10+ Year Old Account

Pop Culture Refences in the EK/Kalimdor Quests (SPOILERS, of course)

Let's list 'em here ^_^

The one I did so far was the Alliance chain in Redridge. The basic setup is this:

After the Cataclysm, the Blackrock Orcs and the Gnolls team up to fight Lakeshire. Redridge's ace Orc Slayer is John "Rambo" Keesan complete with headband, bow and skinning knife. This is the same guy who was captured by the Orcs you have to rescue in Old Redridge. It's five years later and his mood is the same as his Rambo counterpart. He was shunned by the townsfolk because of his capture and spent the last five years as a free man participating in underground fights in the basement of the Lakeshire Inn. You're sent to recruit him but he flatout refuses, saying he's got nothing to fight for and he's through fighting. His CO thinks you can change his mind and sends you to get his buddies from Bravo Company, who were also captured by the Orcs.

Each member of Bravo Company is a different class, they're all Elite and "join" your party as Guardians (like the Northrend Quests you may have done) for the rescue part of the chain. One's a Mage, one's a Paladin, one's a Warrior and the 4th is a Rogue (I assume). I did it with my 80 Warlock so if you have a mount don't worry, they will keep up with you and from what I can tell, don't get aggro unless they literally run into a hostile. After you get them all plus John's gear, you head back to Lakeshire. Now that Rambo's got his buddies, his trusty axe and bow and most importantly, his red headband, he's ready to slay some Orcs ^_^

In true Rambo-esqe fashion, you travel by riverboat across Lake Everstill to the camp on the other side. "Rambo" wants to blow up the Orc base to the southeast but there's a problem: They've got hostages (the missing people you may have heard about when you first came to Lakeshire). You and a member of Bravo company have to sneak in (regardless of class), steal the key and the rescue the hostages. Once they're free, it's time to blow sh** up! You plant the explosive, get out of there and get back in time to watch the fireworks. Now that the Orcs have been dealt with, it's on to the Gnolls. John wants you to deal with the Archmage in the tower of Igligen first but way in is blocked. Fortunately, General Fangore has the key. Yes, he got promoted (LOL). When you're about to kill the Archmage, he teleports away and leaves an abomination for you to deal with. You haven't seen the last of him, though.

When you get back, John's CO has arrived with a present: A Seige Engine! You're going to drive while Rambo does what Rambo does best all the way to Keesan's Camp north of Stonewatch Hold. With the armies of Orcs and Gnolls wiped out, all that's lft are the leaders (who you may already know). After they're both dead, the Archmage returns and is revealed to be a Black Dragon. During the fighting, everyone except Bravo Company is killed except Rambo. The dragon mage doesn't want to die alone so he takes Rambo with him, crashing into the middle of Lake Everstill. When you get back to Lakeshire, Solomon's people manages to savlage Keesan's Dagger, Bow, Ring and (wait for it) headband. You get your pick of the Ring, Bow and Dagger but you also get his Headband. Wear it with pride when you go into BGs!

Overall it was a pretty epic Queat Chain. There is some phasing of course. I came into Lakeshire for the 3 new FPs at first but Keesan's Camp was empty. I did the chain but didn't see a Flightmaster Added. A real pain when doing it at level, methinks.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds cool... I'm still in that level range on my dwarf hunter, so I should definately try that quest out.

Looking for more funny quests... is that Zombis vs Plants stuff already in?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Sounds cool... I'm still in that level range on my dwarf hunter, so I should definately try that quest out.

Looking for more funny quests... is that Zombis vs Plants stuff already in?
    indeed it is, south of dalaran crater in hillsbrad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Someone showed me this earlier.

In Southshore, you fight the Angry Blight Slimes, you get a quest to kill a elite. His name is Chet.

Chet was the name of the older bad brother in the 80's movie Weird Science where he gets turned into a big blob that looks like the slimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Azshara, there's a quest where a hobgoblin is pushing a Minecart on tracks.

He says "We must push little cart!", a quote from Team Fortress 2 said by the Heavy.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

I've seen about 3 or 4 references so far.
    In Tanaris, a psychic reads a bugs thoughts and says "It's Afraid!!" - Starship Troopers, for those who don't know
    Also in Tanaris, there's the Thunderdrome, a la Mad Max's Thunderdome.
    In Durotar, there's Tednug and Scratchfever.
    In Ashenvale there's Aldo Rockrain and the big Inglorious Basterds reference
    and in Stonetalon there's the whole Bioshock "Large Daddy" chain.

The giant in Azshara called Balboa, big rocky guy you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    SPOILER: Quest in Burning Steppes, Rambo survived
    "When there is an evil justice cannot defeat, what would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil?". - Code Geass

Also, here is a link to my Döppelganger ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethr266 View Post
    In Durotar, there's Tednug and Scratchfever.
    OH SHI-

I'm ready to see some freaky not copyrighted Razor Hill action. God that's such a good story.

To add on to my post above, I just came across another one. In a quest in Winterspring, there's an Empire Strikes Back reference in a Yeti cave. I'll just leave you guys to find it. It happens on a quest, btw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pulp Fiction reference
    Northern Stranglethorn, Alliance
    During the raptor chain you are told to get some troll's brain the quest text states to "check out the big brain on braddok"

Apocalypse Now references are littered throughout STV

In stonetalon there is a blood elf by the name of Devo, on a quest he gives you, you must whip some little dudes. On the item it says "whip 'em good".

Youtube Devo whip it if you have no idea of the reference