Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I'm a big fan of Grid.
    I can say much, since I've never toyed around with Vuhdo or Healbot, but from whatever I see on the UI's of guildies I'm always happy I have Grid and Clique for several reasons.

Healbot and VuHDo seem to be really, really direct towards healers, while I have that feeling less with Grid. I use grid on all my toons, on my tank it's nice to see who pulled aggro, or to cast Righteous Defense/BoP on them with clique. Same goes for my mage, I don't see the point of decursive since clique and grid can accomplish the same. And, every character has it's own profile ofcourse, so while my priest her screen is mainly filled with grid, it's smaller on my other characters.

Deleted
    I used grid until the new group UI's were there

Deleted
    healbot is good as it you can set it up alot quicker n such, but grid is superior, but takes longer to set up and you need a seperate addon to heal with it :>

i recently changed to grid, so much better once set up correctly

10+ Year Old Account
    Allways used Grid with mouseover macros, seen a friend use healbot and pretty much discarded the idea of trying right there
    Current goals ingame:
    100 Mounts: Done Over 9000 Achievement points: Done
    All raiding glories:4/6
    40 Exalted reputations:Done
    Achievement whore since: June 2010!

I've tried both, but I always turn back to Grid. It's simple, customizable, efficient and I love it!
    ☼Tanks are the earth. Healers are the sun. DPS are the asteroids bouncing around the universe asking if anyone saw how they wiped out those dinosaurs.☼
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    As much as I'd like to screw every single one of you, no, we don't "screw the majority".

Deleted
    It's really a personal choice. I like healbot the most, but I only heal on an alt, and haven't really bothered to customize grid+clique.

Quote Originally Posted by U1z View Post
    I'm a big fan of Grid.
    I can say much, since I've never toyed around with Vuhdo or Healbot, but from whatever I see on the UI's of guildies I'm always happy I have Grid and Clique for several reasons.

Healbot and VuHDo seem to be really, really direct towards healers, while I have that feeling less with Grid. I use grid on all my toons, on my tank it's nice to see who pulled aggro, or to cast Righteous Defense/BoP on them with clique. Same goes for my mage, I don't see the point of decursive since clique and grid can accomplish the same. And, every character has it's own profile ofcourse, so while my priest her screen is mainly filled with grid, it's smaller on my other characters.
    It's possible to bind spells to hotkeys much like Clique does it, like putting Misdirect on left mouseclick for easy misdirecting. It's a matter of preference, for me it's the fact that Vuhdo gets updated really fast and it does both jobs (quite good).

Plus I like the zebra texture *blush*

If you want to get the most out of yourself as a healer, you should definitely use either grid+clique/mouseover or vuhdo. They're both really configurable and I haven't noticed any differences in performance. I use grid, but that's personal preference.

People that use healbot generally are the ones that are either too lazy to set grid or vuhdo up properly or just don't know any better. It has come a long way since TBC and has copied a lot of features from most notably grid, but healbot is still sub-optimal. That's fine if you just want something quick and easy, but you have to realize that you're gimping yourself.

Grid.
    Leksi, Restoration Druid of <Deus Vox>

This thread blew my mind. Am I the only one that thought the exact opposite of everyone?

I use grid because it's much easier to use out of the box and because Healbot is too customizable.

I will say that you will see a half decent performance increase if you switch from using no addon to having something similar to Grid/Clique or Healbot.

So why would you pick something like Grid over the new blizzard raid frames? Honest question..

Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    So why would you pick something like Grid over the new blizzard raid frames? Honest question..
    MUCH more customization available, especially including the size of the frames. Blizz frames are insanely huge even on the smallest scale. They're just not that customizable and therefore inferior for most endgame raiders that want certain information and only that information displayed how they want it.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

just thought i'd throw my 2 cents in. I used Healbot at first because, to repeat what everyone has said, it's great out-of-the-box. Made the switch to Grid&Clique and never looked back. Took me on my first healer 1-2 hours to fully set it up the way i liked, and my other 2 healers, less than an hour. I use it with a paladin, shaman, and druid healer. The best thing about grid&clique that not one has really touched upon (other than mentioning the customization) is clique is not exclusive to grid (unlike healbot), so you can use it on any health bar with any spell/ability. Just an example, as a paladin i have to use a judgment at minimum every 60 seconds for our spell haste buff. Simple with Clique, just set up Clique to utilize on enemy and Target of Target health bar (believe it does by default), set which mouse button you'd like to use (in my case) for which judgment, set that to enemy, set boss as tot. every 50 sec or so just click on that tot bar.

I've never used Vuhdo, so i don't know if this is possible with that addon, but with grid/clique it can be used in so many more ways than just healing.
    Last edited by Kenyawn; 2010-12-06 at 08:19 AM.

VuhDo is amazing. It has options and features well beyond the other raid frame addons. If you find the setup daunting, google for a tutorial.

Deleted
    Ive used all three( healbot,vuhdo,grid) and gotta say i love vuhdo the most at the moment. It's down to personal preferance IMO. Using one or the other wont make you better than somebody else, just use what you are comfortable with.