far as I remember.

I always have mouseover macros for all my heals in case any addons I rely on stop working and I have to resort to the standard UI. Having no working addons is not an excuse in high end raiding guilds. Therefore, I use Grid+Clique+GridStatusRaidDebuff or mouseovers for 25/40-mans due to sometimes heavy decursing (and pvp) and I like Vuhdo for 5-mans and 10-mans pve.

I was brought up on Healbot though (since level 30 on my first druid char which was main healer until ToC). It served me very well until then. So, unless its a very specific situation such as if you are put on decurse duty or in pvp, there does not seem to be a huge difference between all the mainstream healing addons.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-12-01 at 02:35 PM.

I prefer and highly recommend VuhDo. It has every bit of the configurability of Grid+Clique, even with a few extra features, while having the all-in-one advantage of Healbot. And it's developed by a very active and responsive coder; if you discover a bug or request a feature, he'll usually respond within 24 hours and have it fixed in the next build. The only real disadvantage of it is that there are a ton of options, so it's intimidating to new users, but if you've used Grid or Healbot in the past, it's not that difficult to figure out.

Grid+Clique is very good too, being highly configurable, and it's definitely absolutely serviceable and what I'd recommend if VuhDo isn't an option for some reason.

Healbot is fine, but it just doesn't have the features of VuhDo or Grid, and it does have the coding and performance issues, so it's not advisable for high-end raiding. That said, it works pretty much right out of the box and it's simple to configure, so I still think it's a good way for people to get used to the idea of click-healing and configuring healing frames. However, after having used it for a while, one should still upgrade to either VuhDo or Grid.

I use grid and clique, coupled with grid status raid debuff. Used the pair since BC and can honestly say they are the most dependable addons Ive ever used. I tried Vudoh for a bit but it always seemed just little slower showing debuffs and raid icons. I would advise you also learn how to heal with basic mouse overs too, for emergencies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, im a Grid person. I like to have everything in need there and able to see easily. And I have it set to exactly how I want. But I guess its down to personal preffrence what you use
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Check me out on youtube! Playthroughs of Diablo 3, Minecraft and many other games with daily content!

Vuhdo all the way. Used Grid for a year and then discovered Vuhdo, didn't realise what I was missing. Fits me perfectly.

Deleted
    Neither; I'm not retarded, thus I can use the built in raid frames. When I raided in Uld when it was current content, I used the OLD raid frames, and I healed competitively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    grid + mouseover macros/clique will make you a better healer eventually.
    this ^

+SnowfallKeyPress

Deleted
    grid ofc ;p

Deleted
    My keyboard

10+ Year Old Account
    I started to use Grid + Clique, worked perfectly, then I fell in love with TUKUI, so I now I use Tukui raid frames+clique.
    1. Respect your fellow community member

Do not correct other people's posts when they make a grammatical or spelling mistake. Not everyone's native language is English. If yours is you should be glad everyone else is doing an effort. Respect that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grid/Vuhdo + clique over healbot anytime.

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytimmeh View Post
    Neither; I'm not retarded, thus I can use the built in raid frames. When I raided in Uld when it was current content, I used the OLD raid frames, and I healed competitively.
    Wow, you're so good! Srsly.. healing with the standard frames is posseble.. but they aren't nearly as good as costumizable ones.

I just tried Grid and Healbot so far, not Vuhdo, but prefer Grid. With mouseovermakros of course. (Sadly there is a makronumber limit.)
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Vuh-Do for the win

I used Healbot for a long time on my resto Shaman. It's a good introduction into using clicking addons for healing. I have never tried Clique and Grid.

But Since 4.0.1 patch, I've been using Vuh-Do, and have been a big fan since. There are more customizations avilable than Healbot, and although it appears at first to be a lot to take in, they put a lot of effort into making the customization to be as easy and organized as possible. I was personally surpised at how much valuable information can be displayed on a tiny bar. good luck!

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I've always used X-Perl. I hate the block design of Grid (and Blizzard's own new raid UI, for that matter).

But I would pick playing the game literally being blind over Healbot. Oh God, the number of very very very VERY bad healers Healbot makes on a daily basis. /shudder

If you ever encounter a bad healer, ask them if they use Healbot. I would say at least 80% of the time, the answer will be yes. 'There's your sign", as someone puts it.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Shadowed Unit Frames (includes Raid frames). They are so awesome if you config m.

I use healbot. Too many options with Grid and I like to keep things simple.

I would also argue with Fenix above that not everyone that uses Healbot is a bad healer. I have a pretty good track record and have received compliments on my healing ability.

Vuhdo + mouseover macros + snowfallkeypress + Vuhdo's built in 'clique' interface.

I like how customizable Vuhdo is without having to download all the addons to get the same thing out of grid.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez