This thread doesn't have enough pictures, so I might as well post some of my new side-project:

It's the first computer I ever built, cleaned and re-built. It has been at my grandmothers house for the past 3 years; and she has a dog and smokes - go figure.

Not sure what I will use it for though. I might try to upgrade it slightly and sell it for a reasonably cheap price to someone who just needs a computer for surfing/e-mail. I really like the look of the case, as it is polished black aluminum with thick plexiglass in the front. The only thing I don't really like about it is that it doesn't have a dedicated place for an intake fan (there are mountings in the front for a 80 or 120mm fan, but there are no intake holes).

Specs:
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz CPU with HT Technology, LGA775
    Cooler: Artic Freezer Pro 7
    MoBo: AOpen i915Ga-e
    RAM: A-Data 512Mb DDR400 (400Mhz) PC3200 x2
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce 6600GT
    PSU: Generic 340W PSU which needs to be changed judging by how it looked when I opened it.
    Other: 120mm and 80mm fans, CD burner and DVD reader (both IDE).

The HDD is my old back-up boot drive. I think it's a 160Gb Seagate Sata II HDD, but I'm not 100% sure and can't be bothered to check. I've had it for ages. And yes, I'm aware that there's no SATA cable connecting it to the MoBo.
    Last edited by Marest; 2011-08-30 at 01:50 PM.

Where's the PSU mount? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Top.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Dude, it's old school!
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

There I see it. Thought I saw the roof of the cabinet there, so I was completely wtf'd.

---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 06:30 PM ----------

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ard-can-I-take
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-08-30 at 06:39 PM.

I got my new board today (P8P67 WS Revolution), which means i've dropped the half-working M4E out. This also means i could use my replacement 2600K comfortably again, and regain triple SLI. I am absolutely in awe at this new board, moreso than i ever was with the M4E. The BIOS/EFI options are slightly different, and there's no DIMM-GPU POST option, but it's just much better.

There's a few reasons i find it better. One of the more noticable reasons though --- absolutely this;

One other reason is that now, the top 580 is actually in the top PCIE bracket slot on the case, instead of the second one down. Additionally, if i wanted to use those PCIEx1 slots, i could simply buy single slot PCI brackets for 2 of my 580's. It'd be a tight fit, but i could realistically use them if i wanted to. Also, this board features some cool pulsing LED's between 2 of the PCIE slots. It's not much, but it's a nice touch.

I've got my replacement watercooling parts arriving tomorrow morning, which should help completely free up that bottom slot (as you can see, the EK bridge and link on the bottom card would block most add-in cards). It'll also be much better for overall looks in all honesty.

EDIT: Evidently i also got set on a REAL good chip with this replacement too, since i'm now into Windows at 4.8Ghz at 1.38V. No boot time hangs, although the Windows boot logo did seem to freeze, it continued to load. I've not stressed it yet, but browsing the net with youtube in the background and it's not too bad. I'll be stressing it.

To compare, my previous chip needed ~1.45V to get in at 4.8Ghz.

EDIT: 5GHZ at 1.38V!

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1976757

Holy sh*t! My old one wouldn't even touch 5Ghz!
    Last edited by Synthaxx; 2011-08-30 at 11:01 PM.
    Coder, Gamer, YouTuber - Thoughtcloud | YouTube - Latest: BF4 - AWS : AWSHIT BROTATO!
    Knows: Delphi, PHP, WQL/SQL/MySQLi, Python, jQuery, HTML, CSS | Learning: Ruby + Sinatra
    Phrases: Can't Replicate | Check StackOverflow | F*ck your illiterate elsif

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX670 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

That's amazing, Syn, glad you got your new board, and grats on the improved overclock capability!

1.38v!!!!!!!!!! Wanna switch CPU's? XD

grats on reaching 5ghz

i7-4930K | RIVE | 32GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | Xonar Xense | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Ah, sure enough, it didn't stay stable at that for long, so i've settle for 4.8Ghz at 1.38V. That's still exceptional in my eyes.
    Coder, Gamer, YouTuber - Thoughtcloud | YouTube - Latest: BF4 - AWS : AWSHIT BROTATO!
    Knows: Delphi, PHP, WQL/SQL/MySQLi, Python, jQuery, HTML, CSS | Learning: Ruby + Sinatra

