10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    the day it does its mine :P
    c wat u did thar
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Processor: 2.8 GHz Core i7-860
    Memory: 8gb DDR3
    Storage: 500gb, 1TB hard drive
    Graphics: MSI N460GTX Hawk GeForce GTX 460 1GB Manualy Overclocked
    Operating System: Windows 7 (64-bit)
    Cooler Master Storm Scout Gaming Case
    Antec 650W PSU

25" Samsung
    World of Warcraft:Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse
    Coolermaster cm Storm CS-X Battle-Pad DP
    Razer Blackwidow keyboard
    logitech 5.1
    Sound Blaster World of Warcraft headset

Im hoping to get a better motherboard soon to overclock my processor and a gtx570 cause its within my budget.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    It'll likely be a custom modded project. Minecraft simply isn't "globalised" enough for it to be something a dedicated case building company would invest in. In fact, even games as big as Call of Duty series (such as 1 and 2), they only got limited edition cases as special promos that would be handed out in competitions. Even then, it was just some dedicated modder, and not a proper company.

You could build your own case out of lego though, that's pretty close.
    a shame, but yes, when i move to a bigger place where i can have some space to build a nice case, im gonna do it, atleast i got the hardware lol

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I am thinking of getting another MSI Twin Frozor II HD6870 for my rig, probably after the 7000 series comes out. I noticed that on my MSI Afterburner program my card currently uses about 65% of it's performance when I am playing Rift and some other newer games are pushing it quite a bit, especially Metro: 2033. With Rage on the horizon I want to have an optimal video performance for it if possible. My only concern is that my power supply does not support Crossfire, I am currently using a Thermaltake Comet 780 watt modular power supply which only has two 4 pin connectors on it, the HD6870 cards use 2x4 pin power connectors. Not sure if my power supply can handle a Crossfire setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a halo-themed case. Not that I've played the games much but I like the machinima webseries Arby n the Chief a little too much.

Someone start a custom case company nao! And ship worldwide.

Overclocking my new not-yet-broken 2600K now. Think I've ended up with Synthaxx old chip. Absolute crap, still crashing on 4.6 with 1.360V.

Edit: err, 4.6 so far found somewhat stable on 1.420V (droop 1.400). LLC Ultra high, PLL overvoltage on. Yay? nay...!
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-09-09 at 06:17 PM.

At least a minecraft inspired case isn't exactly going to be hard to create.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch. That's a real harsh chip, and does sound a lot like my old one.
    It's its swedish cousin at least!

When I got the new CPU I had a feeling this 2600K had been returned by someone because it looked used, slight miscoloring on both sides like if someone had cleaned up some thermal paste and done it half sloppy. And the store clerk 5 minutes getting the box with the CPU and kind of personally closed the "Intel factory sealed" sticker with his thumb. Maybe I should go back and try exchanging it.I can probably make it unstable at stock clocks with 100 runs through Intel burn test ;p

Though temps aren't half horrible. Around 80 C peak during intel burn test. It's just that anything above 4.6 feels out of reach.

Personally, i just managed to get mine up to 5.2Ghz, booted in, at 1.46V. However, upon starting to prime, i promptly got the PFWOOM sound of the PC shutting down automatically. Moments before this, just a second after starting to prime, i did see the CPU jump to 77C on one of the cores. I presume the shutdown was me reaching thermal limit.
    Maybe but wouldn't it be more likely to throttle rather than shutdown if it reaches the thermal limit?

