10+ Year Old Account

Classes crave balance

*Notes before reading*
    -I believe in stressing balance
    -I am a fan of devils advocate
    -Please dont get heated by my posts theyre clearly observations
    -I [DO NOT] hate mages, I just simply believe Blizzard babies them too much

Ok.. here are a few topics im going to talk about...
    A. Mages being the only ones to control ports for themselves and other players
    B. Why does blizz make mages cata pve set so amazingly sick and make the shaman and others pretty... gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    A. That's like staple mage, changing that would hinder their portals useless. Every class has their perks. I welcomed the removal of portals personally (and I don't have a mage)
    B. It's still very early days, if you've been around for a while you'll notice every page there's someone getting "Buffed" and "Nerfed", best to wait to see what happens.
    SEIRITH
    WORGEN DRUIDESS

10+ Year Old Account
    A.
    I think that taking the community ports out of dal and other places was a plain rediculous decision... giving the power to port SOULY to mages.. is unfair but understood.

yes i understand this is how old WOW was set up.. but they made community ports for a reason.. to help a lock, or hunter, or warrior travel without having to track down a mage for their porting powers... and fuck the glitchy 6minute zeplin ride imo.. especially if yesterday trying to get from dal to org took me 15 minutes with dc's and bugs with the zep..

imo.. giving port power to mages is like giving the power to rez souly to priests. and if they choose to keep it this way.. why not make it so that hunters are the only ones with pets.. and locks shouldnt need 3 people to summon somebody..

---------- Post added 2010-11-25 at 02:48 PM ----------

B.
    I have this unsettling certaincy that mages will still look amazing in cata and shamans will look like they covered themselves with some loose treebark and mud.. obviously every class cant look CRAZY SICK... but theres no reason i shouldnt want to wear my pve set...

Deleted
    A. Deal with it. Epic Flying mounts are available for those who don't have a Mage or want to pay for a portal. Yes, right now it comes a huge shock for the many people addicted to instant travelling. Instant travelling was one of the reasons why I thought Guild Wars sucked, so there you have my opinion.
    B. Personal opinion. I think the Shaman one looks pretty awesome.

EDIT: This is starting to sound more and more like a Shaman QQ post than an objective observation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlysonMeyer View Post
    A. Deal with it. Epic Flying mounts are available for those who don't have a Mage or want to pay for a portal. Yes, right now it comes a huge shock for the many people addicted to instant travelling. Instant travelling was one of the reasons why I thought Guild Wars sucked, so there you have my opinion.
    B. Personal opinion. I think the Shaman one looks pretty awesome.

EDIT: This is starting to sound more and more like a Shaman QQ post than an objective observation.
    so im forced to pay 4k-5k for an epic flyer and wait 7 days before i can efficiently travel to and from org/dal?? posshh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwuk View Post
    so im forced to pay 4k-5k for an epic flyer and wait 7 days before i can efficiently travel to and from org/dal?? posshh
    Yeah... you're not. You can simply take the flight path or fly on your regular flying mount. EDIT: As for the waiting. Yes. Yes you have. You do know you're not the only one though, right?

Seriously, what's so bad about having to actually move your character instead of taking a portal everywhere you need to go?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your right its only me and EVERY OTHER PERSON not playing a mage.. and was an unneeded inconveincing change

Deleted
    Sorry to break it too you but most people like easy travel rather than constant problems.. and your opinion is for everyone that doesnt play a mage to pay a port tax or pay 4-5k and wait a week to travel freely from 2 of the most populated WoW cities? Your opinion sounds like poo
    You obviously weren't paying attention to the countless posts complaining about how you can do everything without leaving a major city in Wrath.

Besides, if travelling is that much of a deal for you, then why don't you just stay in Stormwind/Orgrimmar? You don't really sound like the person who likes to do quests, farming or anything at all, really.

Also, I'm out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your right its only me and EVERY OTHER PERSON not playing a mage.. and was an unneeded inconveincing change
    They did say on the forums that they were going to leave the portals in till the 7th at least but they were advised by their developers this would take too much effort.
    SEIRITH
    WORGEN DRUIDESS

15+ Year Old Account
    You can't much more petty than this.

Deleted
    If you want to go to Dalaran or Northerend - buy the Kirin tor ring or the argent tournament tabart.
    If you want to go to Outland - there are portals to the Badlands in major cities.
    In Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms we always had to fly.

If you want balance, roll a druid.

/dodge

*Notes before reading*
    -I believe in stressing balance
    -I am a fan of devils advocate
    -Please dont get heated by my posts theyre clearly observations
    -I [DO NOT] hate mages, I just simply believe Blizzard babies them too much

Ok.. here are a few topics im going to talk about...
    A. Mages being the only ones to control ports for themselves and other players
    B. Why does blizz make mages cata pve set so amazingly sick and make the shaman and others pretty... gay.
    Portals are a mages staple and have been since vanilla, if u remember like someone said there was literally almost no reason to leave cities except for raids near the end of wotlkm why would blizzard revamp an entire world for people to just sit in cities all over again. Is it a hassle sure, but realistically you're gonna spend all ur time on one of twocontinents and u can fly over and appreciate all the work they put into revamping the zones, p.s. there are also ports to places like tol barad etc. I welcome the change. U already have insta ques for bgs and heroics, I think that's more than a fair exchange for removing their portals.

B. Mage sets have looked horrendous, if you wanna talk about balance let's talk about the fact that warlock and priest have 6 or so really decent looking sets and mages best looking tier set pre t11 was probably a crap 3 way tier between tier 3 8 and 10, none of which were amazing. Yes other classes have been screwed over I.e. hunters, but I can't honestly think of 1 mage set that has ever impressed me like priest t4-6, t8, lock t8, t4-6, etc etc. Various other classes have at least one good set, rogue t2, war t3, pally t2 or t8, druid t3 etc etc. Be happy for them not getting shafted for the first time