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX670 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Ah, sure enough, it didn't stay stable at that for long, so i've settle for 4.8Ghz at 1.38V. That's still exceptional in my eyes.
    Sounds like you had the same issues that I did when I hit 5k on mine, although that voltage was a lot lower! Very nice!! Looks like I picked the wrong MB
    Current Gaming Setup: i7-2600K @4.4GHz | Asus P8Z68-V Pro | 16GB DDR3/1600MHz | GTX 570 2.5GB | Samsung P2770HD x2

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdunka View Post
    Sounds like you had the same issues that I did when I hit 5k on mine, although that voltage was a lot lower! Very nice!! Looks like I picked the wrong MB
    Nah, in all honesty, the P8 series all seem to be relatively good. Honestly, the differences between the M4E and WS Rev. are very small, but make a world of difference for different people. Likewise, the other P8 boards generally seem to be aimed at the mid-high end gamers and enthusiasts who don't really want to sink £200+ into a motherboard for features they don't really care about

For me, as i said earlier, that extra PCIE slot being available is a massive bonus. I've confirmed all 4 slots run at 8x when they're all populated, but that's still sufficient for my current setup and future plans.

Still, i'm actually surprised that a 2600K runs below 1.3V. As it is, it's sat at 1.22V at 4.3Ghz - although it's set for 1.25V according to manual settings. I honestly thought they started at 1.27V or so. It was only when i saw "1.15V" in BIOS/EFI earlier that i realised i'd been set with a truly awful chip first time around, and that in fact it wasn't my own fault that the chip wouldn't clock as easily as expected... at least not entirely.

I could probably get it stable at 1.42V for 5Ghz, still pretty decent, but i'll settle for running it at 4.3 at these volts, and then ramp up to 4.8Ghz if i really want to.

Also decided to order in 2 single slot brackets for 2 of my cards. The other card is non-reference and so it's dual slot regardless.
    Last edited by Synthaxx; 2011-08-31 at 02:19 AM.

I was pushing up to 5.2 but the voltage you need to push through and the heat generated is pretty nuts. I have mine at 5.0 right now but I need to slowly drop the Vcore until I find the line where its just stable. Having it at 5.0 and not ever breaking 70C is kinda comforting.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Nah, in all honesty, the P8 series all seem to be relatively good. Honestly, the differences between the M4E and WS Rev. are very small, but make a world of difference for different people. Likewise, the other P8 boards generally seem to be aimed at the mid-high end gamers and enthusiasts who don't really want to sink £200+ into a motherboard for features they don't really care about

For me, as i said earlier, that extra PCIE slot being available is a massive bonus. I've confirmed all 4 slots run at 8x when they're all populated, but that's still sufficient for my current setup and future plans.

Still, i'm actually surprised that a 2600K runs below 1.3V. As it is, it's sat at 1.22V at 4.3Ghz - although it's set for 1.25V according to manual settings. I honestly thought they started at 1.27V or so. It was only when i saw "1.15V" in BIOS/EFI earlier that i realised i'd been set with a truly awful chip first time around, and that in fact it wasn't my own fault that the chip wouldn't clock as easily as expected... at least not entirely.

I could probably get it stable at 1.42V for 5Ghz, still pretty decent, but i'll settle for running it at 4.3 at these volts, and then ramp up to 4.8Ghz if i really want to.

Also decided to order in 2 single slot brackets for 2 of my cards. The other card is non-reference and so it's dual slot regardless.
    I never before really considered replacing my current motherboard with the WS Revolution, but with the stuff you've been saying, I'm honestly highly considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I never before really considered replacing my current motherboard with the WS Revolution, but with the stuff you've been saying, I'm honestly highly considering it.
    I only considered it because it's got everything i need. It's certainly a high end board but so is the M4E, UD7, and P67-FTW. This however, is massively cheaper than all those. It seems it's somewhat limited in supply, since Amazon and Scan were the only places stocking it, neither of which i use regularly.

US probably don't have issues with stock of it though. Overall, it's essentially a workstation version of the M4E. On that alone, i can't help but recommend it.

I set the vcore to 1.360v manually. This is the value that it says it does on auto. Just to check things.
    That's not stable. For some reason. But auto was. /baffled

does it also say 1.36V in CPU-Z (or whatever program) under load?

2 TB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
    I could have my movie collection and my steam library in my pocket.
    I wonder what the speeds are and it wont be cheap thats for sure.

Off topic but that guy needs to buy a nail clipper

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    2 TB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
    I could have my movie collection and my steam library in my pocket.
    I wonder what the speeds are and it wont be cheap thats for sure.

Off topic but that guy needs to buy a nail clipper
    It's 16GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    It's 16GB.
    "Thin Card models will start at 16 GB in capacity, and will go all the way up to 2 TB."