---------- Post added 2011-09-09 at 10:53 PM ----------

4.6 on VID offset (-0.005V) overclocking: "only" 1.384V! though there's some droop not accounted for so it may get higher during lighter loads than IBT, but still, improvment!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch. That's a real harsh chip, and does sound a lot like my old one. Personally, i just managed to get mine up to 5.2Ghz, booted in, at 1.46V. However, upon starting to prime, i promptly got the PFWOOM sound of the PC shutting down automatically. Moments before this, just a second after starting to prime, i did see the CPU jump to 77C on one of the cores. I presume the shutdown was me reaching thermal limit. One less likely option but still a concern is that i might have caused too much strain on the PSU. It seems very unlikely this was the case, but i don't generally see systems just shutdown like this just did.
    Thermal limit is like 95c+ where the CPU tells the mobo to power off ASAP. I've seen my cores doing 82c when I was trying to push for 4.9ghz and the system ran just fine...although I was just testing how much of a beating my chip could take, I consider anything higher than 75c unsafe for long periods of time.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    At least a minecraft inspired case isn't exactly going to be hard to create.
    It's going to be harder than you think though, I suspect, and depends entirely on what you want to make of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Overclocking my new not-yet-broken 2600K now. Think I've ended up with Synthaxx old chip. Absolute crap, still crashing on 4.6 with 1.360V.

Edit: err, 4.6 so far found somewhat stable on 1.420V (droop 1.400). LLC Ultra high, PLL overvoltage on. Yay? nay...!
    This should teach you to play carefully with good toys.
    :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    This should teach you to play carefully with good toys.
    :>
    I'll put my processor in the wall socket if I feel like it!

Well through offset-voltage I now kind of ended up with it stable on 4.6 with 1.360V. Not THAT great as my previous chip could do this at 1.320 something, but it could be worse I suppose, meh. No long time stress test yet ofc but it handled 50 runs of IBT so it feels promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    It's going to be harder than you think though, I suspect, and depends entirely on what you want to make of it.
    Of course it depends on whether you want it motorized etc, but a minecraft theme of blocks, minecraft enemies and tools etc. could be done with a dremel and something like sculpey.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Hey I just got my new pc <3 time to showoff now!

Antec Twelve Hundred
    Intel Core I7 2600K at 3,4 Ghz (soon a OC to 4,0 Ghz atleast)
    16 GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 quad kit
    Asrock P67 Extreme 6
    SAPPHIRE HD 6950 2GB Dirt 3 edition in crossfire!
    OCZ VTX3 120GB
    2x WD 10k RPM hard drive of 320 GB each
    Club 3D 850W power supply

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Of course it depends on whether you want it motorized etc, but a minecraft theme of blocks, minecraft enemies and tools etc. could be done with a dremel and something like sculpey.
    I'm not meaning the technical, actual making of the case...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximenez View Post
    2x WD 10k RPM hard drive of 320 GB each
    Club 3D 850W power supply
    Eww, people still buy raptors?
    And what on earth is that PSU?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering the same thing..... why buy two Raptors? Especially if you got a Vertex 3.... the Raptors are going to sit there spinning far faster than needed and not for anything that needs it. You're going to install games and crap on the SSD and be saving pics/videos to 10k drives.... x_x

The Raptors were an honest waste, unless you have like 50 large size games to install. Like, 10 different games the size of WoW, then I could understand, however I doubt that.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I was wondering the same thing..... why buy two Raptors? Especially if you got a Vertex 3.... the Raptors are going to sit there spinning far faster than needed and not for anything that needs it. You're going to install games and crap on the SSD and be saving pics/videos to 10k drives.... x_x

The Raptors were an honest waste, unless you have like 50 large size games to install. Like, 10 different games the size of WoW, then I could understand, however I doubt that.
    Video editing, rendering, handling uncompressed footage, anything I/O heavy that needs speed and lots of room.

CPU: Intel i5 2500k
    GPU: Evga GTX 580
    PSU: Thermaltake 750W Modular
    RAM: Corsair 1600 4x4 GB
    Motherboard: Asus P8P67 LE
    Cooler: Zalman 9900

Question whatever you take for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Eww, people still buy raptors?
    And what on earth is that PSU?
    maybe he had them from hes old rig?
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    klick my link and you will see my minecraft pc, or still trying to find a mincraft'ish case to it :S
    dang, thought that was gonna be a server

not sure if this is relevant or not but with that you should run:
    64 bit offline java
    mcpatcher
    LB Photo Real 256bit texture pack