Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Don't get me wrong though, I really like my Twin Frozr II, but honestly, the cooling solution for them all is almost the exact same. Hawks/Lightnings just look even cooler and have higher clocks I'm afraid to attempt on my poor card. ;P My TFII was OC'd when I got it to 880MHz on the core, I now have it to 910MHz.... not sure how much more I want to try.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 06:50 AM ----------

And just look at this beauty....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127589

Yeah I realize it's a 580 Lightning Special Edition..... but whatever. :3
    Haha, that beauty is going into my PC when I can get the funds for it. I read every single page of the reviews, and not one bad review. Mind you, it was 2 days ago when I did this, so there could be a few bad apples in there. But the color scheme, all the good reviews and the 3GB...its gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Haha, that beauty is going into my PC when I can get the funds for it. I read every single page of the reviews, and not one bad review. Mind you, it was 2 days ago when I did this, so there could be a few bad apples in there. But the color scheme, all the good reviews and the 3GB...its gorgeous.
    Get a couple 2560p monitors for it. ;p
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Well, MSI cards pretty much don't exist here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Well, MSI cards pretty much don't exist here.
    Want one? Pay for it and my airplane ride and I'll bring it to you and make sure its shipment is the most elite and glorious ever. Like the glorious'ness of this music:

*as Deltrus ran from the bus stop to Xuvial's house, he knew in his heart what he delivered would be one of few in the entire great land of New Zealand... he mustn't fail.*
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Not to be an ass here, but this isn't really what the topic is for.

If you need help with a build you are better off making a new thread, instead of derailing this one
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan View Post
    Not to be an ass here, but this isn't really what the topic is for.

If you need help with a build you are better off making a new thread, instead of derailing this one
    Derailing? I'm asking upgrade advice and will post when I get it thus continuing the purpose. There weren't any builds being discussed so I'm seeing this as a non-issue.

Stay on topic and let the moderators decide if a thread is derailing or not. If you want to come with input; use the report function or PM a mod.

We are pretty lenient in this thread and allow a fairly broad discussion as long as it can be related to the original topic. If you have any questions or inquires specific to your (future) build it is better to create a new thread in Computer Build Help. Also, for off-topic discussion there are other forums such as Off-Topic and Fun Stuff to consider.
    Last edited by Marest; 2011-09-29 at 10:05 AM.

I spose derailing was not the correct word for it. Just thought that the thread was started with the intention of showing your system in combination with pictures, not discussing upgrades.

But as you said, I am not in the position to judge what is appropriate or not

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    1) 55c on the GPU and 45c on the CPU (loaded) is incredibly cool, make sure you check with someone before you assume things are running "too hot". The "too hot" mark for an Intel CPU is anything above 75c (it won't shut down the system till you hit the 90's), for AMD chips it's around 60-65c, and for the GPU it's around 90-100c before you need to start worrying. These chips are designed to last for years and years under those temps
    75c isn't too hot. You need a temperature of 106c before the CPU stops, but wear and tear is going to become relatively prominent when going over 90 for a distinct period.

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 10:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan View Post
    I spose derailing was not the correct word for it. Just thought that the thread was started with the intention of showing your system in combination with pictures, not discussing upgrades.

But as you said, I am not in the position to judge what is appropriate or not
    Suffice to say, this thread is the closest thing to "off-topic" of the forum.

Processor: amd phenom 3-core 2.10
    GPU: Nvidia GEFORCE 9500 GS
    RAM: 3 gigs random
    HDD: 500 gigs random

pro gaming rig

Case: Antec Dark FLeet DF-30
    PSU: Thermaltake TR2 800W
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k
    CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio
    Mobo: ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO
    RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws-X DDR3
    HDD: 2x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 in RAID0
    GPU: MSI 560Ti Twin FrozrII/OC
    Left Screen: 22" Samsung 2233RZ
    Right Screen: 23" LG Flatron IPS236V-PN

Ordered on 20/09/11
    Received on 21/09/11

Total cost: £873.96

Waiting on a new CPU Cooler Retention NUT and Rear Exhaust Fan before I attempt to OC the CPU. Got the GPU running at:
    Core: 957Mhz
    Shader: 1914Mhz
    Memory: 2257Mhz
    Stable at 50C Full load
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-09-29 at 10:31 AM.
    Current Project :::: Virtual Private Server hosting and Modded Minecraft admin :::: http://www.refreshprojects.com/
    Fractal Design Define R4 || Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || Thermaltake Frio Pull/Push || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws-X || ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO || MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk || GTX 610 || Samsung 2233RZ || LG IPS236V-PN || Samsung 46 F6320

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    GPU: MSI Twin FrozrII/OC
    Dying to know what card you're using. That's an impressive OC temperature

those GFX-cards with 2 fans = loud like a mad man :S cant understand why ppl are so hyped over it :S
    My SoundCloud.
    Take a look and comment!

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Dying to know what card you're using. That's an impressive OC temperature
    loool! sorted :P

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    those GFX-cards with 2 fans = loud like a mad man :S cant understand why ppl are so hyped over it :S
    It's practically silent vs the Frio at full speed.
    But the noise doesn't really bother me... thats what music is for.
    Current Project :::: Virtual Private Server hosting and Modded Minecraft admin :::: http://www.refreshprojects.com/
    Fractal Design Define R4 || Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz || Thermaltake Frio Pull/Push || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws-X || ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO || MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk || GTX 610 || Samsung 2233RZ || LG IPS236V-PN || Samsung 46 F6320

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    loool! sorted :P

---------- Post added 2011-09-29 at 11:33 AM ----------

It's practically silent vs the Frio at full speed.
    But the noise doesn't really bother me... thats what music is for.
    And quality headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    Reference coolers (single radial fan usually) are usually louder though, mostly because the fan has to spin faster than a dual fan/larger heatsink setup to keep the GPU cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    Reference coolers (single radial fan usually) are usually louder though, mostly because the fan has to spin faster than a dual fan/larger heatsink setup to keep the GPU cool.
    guessing im pretty lucky with my gtx570 sli.. hardly saying anything =)
    My SoundCloud.
    Take a look and comment!

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    PC Gaming setup:

IMG_2866 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2904 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2881 by kurfer, on Flickr

Console Gaming Setup:

DSC00685 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2959 by kurfer, on Flickr

IMG_2921 by kurfer, on Flickr
    What software you used to make those pictures? I can see that it is not real

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    What software you used to make those pictures? I can see that it is not real
    They are most likely real, but whether he owns it or not is a whole different question :P