Smile Buy PvP gear now or wait for Cataclysm?

I haven't played in about a year, just hit 80 yesterday and have maxed out honor points. There is about 2 weeks until Cataclysm comes out.

Should I buy all of the Wrathful PvP gear that I can now or hold onto the honor points and wait until Cataclysm is released to start purchasing gear?

Why/Why not?

Thanks!

Well, if your going to do a good amount of PvP in the next two weeks and think you can get back to honor cap before Cata, go for it mang.

pretty sure the cap is only 4k. not that hard to reach. really depends on how much time you spend bg'ing and your ques.

the other thing is once Cata starts gear goes back to being the big factor. right now most people shouldn't be complaining about gear disparities, only those that got by with them are the ones crying right now.

i'd say do it if you're not used to having top gear. you'll see firsthand how much of a factor it is.
    Last edited by candyass; 2010-11-25 at 06:43 PM.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would drop bout half of it on just cheap furious gear and then you can cap out again by the time cata rolls around.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

I went and got all my best pieces, all the mounts, all the tabards, and everything else I wanted just from grinding out bgs for 2 weeks about an hour or 2 a day. Pretty easy.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

I would just hold on to it, try getting some decent pve gear to lvl in.

Deleted
    You should wait for Cata

I agree with Feldoom if you are planning on doing a ton of pvp I would go ahead and start collecting the armor but if not then I personally would wait.

depending on how you plan to lvl, i figure a lot of people will be lvling from at least 81 with wraithful. if you are in a guild and you're just going to run instances then i understand going for pve gear, but if you're going to lvl outdoors or grind mobs, i figure a lot of people doing that will be wearing PvP gear.

i know i'll be wearing PvP gear to start...

Quote Originally Posted by coldspots View Post
    I agree with Feldoom if you are planning on doing a ton of pvp I would go ahead and start collecting the armor but if not then I personally would wait.
    Yep, if you're not going to be using it, don't bother, but if you are, do eeet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    pretty sure the cap is only 4k.

It is. I have reached it a couple of times already and just buy a gem or two to not to waste it when I get a PvP feeling, so I'm constantly quite near to the cap. Same with Justice points.

Plus I have about 400 old Wintergrasp Commendations in the bank, each giving 50 honor.

if you feel like grinding more bg's, get full wrathful, get capped again, have that much more of an advantage come cata, if not, just wait it won't be a major setback

Honor and Justice Points don't reset for Cataclysm, if I were you I'd just wait and buy things in Cataclysm instead of grinding for more points.