Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    in current conditions, if moonkins were to be able to use their mounts without shifting back to caster form, then we could also use bear/cat/flying form which would be... odd.

since shapeshifts are meant to be mutually exclusive (ie you can only use one at most at a time) just like stances, they probably can't change the ability "type" (shapeshift to stance for example) without changing them all at the same time, which could then potentially allow the bear/cat/flying on mounts (stance/presence change is allowed while on a mount).

all this to say, doubt that'll ever happen. and some addons make you automatically shift you out when using a mount spell anyway.
    The game does have IFchecks :P a simple one added in would do it.

IF GetImportance(this.concern)>0
    THEN
    __IF Blizzard.Rand(100) = 100;
    __THEN
    ____Blizzard.Fix(this.concern);
    __END IF
    ELSE
    __Blizzard.GhostCrawler.Print("Working as intended.");
    __this.concern = null;
    END

Quote Originally Posted by lasn View Post
    I agree. Gief Moonkin Mount.

Btw, i am the only one that can't mount directly from Moonkin? Need to cancel it, and then mount. Works fine from cat and bear..
    Same, It's completely annoying, I don't remember it being like that before!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Why can't moonkins ride and have to switch to normal form to mount? On questmobs it works just fine - why the limitation?
    It's because the moonkins legs are too short. They can't sit securely in the saddle, so they tend to fall off.

I think he means the fact that we automatically swapped out of shapeshift whenever we used a mount. Now we have to swap out of form manually. That's all.

Deleted
    IF GetImportance(this.concern)>0
    I am sorry but the 2nd parameter (int $motivation) for GetImportance is only optional if you call it as a member function of the Kotick-class.

Nice idea for PvE, ballance issues for PVP

There are pvp issues for allowing mounted moonkins.

As a mage, my opener to a riding enemy is polymorph, it dismounts them and allows to open with a heavy hit if they don't trinket asap. The main point, it dismounts them!

If i can't polymorph you while your trying to run away.......

This is a key strategy and has scored me many kills, taking it away vs druids would tilt the balance in druids favor.

I must admit though, for ethstetics and farming purposes I would like to be able to get on a flying carpet while in moonkin form. XD

Am I the only one who thinks Druid's should be solely dependant on their forms?

Travel form should be equal to max ground mounted speed and as for flying, you guys have the most beautiful and efficient means of flying in the game.
    Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.

I agree. Gief Moonkin @ Mount.

Btw, i am the only one that can't mount directly from Moonkin? Need to cancel it, and then mount. Works fine from cat and bear..
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Moonkin Form
    /cast your mount name here

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree. Gief Moonkin @ Mount.

It's a bug. Make a cancelaura mount macro.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when I farmed netherwing reputation I did notice a funny thing, if you are out on the quest hub and you turn into a moonkin THEN mount up on a drake or something (not your flight form) and fly away from there, when the disguise drops you are a moonkin on a dragon/dragonhawk/flying machine/rocket or whatever ^^ enjoy it
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Iunno, it just looks odd to me. Only way I'm budging on this Topic is if Humans get a Moonkin to ride.

already said everything i believe that imo could explain why there's no way moonkin can be used on mounts atm.
    can't force anyone to give it a little thought before throwing a copy paste of the abilities tooltips which i already know btw thanks.

not to mention :
    tooltips =/= actual ability mechanic
    I'm not saying anything about the programming there. Apparently, I need to spell it out for those that are incapable of understanding the intention of a post unless it is spelled out ad nauseam or that my post could respond to other aspects of someone else's thread (See I can be snarky too).

Kingpup said, and 2D quoted, "It's to op"

Moonkin form is similar to other forms, aspects and auras in that it is an important part of the spec.

As pointed out by others in the thread, many other CC abilities still apply.

Other classes do not have this issue with integral talent and damage mechanics.

How if functions can be changed.

I think it should be changed.

The tool tip reflects the actual ability mechanics.

edit: I picked shadowform because it is similar in all aspects (caster, talent based, core dmg ability, costs mana) not because it was in your post. If it was a response to your post, I would have used the "reply with quotes" button.

---------- Post added 2010-11-27 at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    There are pvp issues for allowing mounted moonkins.

As a mage, my opener to a riding enemy is polymorph, it dismounts them and allows to open with a heavy hit if they don't trinket asap. The main point, it dismounts them!
    I think this is a very valid concern. IMO poly immune is a bit much for druids these days, esp after the push to consolidate or eliminate pvp mechanics. If blizz wants us to be slippery and tree to be immune, they can tag poly immunity to tree form and let shifting break, then we're off the mount and can instant shift like normal.
    Last edited by geraldford; 2010-11-27 at 06:50 PM. Reason: added point