ok, then i use my other reasonings as to why it sucks :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    seeing as my loudest component is the psu .. it'd be a bit pointless getting something like that :P

looks ridiculous too >.>

edit: is it cruel of me to love where they say: "The PC itself doesn't compromise on performance," and they're running on a h67 = no overclocking, pffft, no compromise on performance my foot :P

edit2: as well as the obvious loss of performance (depending on what you'd use the pc for) of not having a graphics card plugged in
    silverstone makes passive cooled PSU's, and koolance makes a watercooled PSU

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Something along the lines of this perhaps? A 100% passively cooled i5 2500k system.
    Does that even have a GPU?

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Does that even have a GPU?
    Do you need a magnifying glass? ;p <3

my psu isn't especially noisy, just happens to be the noisiest part, there's a difference

Something along the lines of this perhaps? A 100% passively cooled i5 2500k system.
    What am I even looking at >_>

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Do you need a magnifying glass? ;p <3
    Yes I need a magnifying glass even though I saw that DVI integrated port, NOW DOES IT HAVE A FREAKING GPU??

Quote Originally Posted by xuvial View Post
    yes i need a magnifying glass even though i saw that dvi integrated port, now does it have a freaking gpu??
    intel hd 3,000!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Yes I need a magnifying glass even though I saw that DVI integrated port, NOW DOES IT HAVE A FREAKING GPU??
    if you saw the dvi port, that answered the question right there, a motherboard wouldn't have a dvi port if it didn't have a gpu integrated

dd was obviously referring to what i an he had already mentioned, the inability to have an exernal/pcie card gpu,bit of a kicker if you need anything more than basic bare minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    if you saw the dvi port, that answered the question right there, a motherboard wouldn't have a dvi port if it didn't have a gpu integrated

dd was obviously referring to what i an he had already mentioned, the inability to have an exernal/pcie card gpu,bit of a kicker if you need anything more than basic bare minimum
    I think silent cooling is a cool* idea, but you'd have to buy a specialized case to not obscure Mobo ports

*Not intended to be a pun

you could use a PCIe ribbon cable and mount a aftermarket gpu in there somewhere, although i think you would need a bigger case to mount a passive cooler on a nvidia 500 series

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    you could use a PCIe ribbon cable and mount a aftermarket gpu in there somewhere, although i think you would need a bigger case to mount a passive cooler on a nvidia 500 series
    Yeah, something that has enough space in between the bottom of the motherboard and the top of the PSU to allow for another ridiculously huge heatsink. ;p

I hope the classmate's parts have arrived by now. Really growing excited about building that computer.

And in the end, what's the point honestly. I thought that system in a define R3 case with silent fans doesn't pretty much make a sound? Unless you like, work professionally with audio stuff and have to record something, absolut zero dB is not needed as you can't hear it anyway with bare ears ;>

Case: CM HAF-912
    MOBO: Asus P8P67 Evo
    Cooling: Megahalems rev. B + Noctua NF-P12
    CPU: Intel i7-2600k
    GPU: Asus GTX 560 ti DC II OC
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2gb
    PSU: Corsair TXV2 650W
    HDD: WD Black Caviar 1TB
    Monitor: Samsung LX2370HD
    Speakers: Creative 2.1
    Mouse: Logitech MX 518
    Keybord: Logitech K120

Although I agree about the comment regarding the performance claim. You sacrifice your GPU slot for absolute silence. Not to mention that the i5 2500k is totally wasted.
    On the contrary. The K model has Intel HD 3000 graphics while the Non-K has HD 2000. Since the build uses the IGP, having the better one makes sense.
    Obsidian 350D | i7 2700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110 | ASUS Maximus V Gene Z77 | 32GB RAM | Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan @ 1.1Ghz | 500GB SSD | 4TB Stripe

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    On the contrary. The K model has Intel HD 3000 graphics while the Non-K has HD 2000. Since the build uses the IGP, having the better one makes sense.
    That I wasn't aware of.

In either case, it seems I linked an outdated version of it. Here is the more recent (and still available) one: http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/pro...ms/sys-a43-z68
    At glance, it does look like the second and third of the PCI-E ports on the Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 aren't blocked by the massive heatsink. So add something like an ASUS ENGT440 and you got a decent system that is, apart from the Blu-Ray writer and the HDD (you could go for only SSDs though), absolutely silent.
    Last edited by Marest; 2011-09-26 at 01:18 PM.

Anyone manage to get their hands on a Llano system yet (or build one)?

I just recently built an A8 system at work for an office machine myself. I'm rather impressed considering it's more or less an old K10 with an IGP. I can't really test it for games, but for general usage and responsiveness in an office environment, it is noticeably faster than the i3 2100 system I built a couple months ago. I attribute that to the 4 physical cores over the HT'd dual core i3 though. Obviously Aero is smoother on a Radeon as well... really not impressed with the new Intel IGP's despite their praise. Still slow, and the drivers are surprisingly bad for Intel.

Ended up being a bit cheaper than the i3 too...

I'd like to see someone build an ITX Llano system..
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yeah, something that has enough space in between the bottom of the motherboard and the top of the PSU to allow for another ridiculously huge heatsink. ;p
    Late response because I was at work and Firefox for Android sucks at "Reply with Quote"-ing...
    wtb passively cooled GTX 580. That giant heatsink pictured earlier is for a 95W TDP CPU, imagine how big it'd need to be for a 244W TDP GPU

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Anyone manage to get their hands on a Llano system yet (or build one)?

I just recently built an A8 system at work for an office machine myself. I'm rather impressed considering it's more or less an old K10 with an IGP. I can't really test it for games, but for general usage and responsiveness in an office environment, it is noticeably faster than the i3 2100 system I built a couple months ago. I attribute that to the 4 physical cores over the HT'd dual core i3 though. Obviously Aero is smoother on a Radeon as well... really not impressed with the new Intel IGP's despite their praise. Still slow, and the drivers are surprisingly bad for Intel.

Ended up being a bit cheaper than the i3 too...

I'd like to see someone build an ITX Llano system..
    I was planning to build one for my mother. As a HTPC. Not now tho. In a couple of months.

[email protected] | GeForce GTX 760 | 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB SSD | 1+2TB HDD | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 | Corsair CX V2 500W | NZXT Phantom | 2x 24" 1920x1080 | Qpad MK-80 MX Blue | Logitech G600