Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

November 23 Hotfixes, Setup of the Month, Atlasloot v6

Patch 4.0.3a Hotfixes - November 24
    More hotfixes! So many more hotfixes!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    November 24
    • Players should now be able to champion a capital city and earn reputation in Heroic and normal Wrath of the Lich King dungeons while wearing that city's tabard.
    • Players are no longer required to discover Wrath of the Lich King dungeons before accessing them via Looking For Dungeon.
    • Players should no longer be interrupted when eating or drinking in a Battleground before the battle starts.
    • Many former Steamwheedle Goblins have switched over to the Gadgetzan faction. If a players happens to be "At War" with these NPCs, they will no longer attack in many areas.
    • Collision has been removed from Argent Tournament banners so they can no longer block players.
    • The door to the Alliance Keep in Isle of Conquest should again be closed at the beginning of the battle.
    • Creatures spawned during the Hadronox encounter no longer award reputation.
    • After changing races to tauren and learning the Sunwalker Kodo mounts, they continue to remain available after porting, zoning, and relogging.
    • Trapjaw Rix no longer has a duplicate manifestation standing on top of himself.
    • Players can no longer catch new high-level fish when fishing near level 80-85 zones unless the account is upgraded to Cataclysm.

Classes
    Death Knight (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    • Death Strike now properly heals for 20% of the damage taken within the last 5 seconds, and Blood Presence now increases armor contribution from items by 30%, down from 60%.

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    • The heal from Gift of the Earth Mother when the druid casts Rejuvenate is now gaining the correct benefit from Improved Rejuvenate.

Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    • Flame Orb will no longer attack PvP-flagged enemies unless the mage is already flagged for PvP combat.

Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    • The Empowered Shadow buff is no longer granted when a player cancels the Shadow Orb buff. Mind Blast correctly removes the Shadow Orb buff and grants Empowered Shadow.
    • The Glyph of Shadow Word: Death no longer provides the outdated 10% bonus damage to targets under 25% health when Shadow Word: Death is cast.

Warlock (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    • Bane of Havoc no longer persists when overwritten by another Bane.

Quests
    • The quest "Reinforcements from Theramore" can now be obtained by Alliance players.
    • Players no longer keep the invisibility aura and the Hunting buff after logging out while in the wolf vehicle on the quest "The Wolf and the Kodo".
    • The quest "Diplomacy By Another Means" no longer auto-completes in the field.
    • The spawn rate for Frostmane Scavengers in Dun Morogh has been substantially increased.
    • Obtaining the achievement for completing quests in Silverpine now requires 55 quests, down from 60. The interface will still list it as 60 required quests until a client-side patch is applied.
    • Players should no longer get stuck in a phased state when attempting to complete the quest "To the Rescue!"
    • Players are now able to complete the quest “Uther’s Blessing” by using the item Chillwind Tribute at Uther’s Tomb.
    • Horde players are no longer able to obtain the Stormpike Insignia Rank 2 from Lieutenant Haggerdin while on the quest "Infiltration".
    • Experience granted by quests in Arathi Highlands has been increased.

Computers - Setup of the Month (by chaud)
    Things are starting to get better on MMO-Champion and it's time for a new feature on the front page! Each month or every 2 months, depending on the hardware evolutions, the lovely chaud will work on a couple of hardware setups for those of you who are thinking of upgrading their computer!

Don't hesitate to post any feedback in the comments of that news post, and don't forget to visit the Computer Forum for any extra questions!

Lowest-End and Lower-End

Component Average High End
    CaseNZXT GAMMA Classic - $39NZXT GAMMA Classic - $39
    Power SupplyOCZ ModXStream Pro 500W - $59Corsair 650TX - $79
    CPUAMD Athlon II X4 630 AM3 - $79AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition - $144
    MotherboardGIGABYTE GA-770T-USB3 AM3 - $95GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H AM3 - $131
    Memory4GB PNY Optima DDR3 10600 - $524GB CORSAIR XMS3 4GB 10666 DDR3 - $79
    Graphics CardXFX 5770 - $139XFX 6850 or EVGA GTX 460 - $199
    Hard DriveWestern Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB - $46SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB - $65
    MonitorASUS VW224U 22-Inch Widescreen - $167ASUS VW246H 24-Inch Widescreen - $212
    KeyboardMicrosoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000 - $20Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000 - $20
    MouseLogitech G500 - $35Logitech G500 - $35
    SpeakersLogitech S220 2.1 Speaker System - $23Logitech S220 2.1 Speaker System - $23
    DVDLite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $24Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $24
    Total$778$1,050

Average and High-End

Component Average High End
    CaseCooler Master Centurion 5 II - $51Cooler Master HAF932 - $99
    Power SupplyCorsair 650TX - $79Corsair 750HX (7 Year Warranty) - $139
    CPUIntel i5-750 - $205Intel i7-930 - $271
    HeatsinkCooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - $26Xigmatek HDT-S1284 + the bracket) - $54
    MotherboardASUS P7P55D-E - $149Asus Sabertooth X58 (5 Year Warranty) - $199
    Memory4GB CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB 10666 DDR3 - $796GB Corsair DDR3 12800 - $106
    Graphics CardXFX 6870 - $254XFX 5870 - $329
    Hard DriveWestern Digital 1TB Caviar Black - $871.5TB Western Digital Green - $69
    MonitorDell E2311H 23-inch LED-backlit Widescreen - $299OCZ Vertex 2 100 GB (Review) - $249
    Corsair Force 120GB (Review) - $229
    KeyboardLogitech G110 - $65Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch (IPS Panel) - $556
    MouseRazer Deathadder - $40Razer Deathadder - $40
    SpeakersCreative Inspire T3130 2.1 Speaker System - $50Logitech Speaker System Z523 - $75
    DVDLite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $24Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $24
    Total$1,408$2,210

Addons - AtlasLoot v6.00.00 Released
    The latest version of AtlasLoot has been released and is now fully updated for Cataclysm.

