Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    512GB SSD? Really? My lord... And don't think about going 5.0GHz or higher on your CPU.... hope you can.... and be damned careful.
    Yep 512GB. Still thinking about going 5.0+ ... I know I don't need it and probably shouldn't :P
    Last edited by Tavros87; 2011-09-19 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    As is the case with most high end graphics cards. My 6870 sounds like a jet engine when it goes up on load.
    The HD6870 isn't precisely high-end. My higher-end HD6970 hits about 22% fanspeed at most during full load, and I can't hear that. In other words, reference-coolers suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavros87 View Post
    Yep 512GB. Still thinking about going 5.0+ ... I know I don't need it and probably shouldn't :P
    Do be aware that not all chips will go to 5.0 GHz. There are no guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    The HD6870 isn't precisely high-end. My higher-end HD6970 hits about 22% fanspeed at most during full load, and I can't hear that. In other words, reference-coolers suck.
    Do be aware that not all chips will go to 5.0 GHz. There are no guarantees.
    So i wonder, what fan do you have on your 6970 that only hits 22% in full load cause my gtx 570 from gainward GLH edition with 2 fans hits 80-90 % in full load while playing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavros87 View Post
    Are you talking about the top plate on the GTX 580? I have 2 but they dont have that plate. That looks really good!

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 01:57 AM ----------

I like the view out of the window super nice ^^
    this is EK's to match their WB:

EVGA also sells 580 backplates, but they are for the EVGA reference and may not work on other brand video cards

Deleted
    Few changes (*) for my cuddly mATX build:

CPU: i5-2500k @ 3,3Ghz (haven't overclocked yet, I'll probably go for 4Ghz later)
    CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS10X Extreme *
    Case: Silverstone tj08-e
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z *
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    GPU: Palit GTX 580 3GB
    PSU: Corsair 750W
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB
    Mouse: Logitech G9x *
    Keyboard: Logitech G110 *

I'm not the best cameraman on the planet.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2011-09-19 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    this is EK's to match their WB:

EVGA also sells 580 backplates, but they are for the EVGA reference and may not work on other brand video cards

Thanks a lot bro. The plates look great! This is the 1st PC I build and I didn't even know about this plates they look awesome! I'm working on my PC now still on the aesthetics ^^ and ill look into this plates

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNoDie View Post
    So i wonder, what fan do you have on your 6970 that only hits 22% in full load cause my gtx 570 from gainward GLH edition with 2 fans hits 80-90 % in full load while playing...

ASUS Direct Cu II. Tripleslotter. Yea, I don't like noise, tbqh..

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post

ASUS Direct Cu II. Tripleslotter. Yea, I don't like noise, tbqh..
    Have 2 of those...they're HUGE!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, someone who owns a Gainward GPU. I've heard of those maybe once before...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

What, like me?

Gainward is a company who used to be bigger than they are, but they are a classic and coming back. I love their GLH-branding. :'D

GHL? *puzzled*

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    GHL? *puzzled*
    No, GLH. A Gainward 'model', or, where they're aiming. High performing overclocked cards. GLH stands for Goes Like Hell. :'3

Oh! I see now. :3

The thing is the Gainward GLH edition really goes like hell and it looks perfect!
    And when you start playing something, all Hell breaks loose in the case its just insane i just love it

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is the Gainward GLH edition really goes like hell and it looks perfect!
    And when you start playing something, all Hell breaks loose in the case its just insane i just love it

It has horrible fan noise or what? What hell?

Good looking card but has Wries asked what hell?

Jesus man, stop blueballing me with your indecisiveness! I want to see some epic already! D:

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Good looking card but has Wries asked what hell?
    The sound isn't horrible, its nice, it's loud but i like it.. it sounds cool like a jet engine

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember how satisfying it felt when I got my first real gaming setup (the one I'm still using) with the core 2 duo and hd 4850 when the fans ramped up and it made that deep "woooosshhh" sound and you could feel the air getting sucked in from the front. Now, several years later, I'm quite sure that I could do with a little less noise if possible when I decide to upgrade. It's not like the sound is overwhelming or anything especially when I use sound dumpening headphones 90% of the time my pc is on but afterall I guess more quieter would be nice . And to leave the pc on even while not used or nightime would be sweet, though not realistically doable at the moment.