Most importantly, the new Cataclysm client changed how items are stored in the client and you no longer have to wait for the item to be active on your server to have it displayed properly in AtlasLoot. The current version of Atlasloot should get you a decent list of most of the items you will get in the expansion and you should be able to check most of them in-game with the proper drop location, ability to try them out in the dress-up room, etc...

Download Links

v6.00.00 Changelog
    • Compatible with World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm.
    • Added support for Atlas 1.18.0
    • New Features: New loot browser, Quicklook revamp, Wishlist revamp, Heirlooms can now be viewed by lvl, button to switch between price and description
    • Added all new dungeon loot: Blackrock Caverns, Throne of the Tides, The Stonecore, Vortex Pinnacle, Lost City of Tol'vir, Grim Batol, Halls of Origination
    • Added all new faction rewards: Baradin's Wardens, Dragonmaw Clan, Hellscream's Reach, Ramkahen, The Earthen Ring, The Guardians of Hyjal, Therazane, Wildhammer Clan
    • Added the following factions into the Classic faction page: Darnassus, Exodar, Gilneas, Gnomeregan, Ironforge, Stormwind, Bilgewater Cartel, Darkspear Trolls, Orgrimmar, Silvermoon City, Thunder Bluff and Undercity
    • Added the following factions into the Wrath of the Lich King page: The Silver Covenant and The Sunreavers
    • Added Tier 11 sets
    • Added Lvl85 PvP sets
    • Added Daily Cooking rewards.
    • Added new Darkmoon Faire trinkets
    • Updated Crafting professions (Blacksmithing, Cooking, Engineering, First Aid, Jewelcrafting and Mining) with new Cataclsym recipes.
    • Updated events: Brewfest and Love is in the Air.
    • Reorganized Companions, Mounts and Tabard pages. All new Companions, Mounts and Tabards added.
    • New collection page - Transformation items.
    • Converted all PvP prices into the new Honor Point system.
    • Converted all Badge and Emblem gear into the new Justice Point system.
    • Tons of minor fixes and additions

# Players should now be able to champion a capital city and earn reputation in Heroic and normal Wrath of the Lich King dungeons while wearing that city's tabard.

This makes me so happy.

Hot damn! Why did they remove the collision on the banners? It was so much fun to mess around with!

Very interesting new segment, Might take use of the next one.

Thanks for the update!

Hi Marla.

Unhappy

They also fixed the dwarves in BRD (summoner's tomb) giving 60 rep each it seems - I knew I should've finished it last night!
    Last edited by chillicrackers; 2010-11-25 at 08:11 AM.

Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch (IPS Panel) - $556 is a monitor but is marked under the keyboard section :P

Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch (IPS Panel) - $556 is a monitor but has been placed in the keyboard section! :P

That high end graphics card is not that far above the 6870, and if you are going to crossfire the 6870 will perform a lot better than two 5870's because they fixed scaling this gen. The highest end cards you can get right now are the GTX 580 or the HD 5970 with the new 6970 and 6990 coming out soon from AMD.

Quote Originally Posted by sinisterbee View Post
    Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch (IPS Panel) - $556 is a monitor but has been placed in the keyboard section! :P
    Maybe it also is multitouch!

My atlas loot is weirding out. it's just a text box in the middle of my screen.

Deleted
    Some completely silly choices on those hardware setups, but I guess it's still nice for people who have 0 clue about how to upgrade thier computer.

Already revered with the Goblins and I've barely been in game today.

Hopefully some people are on tomorrow so I can run more, 19,900ish to go

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Some completely silly choices on those hardware setups, but I guess it's still nice for people who have 0 clue about how to upgrade thier computer.
    Define silly choice. (And I mean, really silly, not arguing about a 3% perf gain, this isn't a hardware site )

I'm still unable to complete Uther's tribute.

Gosh damn DK tank Nerfs anyone?
    Hope the armor Damage Reduction is just being leveled with the rest of the tanks...
    But with the CD's being weakened, lack of block percentage to be another form of damage reduction, and now armor bonus being cut in half...
    I hope this a momentary phase while balancing all tank classes, just ouch.

major nerf for DK tanks oO

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    My atlas loot is weirding out. it's just a text box in the middle of my screen.
    Try a clean reinstall.

1. Delete every AtlasLoot folder (even the files in the wtf folder).
    2. Log in.
    3. Completely log out.
    4. Reinstall AtlasLoot.
    5. Hope it works.

If you still have problems send me a mail to hegarol(at)atlasloot.net

They bump Arathi XP right after I complete the zone -.-

I was wondering why I was getting less XP in Arathi than I was in the latter quests of Wetlands.

The computer section idea is great, but I wonder why you include anything other than a computer in it honestly? Don't get me wrong, I like seeing that all I REALLY have to do is subtract the costs of stuff like the monitor/keyboard/mouse/speakers which I already have good ones of to get a real price, but since most of the important costs of a new computer are, well, the computer itself, listing those things seems silly.

Still, easy enough to subtract, and a good section idea.